Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sorry but I've never been a fan of Mark Henry. At this stage in his career I just want to see him gone. Focus on building the younger guys, get rid of the dead weight.

There's a lot more dead weight than Henry around, he puts a lot younger than him to shame tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Henry still has so much to offer as long as he stays healthy. I'm SO looking forward to Rusev and Henry. Henry can really bring Rusev to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

My problem with Henry is the dude only came into his own 14 year after being hired by the company, he was average when he started, gone thrown in NOA as filler and then given a comedy gimmick. Came back replacing Rodney Mack, was terrible, his 06 run (think was 06) where he main evented the rumble and got the streak match was also terrible.

His Hall of Pain gimmick was stolen apparently from Brodus Clay who originally suggested it. Yes his retirement angle was awesome and he had some good matches with big show and Bryan, but seriously 14 years fret being hired?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So we are really not committed to having a Smackdown thread then.

Triple H acting like Teddy Long was class.

27EaTzv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Heath Slaters "killed by legends" gimmick running up to Raw 1000 was brilliant.

That reminds me: anytime they have an obvious old school cameo and it turns out to be Sergeant Slaughter, I am pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sorry but I've never been a fan of Mark Henry. At this stage in his career I just want to see him gone. Focus on building the younger guys, get rid of the dead weight.

It just so happens that alot of the younger guys aren't as entertaining as Mark Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There's a lot more dead weight than Henry around, he puts a lot younger than him to shame tbh.

Maybe but Henry is old and he's not likely going to be in the main event again. Other then that, I can't stand him in the ring. Too slow and sluggish for my liking. Same with Big Show and Kane, I watch them in the ring now and it's like I'm watching a match on slow motion. I just can't stand their ring style, and that's the problem because it all Henry is doing now is wrestling.
    CSF wrote: »
    It just so happens that alot of the younger guys aren't as entertaining as Mark Henry

It's a shame the WWE roster today lacks so much depth that even Mark Henry can outshine them. 10 years ago nobody would bat an eyelid to Henry. In fact nobody even cared about Henry until his push in 2011. That's when everyone jumped on the Mark Henry bandwaggon. Now all of a sudden everyone acts like he's the greatest thing since slice bread and that they've been lifelong fans of his.

But for me, Henry should still retire. WWE is done with him, and it looks like his run on top is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Maybe but Henry is old and he's not likely going to be in the main event again. Other then that, I can't stand him in the ring. Too slow and sluggish for my liking. Same with Big Show and Kane, I watch them in the ring now and it's like I'm watching a match on slow motion. I just can't stand their ring style, and that's the problem because it all Henry is doing now is wrestling.

It's a shame the WWE roster today lacks so much depth that even Mark Henry can outshine them. 10 years ago nobody would bat an eyelid to Henry. In fact nobody even cared about Henry until his push in 2011. That's when everyone jumped on the Mark Henry bandwaggon. Now all of a sudden everyone acts like he's the greatest thing since slice bread and that they've been lifelong fans of his.

But for me, Henry should still retire. WWE is done with him, and it looks like his run on top is over.

Totally agree, he's a waste of space, always has been. He's nearly a 20 year veteran at this point, that's crazy, I genuinely can't think of a match of his I'd watch again.

I wasn't watching wrestling between approx 2002 and approx 2012. Everything he has done in the 2/3 years since I've come back to watching wrestling has impressed me very much. Should I be worried that he wasn't that good beforehand?

I wasn't watching wrestling between approx 2002 and approx 2012. Everything he has done in the 2/3 years since I've come back to watching wrestling has impressed me very much. Should I be worried that he wasn't that good beforehand?

Each to their own I guess. Like I said before, personally I want to see him retire along with Kane and Big Show because they do nothing for me. But I know Henry has his fanbase so not everyone would agree with me. Then again Kane has a fanbase too so I guess not everyone would agree about the idea of Kane retiring. Especially since some people seem to enjoy corporate Kane.

• Advertisement

Each to their own I guess. Like I said before, personally I want to see him retire along with Kane and Big Show because they do nothing for me. But I know Henry has his fanbase so not everyone would agree with me. Then again Kane has a fanbase too so I guess not everyone would agree about the idea of Kane retiring. Especially since some people seem to enjoy corporate Kane.

I haven't heard from anyone who enjoys the work of Kane for a long long time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

*raises hand*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Wasn't paying attention but JBL just mentioned Isaac Asimov in commentary on Smackdown.Dafuq?

Generally it's just the Kane marks. Not particularly on this forum though. Although who know really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I enjoyed his time with Bryan, there was just something wonderful about both guys taking something that shouldn't have worked and honestly? Reignited the tag team division.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

There was something very charming and fun about them.

kane_and_daniel_bryan_chibi_wallpaper_by_kapaeme-d5gy1xf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I still don't mind Kane. Not a mark for the guy, not even a particularly big fan but I don't have the same gnashing of teeth reaction to his appearance on screen that a lot of people here do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Kane is very bland ATM but I would agree his tag run with Bryan was great fun. It was stupid, but in a charming way that was actually funny as opposed to all the other stupid stuff we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Him and DB just had that chemistry almost instantly. He does the comedy stuff well too. Gave Kane something to do, and it gave DB more character and personality.

He should have retired when they were done imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I wish you could get WWE shirts without the stupid quotes on the back.

Example: Cesaro's Swiss cross tee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Abyss not heading to the WWE will never been as a big deal but I think of all the "TNA Guys" that never jumped ship, he is one I think could have had the greatest of careers in the WWE.

^^^ I would say Robert Roode and James Storm could have had interesting careers in WWE. First as a tag team because they had great chemistry and tag psychology. Then as singles competitors, both men were capable of carrying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Abyss not heading to the WWE will never been as a big deal but I think of all the "TNA Guys" that never jumped ship, he is one I think could have had the greatest of careers in the WWE.

Maybe in the late 90's but not today. Would WWE have even been interested if he wanted to jump?

Be funny if the bunny was Ambrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When he hit the splash, I thought RVD since he held his stomach afterward, though not selling as much as RVD.

Speaking of Ambrose, is he scheduled for NoC yet?

Dean Ambrose is now confirmed by WWE for the September 22nd WWE RAW from Memphis, TN. This is the night after the Night of Champions pay-per-view. There was some speculation that Ambrose may appear at Night of Champions as he will be done filming WWE Studios' Lockdown that weekend. Ambrose was previously being advertised by the Bridgestone Arena, the site of Night of Champions, but he is no longer listed.

Was hoping he'd be at NoC. Maybe a surprise appearance to save Reigns from another beat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who does that leave Rollins?

Reigns vs the Authority 3 v 1 maybe?

Throw in Jericho to the mix i'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who does that leave Rollins?

Reigns vs Rollins
    Orton vs Jericho

Is the rumoured NoC pairings.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Reigns vs Rollins
    Orton vs Jericho

Is the rumoured NoC pairings.

Seems a bit odd. Reigns has been feuding with Orton, I would have thought Reign and Orton would have a rematch at NOC, preferably with Orton getting a dirty victory at the end. Jericho and Rollins seems like the more logical choice since Jericho and Rollins could have a great match, but also because Jericho can do the job and put Rollins over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement