Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching the Big Show on the Network when he worked as The Giant its so easy to forget how good he was for being so green.

The was amazing to be honest a bump machine and amazing how many times he left his feet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bryan is missed an awful lot and a heel Punk is what WWE needs right now.

But for longer term it has to be good they are not there, Rollins and especially Ambrose might be lost if WWE had more established options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

DM_7 wrote: »
    Bryan is missed an awful lot and a heel Punk is what WWE needs right now.

But for longer term it has to be good they are not there, Rollins and especially Ambrose might be lost if WWE had more established options.

I don't think Punk is missed at all tbh.

Bryan certainly is though. Who knows where Barrett could have gone too, he was hot right when he got hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Moneymaker wrote: »

Bryan certainly is though. Who knows where Barrett could have gone too, he was hot right when he got hurt.
    Barrett is coming back soon though. Can easily see him replacing Orton as the number 2 heel if the Orton face turn is happening.

Barrett is missed but i think he was going to get popular so would be in Cesaro land, stripped of everything that made him start to get people interested in him.

Its what happened to Cesaro where they have a serious lack of heels for popular stars to go against that makes me thing Punk had huge value as a heel. Punk against Cesaro when he was getting popular, against Ambrose, Reigns etc would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If Lashley and MVP become available anytime soon WWE should sign both, push Lashley hard like TNA have in the last few months and do a match vs. Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nah Punk is a top guy and with Bryan injured, they don't have many of those.

Beating him would mean more than beating anyone bar Cena if done right and he was always someone you could build your top angles around, Cena deserves his spot, but he really has felt over exposed since Bryan went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If Lashley and MVP become available anytime soon WWE should sign both, push Lashley hard like TNA have in the last few months and do a match vs. Lesnar.

I dunno...I like Lashley and MVP in TNA but, like Bully Ray, I think they benefit there from their lack of credible main event stars*. In WWE, Vince can be quite temperamental with guys and lose interest easily (and can afford to when he's spoiled for choice...current main event situation notwithstanding...), so I could see him struggling with these guys for lack of charisma (Lashley), lack of grabability, i.e. the ability to grab eyeballs immediately (MVP) and lack of physique (Bubba - though he's in much better shape than I've ever seen him these days). TNA have had to make them work and they've been better for it. They're the rare examples of guys who I'd rather see as big fish in a small pond.

*I know Bully is gone but it's a good example all the same.

I just want a Lashley/Lesnar match really.

Anybody watch the first episode of Lucha Underground? It's really overproduced so it's kind of weird to watch and a lot of the character set up stuff was very goofy. Plus heel owner with a stable is a major turn off. Ricochet vs. Morrison was a lot of fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anybody watch the first episode of Lucha Underground? It's really overproduced so it's kind of weird to watch and a lot of the character set up stuff was very goofy. Plus heel owner with a stable is a major turn off. Ricochet vs. Morrison was a lot of fun though.

Someone called it Wrestling Society Mex! Yeah it was a mixed bag. Like how it was shot but the constant camera cuts, cutting towards the commentary table a lot and aspects of the commentary should be revised.

Interested to see how it evolves. Future episodes have more Luchadores and Alberto Del Rio says he is joining next year. In time Rey Mysterio could be on the show too.

rovert wrote: »
    Interested to see how it evolves. Future episodes have more Luchadores and Alberto Del Rio says he is joining next year. In time Rey Mysterio could be on the show too.

If it lasts that long. Wednesday night was an awful night to debut. I know they couldn't have predicted the World Series going seven games but that likely hit them pretty hard ratings wise.

If it lasts that long. Wednesday night was an awful night to debut. I know they couldn't have predicted the World Series going seven games but that likely hit them pretty hard ratings wise.

I believe it is a passion project of the owners of the Network. They seem to be committed long run. But we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wouldn't mind Lashley having another run with WWE, but MVP? No thanks. They dropped the ball with him a long time ago and I have no interest in seeing him in WWE again. He's not worth it tbh.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Lashley having another run with WWE, but MVP? No thanks. They dropped the ball with him a long time ago and I have no interest in seeing him in WWE again. He's not worth it tbh.

Solely as Lashley's mouthpiece and hype guy he'd be more than worth it.

na_wrestlemania_402_bw_2A_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96aad7c4082bf6ded075dc

What happened that Lashley left to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hated Black Lesnar's WWE run. He looked phoney as hell, and with his big baby's head on him, wasn't believable as a tough guy at all. Can't see WWE running to being him back in after the craic with Krystal Marshall.

MVP on the other hand, I'd love to see back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I just want him to come back so he can call Brock a bathturd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I hated Black Lesnar's WWE run.
    If Lashley had debuted before Brock, would you be calling Lesnar, "White Lashley"? Somehow, I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

What was Brock Lesnar like as a MMA fighter? Was he good or bad?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    na_wrestlemania_402_bw_2A_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96aad7c4082bf6ded075dc

What happened that Lashley left to start with?

IIRC, he was dating Krystal who claimed racial abuse/inequality and they quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mxph3 wrote: »
    What was Brock Lesnar like as a MMA fighter? Was he good or bad?

Brock has an MMA record of 5 Wins and 3 Losses. Of his wins, 2 were by Knockout, 2 were by Submission and 1 was by Decision. He's a 1 time UFC Heavyweight Champion.

He's also a former NCAA Collegiate Wrestling Champion. He'd box the ears off anyone on the WWE Roster without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Brock was no doubt the real deal MMA-wise.

He beat some huge talents in Couture, Mir and Carwin. Although his loss against Velasquez came before he fell ill I would probably be unfair to judge him on that. His final MMA with Overeem it was clear Brock was no longer firing on all cylinders.

Great story from Dana White- is where Brock had to get custom made gloves as his hands were too big. When you look at some of the giants that compete in the HW division of the UFC you can only imagine how huge Brock's hands are. Complete sledgehammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Dean Ambrose's finisher is Dirty Deeds. Vince's favourite band is ACDC.
    Smart move, Dean!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Deadlie wrote: »
    Dean Ambrose's finisher is Dirty Deeds. Vince's favourite band is ACDC.
    Smart move, Dean!

They were going for some musical theme naming at one point. Around the time the headlock driver became Dirty Deeds the Blackout became Piece of Mind (as in the Iron Maiden album), but after a week or two they gave up and just started calling it a curb stomp.

Really bugs me that now that Deans started using the underhook DDT they're still calling it the same name. It's a completely different move!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ShagNastii wrote: »

He beat some huge talents in Couture, Mir and Carwin. Although his loss against Velasquez came before he fell ill I would probably be unfair to judge him on that. His final MMA with Overeem it was clear Brock was no longer firing on all cylinders.

Great story from Dana White- is where Brock had to get custom made gloves as his hands were too big. When you look at some of the giants that compete in the HW division of the UFC you can only imagine how huge Brock's hands are. Complete sledgehammers.

I dunno. I mean, on one hand, his record speaks for itself. But I have difficulty with the idea of considering him a great MMA fighter. I see him as a physical beast on all fronts (like a Schwarzenegger of sports) with MMA being one aspect of that, and that's maybe more impressive than just being a great fighter. But he was figured out just as quickly as he rose in MMA. Severely limited to the point that I'd have little to no interest in seeing him fight again. He'd get mauled by anyone semi-competent, I'd see Big Country KO-ing him early at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ShagNastii wrote: »

He was out twice with diverticulitis twice. Before the Carwin fight and before the Overeem fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Does anyone ever wonder about some wrestling moves and how silly they look...
    The stunner for example.. You fall on your arse... Probably hurting yourself more than your opponents.

The stunner for example.. You fall on your arse... Probably hurting yourself more than your opponents.

Saw this done in a tarmacked playground on a unwilling victim. All it resulted in was a sore wet arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah I know what you mean, some wrestling moves just look too silly for their own good. Although the Stunner still looks cool. But moves like the Samoan Spike or the Overdrive really get to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement