Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CSF wrote: »
    That bastardisation of the Shield's theme he uses hasn't helped either.

And the entrance through the crowd thing too. It's like he's the only one hasn't moved on from the Shield. even his attire is Shield related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That bastardisation of the Shield's theme he uses hasn't helped either.

It's like the old version with a cough, it splutters along but never quite gets going like the old one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yeah the Shield carryovers don't help.

I'd originally hoped that after a while Reigns and Ambrose would team up again on a PPV and come out as the Shield as a special occasion thing to get back at Rollins but that would hardly have any impact if he essentially keeps half the gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Most under-rated/overlooked segment ever?

Dat passion.

Would have been great if he retired with grace after the best send off in company history instead of going on a pathetic nothing run in-ring with TNA and bleeding like a stuck pig. Ric's a legend and all but he tarnished it there in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I think Roman has the presence to make it big time, I mean he definitely stands out as better than the countless others that have been forced upon us over the years.

But they have to be careful with him, and ease off on their plans if the crowds aren't feeling it. Otherwise you'll have a WM moment that won't be accepted by the fans, be pissed on and he'll be ruined forever.

The guy does have the potential to be huge, but they have to see that it's still very much only potential right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's just so bland and dull. I don't really blame him for it either. He's told to go out and do 4 moves and be Superman.

He'd be better off coming out in his NXT attire, simple trunks. He reminded me of the Rock, and that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

A lot of that is down to booking. People loved him around June/July and he's doing the exact same shtick. Not his fault.

leggo wrote: »
    A lot of that is down to booking. People loved him around June/July and he's doing the exact same shtick. Not his fault.

That kind of act gets stale quick as you know.

Booking is the main issue, but surely the wrestler has some input in his own character. Surely a guy can be self aware enough to approach HHH or whoever and say, 'Hey this isn't working, why don't we try this?' or something.

If he does win the Rumble, I really fear he'll get the Batista treatment. I hope not as I like the guy and he's destined for great things.

I'd really rather see him do something with the Rock at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm already ridiculously excited for Dean Ambrose to come back and badly want it to be out of the blue, without any leaks.

I'm already ridiculously excited for Dean Ambrose to come back and badly want it to be out of the blue, without any leaks.

Having him return at NoC(either in a tag match with Reigns) or to make the save seems the best way to go for me.

Or maybe a segment with the Authority circle jerking Rollins and Ambrose comes through the crowd and attacks and lays them all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And just before the run in: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back Dean Ambrose!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Was watching this tag team buried alive match today and thought to myself. Wouldn't it be cool if Dean Ambrose was to do something like Austin did at the end. Where maybe Rollins has attacked someone and an ambulance is being brought in to take him away. Rollins goes to the ambulance as well only for Ambrose to jump out of it and beat Rollins' arse all over the place.

Of course maybe it doesn't have to be an ambulance exactly, they could change it around about. But the gist of it would be Ambrose coming out of nowhere unexpectedly upon his return.

Awh man Ambrose is such a f*ckin boss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No one could be arsed to make a Smackdown thread this week. :P

Kane really should be moved aside.

They have a ready made replacement for the Authority's enforcer(Cesaro) and it'd freshen up a stable that's in danger of going stale.

Hell, debut Steen as their enforcer down the line even.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah Kane really needs to call it a day. He adds nothing to the roster. He is a million miles away from that awesome character that had one of the greatest debuts ever back in the late nineties.

I was a big fan of Kane back in the day so it breaks me heart to have to say I agree about him retiring. Personally I want Kane, Big Show and Mark Henry to retire because they do nothing for me anymore. Then again the latter two have never done anything for me anyway but I would like to see them gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's almost 17 years since Kane's debut. He's been terrible for a very long time. Not all his fault mind you. I think he's kept around because he's good for the carnival freak show "look at the size of him" aspect for house shows and Kevin Dunn can do a fancy entrance at Mania if he wants.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I was a big fan of Kane back in the day so it breaks me heart to have to say I agree about him retiring. Personally I want Kane, Big Show and Mark Henry to retire because they do nothing for me anymore. Then again the latter two have never done anything for me anyway but I would like to see them gone as well.
    Mark Henry is still good, and has good ring music that suits his character.

Mark Henry should have been pushed to the moon after his retirement angle with Cena. Jesus, that was some quality work, better than most of the stuff the WWE have done in a long time.

Mark was brilliant as the monster WHC as well. If he was pushed that way upon his original debut, God knows how big he could have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

It's such a shame Mark Henry came into his own so late in his career. His work from 2010 onwards has been fantastic.

I think one of the biggest shames of the mid 90's WWF was that Vader never got a run with the title.

He should have Brock Lesnar'ed HBK at Summerslam that year, and went on a monster run, laying everyone in his wake. What an awesome sight Vader was, flying off that top rope with Moonsaults!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Heath Slaters "killed by legends" gimmick running up to Raw 1000 was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Heath Slaters "killed by legends" gimmick running up to Raw 1000 was brilliant.

Made even better by flappers crying about Heath Slater being buried.

For Mark Henry, I like him. Of course I really only saw hime from when he came back as the World's Strongest Man. Think one hindrance was he did seem to get injured a lot. And they do keep dropping the ball. He comes in as a pretty believeable dominant force only to be taken down.

As for Kane and Big Show, I agree they need to hang it up.

Kane is pretty much a heel GM now but they keep putting him in the ring as well. As far as I know he's liked and respected in the locker room. I do find it mad that he's 2 years younger than Taker but in much better condition.

For Big Show, I think the thing that has made me fed up with him is simply the multiple heel/face turns.

But the main thing about these guys is that WWE always want big guys, but once they have them they don't know what to do with them or just feed them to the likes of Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Reebrock wrote: »
    Made even better by flappers crying about Heath Slater being buried.

where as it gave him the screen exposure and is why he led 3mb and really brought him on on the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE should pair up Lesnar with Nikki Bella and do a Bella and Lesnar vs. Bella and Cena feud. Total Divas ratings would go through the roof.

WWE should pair up Lesnar with Nikki Bella and do a Bella and Lesnar vs. Bella and Cena feud. Total Divas ratings would go through the roof.

Not sure if serious....

The only interaction Lesnar should have with a Bella twin is F-5ing one.

Sorry but I've never been a fan of Mark Henry. At this stage in his career I just want to see him gone. Focus on building the younger guys, get rid of the dead weight.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Not sure if serious....

The only interaction Lesnar should have with a Bella twin is F-5ing one.

Just waiting for them to come out and say Brock is F-ing Nikki as part of the feud against Cena. Since that storyline went so well with Brie and Claire Lynch. Or maybe Nikki is going to come out and say how she was also involved with Bryan to help her feud with Brie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement