Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So it's a bit over a year on now, and Bray Wyatt hasn't successfully recruited/brainwashed anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    So it's a bit over a year on now, and Bray Wyatt hasn't successfully recruited/brainwashed anyone....

While James Storm has done two in two months :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You could argue he won the crowd over with the cellphone entrance.

Loughc wrote: »
    You could argue he won the crowd over with the cellphone entrance.
    Could you really...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

WWE has no idea what to do with Bray. It's one of the reasons why I think Russo could be brought back to the creative team. Not as head writer, but someone who can pitch idea and help the creative team come up with ways to book WWE etc.

Now I know Russo gets a bit of slack, but I fully believe if his ideas were filtered in WWE, they could have something good with Russo. But I think guys like Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose need guys like Russo on the team, because Russo seems to understand the psychology around those characters, and I say give him a chance and see what could happen. The truth is, WWE don't seem to understand him and know what to do with him. But there are other wrestlers on the roster who have no direction right now, and that's part of the problem with WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I think guys like Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose need guys like Russo on the team

Bray? Maybe.

Ambrose? Nope.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

I've thought about it for a long time and the more I thi k of when and how the cena hell turn happens I personally feel the best way to do it would be a double cross at ppv against a heyman guy and Paul turns on his client whoever it may be I still think it's 2-3 years away but it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Yesterday, at work, I sold a WWE poster to a woman with her small son. It appeared to be some sort of incentive to help him with settling in at school (thought that's irrelevant to the rest of my tale). I enquired of the child as to whom his favourite wrestler was.

He considered this (at some length),

"The Undertaker," he replied.

"Oh right," I responded, "CM Punk was my favourite."

He took this revelation with studied indifference and slight bemusement, an expression similar to the one I think I'd wear if somebody told me that their all time favourite was Jim Neidhart or Tatanka.

"I thought Roman Reigns was your favourite?" his mother interjected. He gave her a deeply pitying look (no mean feat for a child of 4 or 5) and said, slowly and patiently in a tone that suggested he was explaining something of startling obviousness,

"No. He lost."

They left before I could ask his thoughts on Lesnar ending The Streak but it was an interesting exchange (far more so than the guy in the Punk t-shirt last week who assured me that a Punk/Lesnar/Sting stable was in the works) and I found it interesting that here was somebody in the Reigns target demographic who had rejected him already.

colmufc wrote: »
    I've thought about it for a long time and the more I thi k of when and how the cena hell turn happens I personally feel the best way to do it would be a double cross at ppv against a heyman guy and Paul turns on his client whoever it may be I still think it's 2-3 years away but it will happen
    Cena is never turning heel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

As much as I want Cesaro to win at NoC, winning the US title may mire him in the mid card for even longer.

He's just in a really crap spot right now. :(

• Advertisement

Cena is never turning heel

it will happen not for a long time yet but if rumbleling of cena wanting to do more action movies are true then we may just see less and less of him (yay) but it will happen , he just needs someone as big as him first to turn on , maybe roman reigns in time but whoever it is it will happen

He's never turning heel until someone else comes along that can draw like he can.

it will happen not for a long time yet but if rumbleling of cena wanting to do more action movies are true then we may just see less and less of him (yay) but it will happen , he just needs someone as big as him first to turn on , maybe roman reigns in time but whoever it is it will happen
    Never. Nobody will ever be able to make the charity impact that he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder if Triple H, Austin, Rock ,Taker , Angle all these guys would have been able to shoulder the WWE on there own like Cena has, I know they all had moments when they were the absolute top in the business but there was always 2 or 3 who could take that up if one got an injury or wanted to change it up character wise

Never. Nobody will ever be able to make the charity impact that he does.

it will happen it always happens its just a matter of when , pretty soon he will be a part timer at best he has 3 movies in the works 1 of which could be a big deal and another which could cement him as the next big action star it could be 5 years away but he will walk away sooner rather than later when his body catches up with him

it will happen it always happens its just a matter of when , pretty soon he will be a part timer at best he has 3 movies in the works 1 of which could be a big deal and another which could cement him as the next big action star it could be 5 years away but he will walk away sooner rather than later when his body catches up with him
    Genuinely don't think it will happen. He is too commercially viable as a face.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really like the The Vaudevillains gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Matt Hardy thinks Tajiri weighs too much to be a cruiserweight.

What's your favourite mattitude fact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

An Evolution/DX merger (possibly called D-Evolution X) would have been pretty cool (had WWE kept the Evolution storyline going well into 2006 and if Road Dogg and Billy Gunn had been available around that time)

The Mean Street Posse were actually badass.

Steve Blackman doesn't get the recognition by WWE that he deserves.

Maven had potential but WWE dropped the ball with him big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

An Evolution/DX merger (possibly called D-Evolution X) would have been pretty cool (had WWE kept the Evolution storyline going well into 2006 and if Road Dogg and Billy Gunn had been available around that time)

Meh, I'm pretty much done with the whole nostalgic thing now. Plus I don't think an Evolution/DX merger would have made much sense. I mean what exactly would be the reason for such a thing?
    The Mean Street Posse were actually badass.

Thought they were forgettable myself. But I suppose they had their uses.I would still consider them one of the most forgettable stable of all time though.
    Steve Blackman doesn't get the recognition by WWE that he deserves.

I would say Big Bossman and Ken Shamrock don't get the recognition they deserve as well.
    Maven had potential but WWE dropped the ball with him big time.

I don't know, I thought he was rather generic tbh. He looks like the default model for a CAW in the WWE Smackdown games. Maybe if he had stayed with WWE, we might have seen more growth from him. But I didn't see much in him other then a mid-card talent. I also don't think WWE dropped the ball, they actually gave him the ball and let him have a chance working in a high profile match at Survivor Series 2004, but I don't think he made much of an impression in his early years with WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Maven's theme song was awesome though.

I can't believe anyone thought Maven was good. There is a reason he has done next to nothing since WWE released him.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Meh, I'm pretty much done with the whole nostalgic thing now. Plus I don't think an Evolution/DX merger would have made much sense. I mean what exactly would be the reason for such a thing?

I was thinking of HBK, Road Dogg and Mr. Ass joining Evolution as a sort of example of "yesterday's Evolution" if you get what I mean as HHH and HBK were already established stars when the New Age Outlaws arrived on the scene. They wouldn't exactly be acknowledged as DX and would be more mature compared to their DX gimmick. I'm sure WWE could have made it work out somehow if they managed to keep the NWO going for a while without Hulk Hogan.

Thought they were forgettable myself. But I suppose they had their uses.I would still consider them one of the most forgettable stable of all time though.

They were never going to make it big anyhow and were indeed forgettable but they had the chemistry that a lot of the stables around at the time were missing.
    I would say Big Bossman and Ken Shamrock don't get the recognition they deserve as well.

Bossman and Shamrock were underrated but they got their fair share of attention throughout 1999 with the Corporate Ministry/Union feud.
    I don't know, I thought he was rather generic tbh. He looks like the default model for a CAW in the WWE Smackdown games. Maybe if he had stayed with WWE, we might have seen more growth from him. But I didn't see much in him other then a mid-card talent. I also don't think WWE dropped the ball, they actually gave him the ball and let him have a chance working in a high profile match at Survivor Series 2004, but I don't think he made much of an impression in his early years with WWE.

It was pointless having him eliminate Taker from the 2002 Royal Rumble if they were just going to confine him to the lower card from then onwards. Yes, Maven was partly to blame as he couldn't work an uppercard match but that's probably because he had been spent too much time working with other lower carders. But who knows, maybe the WWE creative team was high on him at some point but changed their minds (which creative is well-known for)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone thought Maven was good. There is a reason he has done next to nothing since WWE released him.

0.jpg

Is their any WWE or even TNA wrestler not on Twitter? I don't think Undertaker is, but otherwise everyone seems to be. Wonder if its a requirement as I doubt someone like Brock Lesnar would be interested otherwise.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is their any WWE or even TNA wrestler not on Twitter? I don't think Undertaker is, but otherwise everyone seems to be. Wonder if its a requirement as I doubt someone like Brock Lesnar would be interested otherwise.

I think Dean Ambrose was required to have one (or maybe it was just peer pressure) but he never used it the last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I respect guys who take the view that they like their character to be something you can only access on TV, I think Sheamus used to have the same policy. Often social media can ruin the magic when in untrained hands (Heyman is a good example of the opposite).

Take Sheamus after he got Twitter for example: as easy as it is for him to generate stories on the likes of JOE.ie now for just mentioning something Irish, seeing him do so feels a bit like him being a sellout and trying to garner that kind of attention. I don't blame him for that, it's what WWE want from him and he's being a good pro in doing so, I just think it harms fans buying into him as a true star to be seen as somewhat of a shill. Not even John Cena did that kind of stuff until he'd truly established himself as 'JOHN CENA'.

Personally I love the fact Ambrose keeps such a low profile. It adds to the mystique of his character and long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I guess this is the right thread as it's a random thought which has arisen whilst watching Oscar winning Universal Soldier 2 on 3E, but..any chance Goldberg will end up back in WWE at some stage, even just for a one off? He's probably the biggest name aside from Sting that they haven't utilised.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    any chance Goldberg will end up back in WWE at some stage, even just for a one off?

Not unless his ego shrinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement