Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was gonna post this in the Q and A thread but it's more suited to here. What do you lads think is the perfect amount of time for a stable to stay together? The likes of the nWo ran it into the ground whereas the Radicalz were only properly together a couple of months. I think somewhere between 18 months and just over 2 years is a nice time like The Shield and The Nation. Your thoughts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hope everyone has seen this match. Absolutely fantastic TV match.

Drew is in/around the EC3 tier of massive modern WWE dropped balls.

I understand putting Drew in the doghouse for his domestic for a lengthy period but they should have told him he had served his time and repushed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Chris Masters himself was a dropped ball also, especially around the time of that video. He was pushed strong when he was green and ****, then he gets good and they don't do anything with him. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

100% in agreement with you here Rovert. I thought Drew had it all, and looked forward to him being a main eventer. He had a bonafide mean streak, looked good, could talk and had AWESOME entrance music!

He was on Jericho's podcast there recently enough, and spoke at length about how he seen his release as an opportunity (although it was disappointing, and he didn't see it coming). Jericho said that sometimes WWE will do this, just to see how a wrestler will react and how the progress from there.

His release could be the making of him. WWE could bring him back in a year or two, give him a monster push as a mean bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If TNA hadn't built up such a negative name for themselves over the years, the past few months would have been very interesting. TNA has been pretty great for a while now while Raw has been awful 9 times out of 10.

Without that reputation, I think they could have taken huge steps towards catching up with WWE recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jericho said that sometimes WWE will do this, just to see how a wrestler will react and how the progress from there.

His release could be the making of him. WWE could bring him back in a year or two, give him a monster push as a mean bastard

I wouldn’t be too sure of this. Excluding real legends, you can probably count on one hand the amount guys that got a second chance. Anyone compile a definitive list of guys without hype that got the boot and made a return afresh?

I suppose Tensai would be your benchmark for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Would Daniel Bryan count?

Edit: I was going to say Jeff Hardy, but you mean someone who hadn't really made a name for themselves in the first place, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Rey Mysterios - Kids love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Reading FSM it says the only character brought back that was released between 09-13 was goldust.

Out of recent memory (past 10 years) I can recall Bryan, umaga, masters, Pulumbo, test, lance Cade , Tensai and Justin credible , nunzio and tommy dreamer with the ECW reprise

I'd feel bad for some who never got a second chance like Mike Awesome, Paul Burchill, Johnny Stamboli, Sean OHaire, Jindrak, Cobana, guys who were real eased due I creative having nothing for them not their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

D-Lo made a return as well in recent years. Did nothing of note. Bit weird in hindsight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185103/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The Mix has appeared on more episodes of Raw than Stone Cold and the Rock combined.

Is that accurate? It has Kurt Angle down as appearing on only 58 episodes. Luke Harper is up to 51...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Deadlie wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185103/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The Mix has appeared on more episodes of Raw than Stone Cold and the Rock combined.

Can't be accurate. 125 for Austin? No chance... He was on RAW every week in 1998, most of 1997, most of 1996 and the first half of 1999 before most of 2001, so much in 2003 as the GM. Far more than 125.

The absolute must watch episode of ROH TV is up featuring Kyle O'Reilly vs AJ Styles and The Briscoes vs Young Bucks
    http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Some fierce hyperbole floating around online for it so I won't engage in it but it is something any Wrestling fan will enjoy.

rovert wrote: »
    The absolute must watch episode of ROH TV is up featuring Kyle O'Reilly vs AJ Styles and The Briscoes vs Young Bucks
    http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Some fierce hyperbole floating around online for it so I won't engage in it but it is something any Wrestling fan will enjoy.

Again lads take advantage of this some time this weekend:
    BleakCraftyFlyingsquirrel.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Styles-O'Reilly match was entertaining. I haven't watched non-Fed wrestling in about two years, so I've never seen Kyle O'Reilly wrestle before. Was seriously impressed with him in this match, the whole legit fighter thing put me in mind of Ken Shamrock. Obviously the exchange above was fantastic, but I particularly loved
    the counter of the choke-hold into the Styles Clash

The Briscoes-Bucks match didn't do much for me, but I may have been a bit burnt out after watching the Styles-O'Reilly match. Plus I think I'm a bit weird when it come to the Bucks in general. Their matches always remind me of a couple of guys showing off on a diving board. Also, I have no time for Jay Briscoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Clemantis wrote: »
    Plus I think I'm a bit weird when it come to the Bucks in general. Their matches always remind me of a couple of guys showing off on a diving board.
    You're missing out so by far the best tag team in the world at the moment they've had multiple motyc's in ROH and others US indies not to mention their New Japan work especially this great match [url] http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zzaxl_time-splitters-alex-shelley-kushida-vs-the-young-bucks-njpw-dominion-6-21-2014_sport[/url] they're much more then "spot monkeys" now.

Young Bucks are by far and away the best and most consistently entertaining team in wrestling today. It's embarrassing that TNA couldn't find anything for them after the feud with the Machine Guns.

ROH TV is a weird one. One week it will be brilliant like this week, then the next it will be as boring as hell and a chore to watch. Luckily they can usually be viewed as standalone episodes for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    You're missing out so by far the best tag team in the world at the moment they've had multiple motyc's in ROH and others US indies not to mention their New Japan work especially this great match [url] http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zzaxl_time-splitters-alex-shelley-kushida-vs-the-young-bucks-njpw-dominion-6-21-2014_sport[/url] they're much more then "spot monkeys" now.
    Clearly I have been missing out, that match was class.

I read the TNA spoilers up until late November and my head just exploded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Was just thinking there that the video of a drugged up Jeff Hardy in a diner going off on CM Punk is the best promo he's ever done. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A thought ....With the NXT Generation imminent soon , Where will this leave the likes of Kofi, Miz, Sandow , Barrett and a host of others i mean something will have to give if all these guys are going to be coming up to the roster fairly soon or in the near future at least

My answer would be I'd love to see a proper Brand split again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think it's more likely a few will be wished the best in their future endevours.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A thought ....With the NXT Generation imminent soon , Where will this leave the likes of Kofi, Miz, Sandow , Barrett and a host of others i mean something will have to give if all these guys are going to be coming up to the roster fairly soon or in the near future at least

Kofi will be kept becasue he is a spot machine.

Miz will be kept because of the films.

Sandow will probably be gone.

Barrett as long as there is no other English wrestler there will be kept but if Neville comes in and if he hits I fear for Barrett because of his injury history.

Rybaxel could be chopped too

With news that Reigns could be out for 4-6 weeks minimum (possibly 8-10), you've got to look at the current roster and notice the lack of top faces.

With Punk gone, Bryan hurt, and now Reigns hurt, you've got Cena, and then.....Henry? I say he's second off the back of the closing angle on Raw. Ambrose could benefit hugely if he's due back, though.

But any chance, no matter how remote, of a Cena turn tomorrow night has to be gone utterly....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ambrose is going to be given that ball surely.

And boy will he run with it.

I genuinely think Brock vs Ambrose could be utterly fantastic. A story of Brock and Heyman not knowing how to deal with a lunatic would be brilliant, and a spirited loss to Brock could still cement him as a top guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah would be funny seeing Heyman try to play mind games on Ambrose

• Advertisement

NXT doesn't have a great hit rate to date. The current NXT guys could just as easily be sent back to development or released altogether. Ability has little to do with it as Cesaro has shown. He ticks all the boxes and has proven he can get over but gets next to nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement