Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In that case you should avoid all concerts and pretty much anything else since people film everything these days

http://img-9gag-lol.9cache.com/photo/4803647_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

This match needs to happen;

1621867_562295317226010_1793228150632813717_n.jpg?oh=8494b65b3b8bea0992eb5cf2323ce7b8&oe=54761989&__gda__=1415964864_6240d5766a6ecbd20b43abc86adc8716

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ No way. Even if a match did happen I fear that Ambrose would get squashed or something. He's been Seth Rollins b*tch for the majority of his their feud, imagine what would happen if he stepped in the ring with Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Riddle101 wrote: »
    ^^^ No way. Even if a match did happen I fear that Ambrose would get squashed or something. He's been Seth Rollins b*tch for the majority of his their feud, imagine what would happen if he stepped in the ring with Lesnar.
    Seth Rollins bitch ? What feud have you been watching

ricero wrote: »
    Seth Rollins bitch ? What feud have you been watching

I would say a good portion of the feud has seen Rollins get the best of Ambrose, long with his two(or three) ppv victories. Now I've nothing against Rollins, he's the money in the bank winner of course and they want to build him up too. But Ambrose has always had a problem of being booked as a loser. When he was with the Shield, he was always the one to be booked weaker then the other two and always lost his matches, CM Punk even referenced this once in a promo I think. But he sort of became the jobber in the Shield. Then since his singles run began Rollins has been getting the better of him constantly.

My point is, Ambrose Vs Lesnar might seem like a nice idea on paper, but I have doubts about how Ambrose would be booked. I just think he will end up looking worse if he faces off if he faces Lesnar.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I would say a good portion of the feud has seen Rollins get the best of Ambrose, long with his two(or three) ppv victories. Now I've nothing against Rollins, he's the money in the bank winner of course and they want to build him up too. But Ambrose has always had a problem of being booked as a loser. When he was with the Shield, he was always the one to be booked weaker then the other two and always lost his matches, CM Punk even referenced this once in a promo I think. But he sort of became the jobber in the Shield. Then since his singles run began Rollins has been getting the better of him constantly.

My point is, Ambrose Vs Lesnar might seem like a nice idea on paper, but I have doubts about how Ambrose would be booked. I just think he will end up looking worse if he faces off if he faces Lesnar.

Ambrose has had him beaten every time and only lost due to outside interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ambrose was usually the fall guy in the Shield but his primary role seemed to be soaking up punishment for his less durable teammates, if you think about it they were like the standard RPG 3-man party.

Ambrose was the tank.
    Rollins was the support.
    Reigns was the DPS.

Also consider the difference between actual win/loss ratio and the fans perception of the characters strength. He has a terrible W/L ratio but he's still seen as strong because so many of his losses are either due to interference and cheating by his opponents or him allowing himself to be disqualified by flat out not giving a damn. Sure he's also been booked as having that shoulder injury since the time of the split, which never heals because he doesn't care and keeps putting strain on it, all part and parcel of the character.

If anyone has looked weaker since the split it's Rollins since he's switched to the cowardly heel character when he was the big hero in the Shield, always throwing himself into harms way to save the match. It's a bit jarring at times.

Rollins regularly wins cleanly though against the likes of Ziggler, RVD etc. The fact he has to cheat or rely on help to beat Ambrose is quite telling tbh. It's painfully clear that Ambrose has his number when it's a fair fight. Standard heel tactics really.

All 3 guys have been protected and pushed strongly. None of them have ever really looked bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, the only reason Ambrose has been the one taking losses is because they're giving him a solid, Ricky Morton-style babyface push: he takes a pounding but still looks strong because he comes out swinging, and only ever loses due to cheating. He'll get the big win when this feud is wrapping up. It's old school booking 101.

Him vs Lesnar would be a stretch right now as he'd need something serious to be considered a threat, but that can also be achieved easily enough in a matter of one Raw (like having him beat Rusev or the likes for No 1 contendership). The problem with booking it is you'd only really want to do it if you were having Ambrose be the one to beat him, as his face run is still in its infancy so making him Brock fodder really devalues his potential. Like I said, though, it wouldn't completely shock me if he ended up nicking Roman Reigns' big WrestleMania push if he built up some steam between now and Mania and Reigns' momentum slowed.

Oh, and I said this on Twitter the other day but to get some discussion going: was thinking on Monday, "Why does Rollins have the MITB briefcase if Lesnar has the belt?" in the wake of all the jokes about him not being keen on cashing-in now. And it hit me that it kinda confirms that the current plan is for
    Reigns to win at Mania, which makes sense since the two of them haven't settled their own post-Shield beef.
    So I'm guessing if things go to plan,
    Reigns wins at Mania and Rollins successfully cashes in the following night (possibly after a Brock retaliation mauling) since WWE now realise the strength of doing big angles at the post-Mania Raw.

I think whoever has the case, whether its still Rollins or Ambrose wins it in a stipulation match, will be WWE Champion the night after WM. He may even cash in at Mania itself.

I think it's a virtual certainty.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Ambrose has had him beaten every time and only lost due to outside interference.

Well of course Rollins defeated him using dirty tactics. Standard Heel/Face procedure really. But it's kind've like the original Undertaker/Mankind feud where Mankind was constantly getting the best of Undertaker and even defeated him. Rollins has curb stomped Ambrose's head into the ground so many times now, and has even injured him kayfabe wise with that shoulder injury. But I just think that Ambrose is being used as the fall guy to get Rollins over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i would love a 3 way feud with my the former shield members for the title

sky88 wrote: »
    i would love a 3 way feud with my the former shield members for the title

I reckon it will definitely come to that next year. If Reigns wins the title at Wrestlmania, then Seth Rollins could cash in on Reigns. Ambrose of course could be added to the feud somehow due to his current rivalry with Seth Rollins. My bet would be Summerslam 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Rollins I believe will 100% cash in on Reigns the fact that WWE have alluded to the case never been cashed in at Mania a couple of times on TV ,

You saw what Lesnar did to Cena , They've got to continue with him like that and have run through Cena again and maybe Orton or someone similar you have Reigns win the title and have him almost destroyed by Lesnar but still come out with the title , By having Rollins then come out and cash in successfully over a broken and battered reigns it makes Rollins an Uber Heel instantly , In my opinion anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The thing that worries me about that is if the authority storyline has the longevity to last to 'Mania for the second year in a row? I mean it was wonderful to get behind Bryan. That was an emotional roller coaster 8+ months in the making. I doubt Reigns would garner the sympathy as we had with Bryan.

The general feeling is that Reigns takes the Rumble and goes toe to toe with Lesnar at 'Mania. In the meantime who's getting lesnar? Cena at NOC but after that who's credible enough to give him not only a good match but a convincing one? A squash match main event at these PPVs won't go down too well.

I honestly don't think Brock could make it to 'Mania as champ and still bring in money for the company.

Speaking of Bryan, do you think they could use him to push Reigns. They tried before with the likes of Show. Maybe have Bryan come out to give an update on his condition, Lesnar comes out and attacks and beats down Bryan, as much as Bryan can take then have Reigns come out to help and maybe take the beating instead of Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I like that idea but what motivation would Reigns have to help Bryan , I think the comes dangerously close to force feeding the crowd Reigns i'd keep him away from Bryan for now, I'd also have Lesnar go up against the likes of Orton and maybe Jericho, ITs not as if Lesnar is even going to defend every PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Reigns will never be John Cena mk. II and he's not being pushed that way in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned he's the new Orton, the "other" Guy. Matter of fact, I see the WWE of the future having alot of "other" Guys who'll be seen as legit Main Eventers in their own right. The way I see it, Daniel Bryan is The Guy and furthermore he's The Guy by design. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's been earmarked for the position since the moment he showed up on the very first NXT.

I could go on at length on this but I'll boil it down as best I can. The man was fired for a ludicrous reason only to be "brought back in" by John Cena himself to join Team WWE against the NEXXUS at Summerslam. Fast forward exactly three years to Summerslam 2013 and whilst riding a wave of reverse psychology (a psychology that Vince himself openly referenced during a backstage skit with HHH) he became the first man to beat John Cena clean in the middle for the title in christ knows how long. The night after that Cena intro'd Bryan, finished his promo and handed the mike to Bryan in a move that screamed metaphor. Passing the proverbial torch? Fast forward yet another year to this year's Summerslam and Cena gets Apollo Creed'd by Brock Lesnar, something that would never have happened before that torch had been passed. (Like at Extreme Rules 2012 for example) Brock, who HHH flat out referred to as Ivan Drago during one of their face to face promos. The whole thing feels to me like an old story with a little "Reality Era" magic rubbed on it. A Top Guy who WWE realised couldn't be put there in the same way Cena was put there and so did everything in their power to make Daniel Bryan The Guy that We made, not WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wish WWE were that intelligent, I just don't think they are. The only time I think they were sure he was in-line for a title push for Mania was at the Rumble when they deliberately didn't enter him to wind-up fans. The subsequent reaction told them they were right to do so. The rest is just Bryan having good cop-on and initiative with adding the 'Yes' chants and beard to his already-solid arsenal. Nobody could've predicted the 'Yes' thing would catch on as well as it did (an ironic heel chant getting someone to the main event of the biggest WrestleMania to-date? That's a best case scenario on crack) and he had the ability to back it up when it did. I think WWE expected him to fail or the crowd to drop off, interest-wise, at some stage, although I wouldn't go as far as to say that they wanted as much: if someone there demonstrates beyond doubt that they can make them money, they'll run with that guy no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

I'm of the opinion that WWE is alot more self aware than they would like to let on. Besides, the Yes thing was a Vince idea. At some point early during Bryan's Heel run he basically decreed that from a certain point onwards, Daniel Bryan would celebrate every victory like he'd won the World Title. Can be argued that it's difficult to not get behind someone who shows that kind of enthusiasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The WWE needs to go back to bringing in jobbers and stop showing the same matches week in week out and then expect everyone to watch them compete on PPV's.

I'm not sure Bray Wyatt will ever recover from that RAW tbh.

What must Jericho be thinking?

WWE should chance it's name to WSE.

World Suplexing Entertainment.

That seems to be the best way to beat someone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

CJ Parker's current theme song sounds awfully familiar to another song, i think the song was on one of radio stations in GTA V.

mxph3 wrote: »
    CJ Parker's current theme song sounds awfully familiar to another song, i think the song was on one of radio stations in GTA V.

The real CJ Paker.

giphy.gif

That can't be her. She'd moving too fast

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Smackdown is so skipable these days, even Main Event seems like a bigger deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Main Event is decent show to watch, sometimes you might get a great match every now and again on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I think he's at the point in his career where he doesn't give a **** to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not sure Bray Wyatt will ever recover from that RAW tbh.

its-all-about-the-money-L-dTKi46.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement