Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Why would you lie in a perfect position for him to hit that move?

Because wrestling. Why does everyone always go for a wild right hook at Cena after the 2 shoulder blocks?

There are worse offenders for specific positioning, at least he has a setup move where the opponent will always stagger and drop to their knees whilst he's already coming off the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Kofi had been playing the Jamaican bit up until then, speaking with a Jamaican accent etc. DX called him out on it, and he started speaking in his regular accent then.

Was this when they were having him team with them at Survivor Series one year, or did that even happen? I think sometimes when wrestlers interact with DX on television it can do more harm to them than good. I felt bad for Sandow in 2012.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There have been 45 Raws this year. 28 of them have started with an Authority promo.

That's what's best for business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    There have been 45 Raws this year. 28 of them have started with an Authority promo.

It could have been so different if Steph had married Test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ageyev wrote: »
    It could have been so different if Steph had married Test.

Speaking of Test. Why didn't WWE ever try to capitalize on his Big Boot finisher. I remember as a kid, marking out for his Big Boot because it looked awesome. I mean it's one of, if not the best big boots i've ever seen. But to me it could have rivaled the Spear, in terms of popularity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Speaking of Test. Why didn't WWE ever try to capitalize on his Big Boot finisher. I remember as a kid, marking out for his Big Boot because it looked awesome. I mean it's one of, if not the best big boots i've ever seen. But to me it could have rivaled the Spear, in terms of popularity.

Completely agree. I was a huge fan of Test in the Invasion times, his match with edge to unify the IC and US titles is still up there on my all time fave matches list. Him stealing a spot and winning the immunity battle royal was cool too.
    It went down-hill with the Steiner/Keibler nonsense but I was a Testicle at one point in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

His Immunity gimmick was brilliant.

Absolute highlight of his career.

I felt he was a bit shallow when he got over Stephanie so quickly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Wrestlemania tickets Thursday! Higher priced sections have gotten even higher priced...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pingi wrote: »
    Wrestlemania tickets Thursday! Higher priced sections have gotten even higher priced...

They need to pay for the Network somehow.

What was the Paul Heyman meltdown on Twitter today all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

The main on this weeks Lucha Underground was a really good spotfest,Fenix looks like a real talent going to seek out more of his AAA matches.

I want Justin Gabriel to not get future endeavoured.

Ageyev wrote: »
    What was the Paul Heyman meltdown on Twitter today all about?

Stems from this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/532064206448001024

Dreamer is owed $100,000 from the ECW bankruptcy. David Bixenspan decided to hamfistedly ask Paul about it when Paul was seemingly upset by Dreamers comments. So Paul went after and got his followers to go after Bix. Never answering Bix's question.

Later he actually searched his name and found me:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/532591263611383808?p=v

I think he proves my point in the above about being an embarrassing grandstander. I'll admit to being a tart for the auld drama. :p

5NYyMC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

RD Reynolds on Sean Moncrieff talking about Death of WCW book.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cheeseofdeath

I think Daniel Bryan is cleared as will be back on Monday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think you need to lay off the Cheese....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Half-life 3 confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Half-life 3 confirmed!

CM punk return imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cheeseofdeath

Is it really that hard to believe? The reports on his injury and surgery have been weird. I'm convinced it might be be a
    work

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

The reports aren't weird at all. If he has nerve damage in cervical spine/brachial plexus it's quite likely to be permanent. Issue is removing osteophytes or whatever was pressing on the nerve, but if it actually damaged it, it can result in permanent loss of motor function. The fact he has no sensory loss isn't relevant as they have different pathways.

I hope he regains strength but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he had to retire.

Is it really that hard to believe? The reports on his injury and surgery have been weird. I'm convinced it might be be a
    work

Doubt it's a work. If the reports have been weird it is due to the nature of his condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Benoit
    due back Monday night too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Palo Alto wrote: »
    The reports aren't weird at all. If he has nerve damage in cervical spine/brachial plexus it's quite likely to be permanent. Issue is removing osteophytes or whatever was pressing on the nerve, but if it actually damaged it, it can result in permanent loss of motor function. The fact he has no sensory loss isn't relevant as they have different pathways.

I hope he regains strength but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he had to retire.

Great post, interesting to finally get some word on what it could be. If that is the case, though, why can you post that as an observer of the situation and his medical team not figure it out? That's the only thing that makes me doubt that being a scenario. Because at least then WWE could start to deal with it, maybe bring him back to TV in a non-wrestling role.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CM punk return imminent

He's the bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

leggo wrote: »
    Great post, interesting to finally get some word on what it could be. If that is the case, though, why can you post that as an observer of the situation and his medical team not figure it out? That's the only thing that makes me doubt that being a scenario. Because at least then WWE could start to deal with it, maybe bring him back to TV in a non-wrestling role.

I'm studying medicine, but not qualified for another year. I'm only speculating as to the general nature of injuries that include nervous damage.

What surprises me is that with the level of detail afforded by MRI scans now that they can't pinpoint more exactly the level of damage done, when combined with nerve conduction studies.

As far as I know, there may be an issue determining whether the problem is with the nerve(s) in question or muscle and this is normally resolved via electromyography, which involves stimulating the muscle with electricity and the response can be interpreted.

Basically, I'm not entirely surprised at his lack or progress when I heard about the original symptoms, but was much more worried when I heard he had to have further surgery.

Without knowing more, it's a fairly negative sign but they wouldn't have operated again if they didn't think they could improve his situation.

I worked as a solicitor previously too so got into a discussion re CM Punk's contract that I could do with some time back from also :pac: So much school, so much debt :(

But anyways, my opinion isn't that informed, just slightly more than a layman at this stage, but just trying to give what I hope is a realistic insight given what little information we collectively know.

Seriously lads look at the size of his right arm:

http://instagram.com/p/uwvUoRyVCc

Don't feed a troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I literally forgot who the WWE Champion was there today for a minute.

Its been so long since he has been on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement