Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Dean Ambrose hasn't won a match on a PPV/network event in nearly six months, since Payback - June 2014, The Shield defeating Evolution.

Dean Ambrose hasn't won a singles match on a PPV/network event in 14 months, since Night of Champions - September 2013, defeating Dolph Ziggler to retain the US title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dean Ambrose hasn't won a match on a PPV/network event in nearly six months, since Payback - June 2014, The Shield defeating Evolution.

Dean Ambrose hasn't won a singles match on a PPV/network event in 14 months, since Night of Champions - September 2013, defeating Dolph Ziggler to retain the US title.

CM Punk was the same way before the Summer of Punk storyline. But i'm still optimistic that things will change over time. Ambrose is very talented, and seems to be over with the fans. I think 2015 will be a better year for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I don't think the loses are affecting him much at all really, he's still being booked strongly.

I thought the Wyatt match was fantastic actually, as hard hitting as NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I don't think the loses are affecting him much at all really, he's still being booked strongly.

I thought the Wyatt match was fantastic actually, as hard hitting as NJPW.

Another notch on Ambrose's belt for having a great match. Of course not discounting Bray Wyatt, but Ambrose has has been in some of the most entertaining matches this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Another notch on Ambrose's belt for having a great match. Of course not discounting Bray Wyatt, but Ambrose has has been in some of the most entertaining matches this year.

absolutely agree wit u. Are they workin Ambrose to take over from Cena as da face of the company? or wat are the long term plans for ambrose I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭CSF

absolutely agree wit u. Are they workin Ambrose to take over from Cena as da face of the company? or wat are the long term plans for ambrose I wonder?

Honestly? Mankind 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

As with tradition December is a is fairly stacked with big shows the Chikara Finale, ROH Final Battle, NXT Takeover: R Evolution, New Japan's World Tag League Final 2014, CZW Cage of Death, PWG Black Cole Sun and WWE TLC.

I am warming to ROH Final Battle but NXT Takeover: R Evolution is only one I am actively looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I actually hope that Adrian Neville retains the championship again at the NXT Takeover event. But I am not going to get too excited about that being a possibility. I also would like to see Brock Lesnar in a TLC match, but that doesn't seem likely to happen either, 'less it's rushed.

I actually hope that Adrian Neville retains the championship again at the NXT Takeover event. But I am not going to get too excited about that being a possibility. I also would like to see Brock Lesnar in a TLC match, but that doesn't seem likely to happen either, 'less it's rushed.

If he is a heel to me the only way Kevin Owens gets booed in NXT is screwing his old friend Zayn. They are destined are to this forever after all!

It would make sense if Kevin Steen gets involved some way and costs Sami the title, for sure!

• Advertisement

It would make sense if Kevin Steen gets involved some way and costs Sami the title, for sure!

Either that or Kevin doesn't used the recycle bin.

nxt-091814-cj-parker.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wrong thread............

rovert wrote: »
    Either that or Kevin doesn't used the recycle bin.

nxt-091814-cj-parker.jpg

I put my original post in here because I assumed popular opinion favoured Sami Zayn.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

All the titles in WWE are currently held by heels (except arguably Mizdow).

Wendi Richter was adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Clemantis wrote: »
    All the titles in WWE are currently held by heels (except arguably Mizdow).

It's a babyface company, so that figures given the time of year. They'll want a hot WrestleMania season with loads of faces chasing the belts. I have no stats to support this but it wouldn't surprise me if this was often the case were you to look back over previous years at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

leggo wrote: »
    It's a babyface company, so that figures given the time of year. They'll want a hot WrestleMania season with loads of faces chasing the belts. I have no stats to support this but it wouldn't surprise me if this was often the case were you to look back over previous years at this time.
    It was the same around Summerslam time last year aswell, pretty much up until WM most of the titles were held by heels.

Randy Orton went on a 6 month title reign from October onwards. I wasn't expecting that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I miss IWW in its prime. I was just looking over previous cards and had to pinch myself that international stars like CIMA, Takeshi Rikio, El Generico, Raven, Kid Kash, Pac and loads of wrestlers from Dragon Gate all wrestled in Waterford within a relatively short period of time, like a real hotbed of wrestling. I count myself lucky to have seen such wrestlers in that environment, just a shame we don't see it more.

One of the biggest regrets I have is that I didn't go to see Raven when he was in The Forum. If I'm not mistaken, Sheamus was on that card as well. A guy I know met them at that and said Raven was so funny. Another random thought, chair matches are ****ing pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A chair match would make sense if it only ends when you force your opponent to sit in/on the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

One of the biggest regrets I have is that I didn't go to see Raven when he was in The Forum. If I'm not mistaken, Sheamus was on that card as well. A guy I know met them at that and said Raven was so funny. Another random thought, chair matches are ****ing pointless.

I was at that show, it was great! Brought a few friends who thought wrestling was "fake". It totally opened their eyes! They felt every backdrop, slam and chop! :pac:

Well that is what really gets to all of us, isn't it? People assume this whole thing is piss easy like.

I miss IWW in its prime. I was just looking over previous cards and had to pinch myself that international stars like CIMA, Takeshi Rikio, El Generico, Raven, Kid Kash, Pac and loads of wrestlers from Dragon Gate all wrestled in Waterford within a relatively short period of time, like a real hotbed of wrestling. I count myself lucky to have seen such wrestlers in that environment, just a shame we don't see it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I mentioned this on here before, but I helped pack away chairs and stuff after that event and I got to see all the wrestlers film their promos to camera. I remember Raven flubbed the **** out of his a load of times before he got a usable one! :pac:

Has Raven had issues with substance abuse in the past, or was that just the sort of character he portrayed? His weight has fluctuated so much at different points of his career also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

His weight has fluctuated so much at different points of his career also!
    That's because he has a thyroid condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Another random thought, chair matches are ****ing pointless.

To add to that, there is zero difference between a ladder match and a TLC match. You should have to hit your opponent with a chair and smash him through a table before being eligible to climb the ladder, otherwise they are exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ye Sheamus wrestled in the main event, tagging with Raven who opened the match doing a commentary of the match while in the ring, it was hilarious. Alex Shane and Johnny Storm were on the card that night too.

Agreed about chair matches, perhaps the most uninspired gimmick match ever.

• Advertisement

Ye Sheamus wrestled in the main event, tagging with Raven who opened the match doing a commentary of the match while in the ring, it was hilarious. Alex Shane and Johnny Storm were on the card that night too.

You reminded me to look up the card:
    Singles Match
    Jonny Storm defeats The Irish Dragon
    Singles Match
    Sheamus O'Shaunessy defeats Dave Zero
    Singles Match
    Red Vinny defeats M-Dogg 20
    Singles Match
    Darren Burridge vs. Vid Vain - Double Count Out
    Singles Match
    Mad Man Manson defeats CJ Summers
    Tag Team Match