Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

The WWE needs to go back to bringing in jobbers and stop showing the same matches week in week out and then expect everyone to watch them compete on PPV's.

I'd hate to see that to be honest. Watching a procession of squash matches does nothing for me personally. They have a big enough roster that they shouldn't have to have so many repeat matches across TV and PPV or across PPVs alone if there was any kinda effort made with the bottom half of the card.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Just a thought from the Hardcore title thread but did anyone ever point out to Shane McMahon how O'Mac makes no sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

The WWE needs to go back to bringing in jobbers and stop showing the same matches week in week out and then expect everyone to watch them compete on PPV's.

They probably should. It would remove the need for stupid screwy finishes and also let them get certaun moves over. Maybe not 3hrs of squashes on Raw but a one or two per show maybe.

I made this suggestion a while ago and someone said they already have job guys in the likes of Ryback, Axel, Slater et al. Another issue is ratings as there would be a fear that the audience would switch off if the finish is a forgone conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The thing with bring back jobbers is they don't have to use them in squash matches I'm sure there are plenty of half decent indy talent out there that could hold there own for a 10/15 minute tv matches.

They may not be good enough for the big time but they get on tv and get some exposure.

This would also lead to these indy guys getting tv exposure and in turn they maybe able to get $20 bucks more a night on the indy scene.

This may help get people off their couches to go see some local wrestling show it's all one big circle and if the WWE get behind it they will be the big winners in the end.

All that I don't see it happening to be honest, It's not about wrestling anymore to the WWE its about tv deals selling the Network selling the app selling whatever Cole, JBL & The King are drinking on a live Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd personally love to see a return of the jobber (or enhancement talents, if we are being P.C). Have fond memories of Hunter Hearst Hemsley & Justin Hawk Bradshaw destroying guys, but they were often 5-6 minute matches too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just a thought from the Hardcore title thread but did anyone ever point out to Shane McMahon how O'Mac makes no sense?

I think it was meant to be Shano Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

All my friends call me Omac based off this name he used way back when. We have the same surname and it's also part of my username. :)

Omackeral wrote: »
    All my friends call me Omac based off this name he used way back when. We have the same surname and it's also part of my username. :)

Something I had always wondered about actually - I just thought maybe you were a fish lover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are you codding me? There's a time and a plaice for fish puns but this isn't it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Are you codding me? There's a time and a plaice for fish puns but this isn't it.

Ok ok - I'll Dolphinitely scale back on the fish puns:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Ah come on - they serve a porpoise!

Random thought......I love Renee Young..........

....on commentary (as well)! Even this week on superstars she referenced the relationship between R-Truth and Fandango (without specifically mentioning Johnny Curtis, it was still a nice touch)

Love Renee. She's awesome in everything she does. Have heard mumbling that others are looking to procure her services too (ESPN maybe... Can't quite recall)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Dolphins are mammals not fish - talk about a red herring!

I think Renee is brutal on commentary as it stands though there's a lot of potential there. On NXT she constantly talks over her fellows, is snide and petty far too often for somebody in a nominal face role and too frequently goes off on irrelevant tangents seemingly just to be the one who is talking. This could all be coached out of her obviously.

I don't doubt she has a strong media career in front of a camera ahead of her (for as long as she's gorgeous anyway) but she hasn't convinced me as a commentator (yet!).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Love Renee. She's awesome in everything she does. Have heard mumbling that others are looking to procure her services too (ESPN maybe... Can't quite recall)

This could be for another thread due to it's unpopularity but despite being attractive, I think she's annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's a small thing, but it's annoying me. If the Bella twins are feuding, then why the heck are they still sharing a twitter account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Angron wrote: »
    It's a small thing, but it's annoying me. If the Bella twins are feuding, then why the heck are they still sharing a twitter account?

Night of Champions: Winner keeps the twitter account

Survivor Series: Nikki face turn and adds Brie back to admin status

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Twitter account on a pole match. Book it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

"I hate you, but damn it, creating a new twitter account is just too damned complicated!"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Angron wrote: »

Maybe they are afraid the social media guy might slag them off like he did Del Rio if they ask for separate accounts.

He can get you sacked quicker than Vince can say "You're Fired".

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Kept thinking to myself, damn that new Wyatt family theme sounds awful familiar. And then I realised...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I prefer the old theme song tbh. The new one feels like one of those things where WWE has lost interest in a wrestler and has decided to give them some crappy new song that makes them come of like jobbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Most under-rated/overlooked segment ever?

Dat passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Roman Reigns does nothing for me at all. Rollins and Ambrose are in another universe compared to him. I've yet to see him do anything good at all.

Roman Reigns does nothing for me at all. Rollins and Ambrose are in another universe compared to him. I've yet to see him do anything good at all.

I'm really not sure he does anything for anyone other than teenage girls.

Maybe I should rephrase that.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I was surprised with him, to me, while in the Shield he was always the standout member , the spear through the barricade, superman punch and that apron drop kick all done with such explosiveness .... I think he at the moment is deserving of his current position....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I do like Reigns, although Ambrose and Rollins clearly far outshine him he has a lot of potential. Thing is he's being pushed as the next big thing and he's nowhere near ready.

I'd be happy to see him gradually develop and not become Cena 2.0 - the problem is that's clearly the direction they're taking him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reigns reminds me of Batista Face version 2.0 rather than Cena 2.0

Ya, Reigns is a strange one for me.

I think he's being forced on fans a little too much by the E at the moment, and this could backfire on them.

He doesn't seem to be all that natural as a face either. I'm sure this will come in time, but I think if he's to win the Rumble and go on to face Bork Laser at Mania, it'll still be 12 months too soon.

Ya, Reigns is a strange one for me.

I think he's being forced on fans a little too much by the E at the moment, and this could backfire on them.

He doesn't seem to be all that natural as a face either. I'm sure this will come in time, but I think if he's to win the Rumble and go on to face Bork Laser at Mania, it'll still be 12 months too soon.

Yeah he is the worst out of the 3 of them and has the personality of a shoe. But he looks good. So Push him.

• Advertisement

Yeah he is the worst out of the 3 of them and has the personality of a shoe. But he looks good. So Push him.

That bastardisation of the Shield's theme he uses hasn't helped either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement