Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ye Sheamus wrestled in the main event, tagging with Raven who opened the match doing a commentary of the match while in the ring, it was hilarious. Alex Shane and Johnny Storm were on the card that night too.

Agreed about chair matches, perhaps the most uninspired gimmick match ever.
    The guy plugging the DVD in the video that was posted there on the last page says that they weren't too impressed with Raven. It sounded a bit annoying I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The guy plugging the DVD in the video that was posted there on the last page says that they weren't too impressed with Raven. It sounded a bit annoying I thought.

I would have been 13 at the time and that would have been the first live wrestling event I'd ever attended so nostalgia certainly may playing a part in my memories of the event 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What part?

I genuinely think that is everything we say here on a constant basis :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I genuinely think that is everything we say here on a constant basis :D

People elsewhere on various podcasts qnd the like have said similar stuff. The basic bullet points are almost universal truths at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really obvious fake crowd reaction to New Day again this week. Either they're cheering and clapping without moving or everyone doing the cheering is on the side of the arena the camera doesn't show

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Really obvious fake crowd reaction to New Day again this week. Either they're cheering and clapping without moving or everyone doing the cheering is on the side of the arena the camera doesn't show

Those aren't real people laughing at Two And A Half Men either though, it's just a TV thing. Nobody laughs at Two And A Half Men. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

As an experiment (and simply to free up some time) I'm still watching the current WWE ppvs, but I've completely stopped watching the regular tv stuff (raw and smackdown). As a result I've noticed the build-up sections in the current ppvs don't really get me pumped up or give me any clear idea what the characters are feuding about (which I presume is their purpose).

By comparison at the same time I've started watching some of the retro ppvs (currently at 2001). I didn't even follow wrestling back then, but it's amazing how clearly the build-up clips lay out what the the characters are feuding about. It makes the actual matches more interesting as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

after tlc wyatt should be brought into the new day / gold and stardust feud it would fit his weird preacher gimmick to be against the new day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hematocyte wrote: »
    As an experiment (and simply to free up some time) I'm still watching the current WWE ppvs, but I've completely stopped watching the regular tv stuff (raw and smackdown). As a result I've noticed the build-up sections in the current ppvs don't really get me pumped up or give me any clear idea what the characters are feuding about (which I presume is their purpose).

By comparison at the same time I've started watching some of the retro ppvs (currently at 2001). I didn't even follow wrestling back then, but it's amazing how clearly the build-up clips lay out what the the characters are feuding about. It makes the actual matches more interesting as a result.
    Same here. Haven't watched a Raw or Smack down since April, but haven't missed a ppv either. You've made a great point about the build for matches

The TNA PPVs from when they went monthly are well worth watching IMO. Caught a couple when Challenge were re-running them (think they were from '05) and ya've got Joe, Styles and Daniels putting on awesome matches, decent gimmick World Title matches, big debuts and some good hardcore stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

tNa pre Hogan and Bischoff was actually quite good , The likes of Styles, Jerry Lyn Joe and Daniels putting on amazing X division matchs and the likes of Rhyno, Christian, Jeff Hardy, Abyss and Sabu you had a pretty decent roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I watched a few Slam City episodes earlier. It may be the best show which the main roster features in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would have been 13 at the time and that would have been the first live wrestling event I'd ever attended so nostalgia certainly may playing a part in my memories of the event 😜
    What year did that take place in, was it 2004 or something, or was it later than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was wondering last night - had WCW won, what would the Attitude Era be refered to as?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

gimmick wrote: »
    Was wondering last night - had WCW won, what would the Attitude Era be refered to as?

As in by name? The Attitude Era most likely, that wasn't a name they had coined after the period and come and gone. WWF ATTITUDE was WWF being self aware with how they branded and marketed themselves and the phrase appeared on everything from Posters/merch/tarps and videogames from the time.

Edit: Similarly to how recently you hear constant mention of the word "Reality" in the product today. Plays into the Total Divas show, the more revealing documentaries, broadcasting NXT internationally to see how characters and stars are created and crafted. Even things like panels at axxess or for the video games and the Stone Cold podcast, all done to play into this reality buzz they're on at the moment.

Charlotte seems to remind me more of Owen Hart than Ric Flair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

What year did that take place in, was it 2004 or something, or was it later than that?

2005 i think, it was just before International Showdown in Coventry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

a vaugly remember a jeff hardy v undertaker ladder match can anyone tell me when this was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

a vaugly remember a jeff hardy v undertaker ladder match can anyone tell me when this was

It was on a RAW if I remember right around 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Summer 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It was on Raw 01/07/02.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Having watched back Neville v Zayn I think it's match of the year in WWE at least.

It had everything you want in a PW match. Two great characters, a strong build, great storytelling, great in ring action, a scorching hat crowd and a great ending with a brilliant payoff and a truly great feel good moment.

That's the kind of match you show someone who asks about getting into Wrestling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWE needs more heels. Credible ones. Apart from Rollins they don't have any full time heels ready to go in a big match. Wyatt and Rusev are just not there yet. Harper is only getting started. Henry, Big Show and Kane are all well past it.

They need someone like Sheamus to turn or ideally (but can't see it) Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DM_7 wrote: »
    WWE needs more heels. Credible ones. Apart from Rollins they don't have any full time heels ready to go in a big match. Wyatt and Rusev are just not there yet. Harper is only getting started. Henry, Big Show and Kane are all well past it.

They need someone like Sheamus to turn or ideally (but can't see it) Reigns.

Agreed, except I think Rusev is there, just needs the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE should revive the King of the Ring as an annual tournament for NXT wrestlers with the winner getting a spot on the main roster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE should revive the King of the Ring as an annual tournament for NXT wrestlers with the winner getting a spot on the main roster.

It would be better than the "lose the NXT belt and your prize is a call up" thing.

Very good way to fill TV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I hate the way commentators talk oh so low when the dastardly heel is carrying out his evil plan.

Lawler sounds as if he couldn't care.

Also,the long periods of silence at the end of RAW where we just have 2 guys staring at each other really annoys me for some reason.

• Advertisement

Was thinking Rollins should start complaining about never having an opportunity to cash in his MitB contract. Not like he can do a surprise cash in some random night since Brock is only there at certain times. Technically, the contract could expire due to the champ never turning up. Though I guess Rolins could just challenge Brock to an arranged match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement