Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,170 ✭✭✭✭CSF

While it could be cool to see them together I don't see how that would make any sense.

Ambrose doesn't ask for help.

He was in the Shield. Clearly has no problem being one part of a unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Too bad Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley was already in a stable called Kamikaze USA. It was a good name for a stable. But if the the stable above ever happened it would have been cool to see it named Kamikaze USA as well.

Saying that, what other names could you use for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Too bad Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley was already in a stable called Kamikaze USA. It was a good name for a stable. But if the the stable above ever happened it would have been cool to see it named Kamikaze USA as well.

Saying that, what other names could you use for it?

The Street Dogs? A nod to both his old nickname and the Shield's Hounds of Justice tag as well as his current street clothes wearing gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Street Dogs? A nod to both his old nickname and the Shield's Hounds of Justice tag as well as his current street clothes wearing gimmick.

I'd say The Anarchists would be a more fitting name. I also think you could easily add Reigns and Bryan to that group when they come back from injury as they have real gripes with The Authority. The Authority vs The Anarchists, just sounds awesome!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I'd say The Anarchists would be a more fitting name. I also think you could easily add Reigns and Bryan to that group when they come back from injury as they have real gripes with The Authority. The Authority vs The Anarchists, just sounds awesome!
    Having 3 of your 4 main faces in the same stable ain't such a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

After the split he and Reigns were supposedly still buds but did he call the cavalry even once?

Nope.

Infact the glaring lack of said cavalry (requested or otherwise) had me expecting a Reigns promo at some point to explain that Dean insisted to be left to his own business because he doesn't want help or some such.
    CSF wrote: »
    He was in the Shield. Clearly has no problem being one part of a unit.

I don't recall saying he wouldn't be part of a team. :confused:

Having 3 of your 4 main faces in the same stable ain't such a good idea
    I don't see why not really, not if they are clashing against The Authority who have the 2 biggest heels in the company at the moment

I don't recall saying he wouldn't be part of a team. :confused:

Part of being in a team is looking for help from your teammates.

I don't see why not really, not if they are clashing against The Authority who have the 2 biggest heels in the company at the moment

Rollins is the biggest heel, Orton isn't big at all now. Lesnar and Rusev both seem a lot more relevant for future feuds than him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

HOT TAKE: Not only looking at WWE TV but the Live Events line ups man WWE is so flat these days. I couldn't put together a sexy match card for a Wrestlemania type show if I tried. Lots of fresh matches have been thrown away and nothing out of side Cena really matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Rollins is the biggest heel, Orton isn't big at all now. Lesnar and Rusev both seem a lot more relevant for future feuds than him.

Well you could consider Seth Rollins and Randy Orton as the biggest heel, but you could also add Triple H and Stephanie in the group as the biggest heels too. So when you think about it, you have 4 of the company's biggest heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd love to see Rollins come off the top of the cell, or some other crazy spot.

HIAC is so watered down now. Hopefully they go with Ambrose/Rollins and they're allowed go all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd love to see Rollins come off the top of the cell, or some other crazy spot.

HIAC is so watered down now. Hopefully they go with Ambrose/Rollins and they're allowed go all out.

The cage they use today is much taller than the one Foley and later Rikishi came off. They would need a giant crash pad to land on.

Ageyev wrote: »
    The cage they use today is much taller than the one Foley and later Rikishi came off. They would need a giant crash pad to land on.

Heights never bothered Shane O'Mac :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Heights never bothered Shane O'Mac :pac:

He land on crash pads. They could add a raised rampway and do the bump that Kanyon took in the WCW triple cage in 2000

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Well you could consider Seth Rollins and Randy Orton as the biggest heel, but you could also add Triple H and Stephanie in the group as the biggest heels too. So when you think about it, you have 4 of the company's biggest heels.
    I was actually talking about Trips and Rollins as being the two biggest heels. Forgot about Stephanie but you can really only have women hitting women in the PG product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Papa Shango was an awesome gimmick and it died out before his run was truly over. If done correctly the gimmick would still be over today. Charles did find dither success but god damn it I lived that gimmick and his theme song in the sega mega drive used to freak the **** outta me.

Why did they discontinue him so quickly? Undertaker had an aura if supernatural about him so why was a voodoo master deemed to silly.

Was hoping that they had an appearance from Papa at mania this year with the whole New Orleans voodoo connection.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Papa Shango was an awesome gimmick and it died out before his run was truly over. If done correctly the gimmick would still be over today. Charles did find dither success but god damn it I lived that gimmick and his theme song in the sega mega drive used to freak the **** outta me.

Why did they discontinue him so quickly? Undertaker had an aura if supernatural about him so why was a voodoo master deemed to silly.

Was hoping that they had an appearance from Papa at mania this year with the whole New Orleans voodoo connection.

They did do it right it was called the Boogeyman. :p

It was dropped as the Papa Shango-Ultimate Warrior feud DIED on every level. The skits were too campy, the matches were terrible and box office takings for the live events it headlined drew extremely poorly.

The Summer of 1992 is a really interesting thing to analyse as business dropped off more or less overnight. You had the ongoing steroid and sex scandals, Hogan leaving etc. In terms of house show attendances people point to a heel Flair chasing babyface Champion Randy Savage for the main event feud as a huge mistake.

Wrestlemania 8 was this:

WMania8012_vtrix.jpg

While Wrestlemania 9 was ran in a tennis court.

Even so the Warrior-Shango feud was super outlandish. I know of a lot of prominent Wrestling figures/fan who quit watching after the vomiting skit. It provided this impetus to watch and find other Wrestling luckily Japanese and Mexican Wrestling was really starting to explode right at that time.

Was there talk of Wright doing the Papa Shango gimmick again in either 95 or 97 but instead came back either the Supreme Fighting Machine or else Kama Mustafa/Godfather. Can't recall which year or gimmick though.

• Advertisement

Was there talk of Wright doing the Papa Shango gimmick again in either 95 or 97 but instead came back either the Supreme Fighting Machine or else Kama Mustafa/Godfather. Can't recall which year or gimmick though.

This is on Wikipedia thankfully so I won't sound like yer mate making something up in Primary School:
    During the autumn of 1994, there were rumors that the Papa Shango character would be brought back to participate in a storyline involving Bob Backlund, wherein Shango's voodoo spells would explain the traditionally good-natured Backlund's erratic and villainous behavior. This didn't come to fruition.

The version I heard is that the Shango thing got scrapped as the AUTUMN OF BACKLUND got so hot they decided that Bob would be a good way to transition the title from Bret to Diesel. Initially the Backlund thing was going to a lower card storyline. Just Backlund was so good at playing crazy well because he is crazy!

rovert wrote: »
    Wrestlemania 8 was this:

WMania8012_vtrix.jpg

While Wrestlemania 9 was ran in a tennis court.

Even so the Warrior-Shango feud was super outlandish. I know of a lot of prominent Wrestling figures/fan who quit watching after the vomiting skit. It provided this impetus to watch and find other Wrestling luckily Japanese and Mexican Wrestling was really starting to explode right at that time.

That is actually a great point, I remember mania 8 , but it never really clicked as to why mania 9 was so small in scale. I suppose they were in a transition period, piper, Sid, warrior, flair, macho man all gone and the new blood bret, Yoko, taker with obviously hogan there to left to pick up the pieces. Business was down.

Did Wrestlemania 22 suffer the same, I don't recall it being said that their was a massive slump in the business at the time, Cena , HHH, Taker, Orton, Angle, Mysterio all established draws by then. Why was the crowd so minuscule compared to other manias?

Not to sure but every Wrestlemania after that was in a Stadium rather than an arena. Wrestlemania will always draw and sell out on its name alone I'd wager. If they had have went with a bigger location in 2006, I'm sure it would have sold out too.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Did Wrestlemania 22 suffer the same, I don't recall it being said that their was a massive slump in the business at the time, Cena , HHH, Taker, Orton, Angle, Mysterio all established draws by then. Why was the crowd so minuscule compared to other manias?

Wrestlemania 21 did very poor on PPV. WWE blamed Seattle as it wasn't a major media market. The Wrestling media blamed the poor choice of building the TV leading up to WM21 around Vince vs Hogan. Not sure why they didn't do a stadium to be honest but the failure of 21 is why choose Chicago.

Wrestlemania 21 did very poor on PPV. WWE blamed Seattle as it wasn't a major media market. The Wrestling media blamed the poor choice of building the TV leading up to WM21 around Vince vs Hogan. Not sure why they didn't do a stadium to be honest but the failure of 21 is why choose Chicago.

21 was Wrestlemania goes Hollywood. Can't get a bigger media market than that! Seattle was 19 brah.

Can't count

Can't count

I thought that to, but your knowledge of wrestling is scary and I was afraid I missed something with Hogan and Vince as Hogan was on the show, just wanna say anything for dear of being schooled

This forum isn't really like that at all IMO. While people on here do have good debates, ya never really get any bitching or winding up or slagging. That's why I like coming here, just a general good vibe.

Yup I love this place, we're all kind of chilled out and cool.

Even gnfnrhead has his charm.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

This forum isn't really like that at all IMO. While people on here do have good debates, ya never really get any bitching or winding up or slagging. That's why I like coming here, just a general good vibe.

Ah yeah I know that, I've been posting a bit more lately, but have been noticing Roverts post a lot, an his knowledge of the industry is crazy. I mean I believe I know WWE quite well but fcuk me his knowledge is scary, in a good way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement