Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reigns being pushed long before he is ready and that comes across in everything he does other than his move set.

He now is getting the Vince bigman push which has wrecked many a wrestlers chances.

Regins needed to have a slow build over a year and half to two years which would have given him time to grow into the Superstar role they want him to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Reigns being pushed long before he is ready and that comes across in everything he does other than his move set.

He now is getting the Vince bigman push which has wrecked many a wrestlers chances.

Regins needed to have a slow build over a year and half to two years which would have given him time to grow into the Superstar role they want him to have.

The Eddie Guerrero treatment, I like to call it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I still think its about timing and in the current WWE world Reigns is worthy of a push.

Especially now when he is a fresh face, fans are tired of the older guys and programmed to think others who are around a while without making it to the top are second rate.

Reigns has looked great since his debut over two years ago, the longer they wait to push him the more chance that he ends up looking unimportant.

I am glad to see someone like Reigns over Big Show or Kane who still get WWE title shots. I would prefer to see Reigns in title matches over watching Cena v Orton again.

I say the above in the context of how short they are on important looking Superstars that provide variety and spark to their shows. Losing Punk, losing Bryan to injury have hurt WWE star power massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As green as he is people are crying out for something new and Reigns at the top offers up loads of feuds to keep him going , including fighting his old shield mates which will happen eventually, the guaranteed Cena vs Reigns match , and maybe even bryan when he comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DM_7 wrote: »
    I still think its about timing and in the current WWE world Reigns is worthy of a push.

Especially now when he is a fresh face, fans are tired of the older guys and programmed to think others who are around a while without making it to the top are second rate.

Reigns has looked great since his debut over two years ago, the longer they wait to push him the more chance that he ends up looking unimportant.

I am glad to see someone like Reigns over Big Show or Kane who still get WWE title shots. I would prefer to see Reigns in title matches over watching Cena v Orton again.

I say the above in the context of how short they are on important looking Superstars that provide variety and spark to their shows. Losing Punk, losing Bryan to injury have hurt WWE star power massively.
    Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So Ambrose and Rollins shouldn't get a mention no? Reigns hasn't had a good singles match since The Shield split! Ambrose and Rollins have been tearing it up on both the mic and in the ring since The Shield broke up and yet Reigns is the one who is becoming the man?

It's fcuking run of the mill, Vince boll*x! Look, Reigns is going to be a very good superstar, a multiple time world champion. But he just isn't ready! The only justification for Reigns winning the Rumble is if he beats Lesnar in a beast of a match (and I'm extremely worried it will be an absolute failure of a match) only for Rollins to cash in and Reigns to be chasing him at least until the Rumble after. It will build Reigns up beautifully!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is no way a part time Lesnar could carry Regins in a WM match to make it even look good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So Ambrose and Rollins shouldn't get a mention no? Reigns hasn't had a good singles match since The Shield split! Ambrose and Rollins have been tearing it up on both the mic and in the ring since The Shield broke up and yet Reigns is the one who is becoming the man?

It's fcuking run of the mill, Vince boll*x! Look, Reigns is going to be a very good superstar, a multiple time world champion. But he just isn't ready! The only justification for Reigns winning the Rumble is if he beats Lesnar in a beast of a match (and I'm extremely worried it will be an absolute failure of a match) only for Rollins to cash in and Reigns to be chasing him at least until the Rumble after. It will build Reigns up beautifully!

I didn't mention them because I was talking specifically about Reigns.

Those two will get there without needing the protection Reigns will need*. Reigns will need a Batista type push to be a star. Rollins and Ambrose have more about them so are not in need of that protection but are getting big pushes at the same time by being treated as major important parts of the show.

*I think a big strong, athletic guy like Reigns needs to be made look incredible as it plays up to the best assets he has. Nothing wrong with that (imo of course)

I didn't mention them because I was talking specifically about Reigns.

Those two will get there without needing the protection Reigns will need*. Reigns will need a Batista type push to be a star. Rollins and Ambrose have more about them so are not in need of that protection but are getting big pushes at the same time by being treated as major important parts of the show.

*I think a big strong, athletic guy like Reigns needs to be made look incredible as it plays up to the best assets he has. Nothing wrong with that (imo of course)
    I'm not arguing the point that Reigns can become a great world champion... but not now. It's risking a lot to be pushing him so heavily. People will rebel. It's the reason people like Punk, Edge, Bryan, Hardy were cheered so heavily when they finally won the big one. You have to build people up.

Like if Ziggler, Ambrose or even Rollins won the Rumble the whole crowd would go wild (even if it was just a huge chorus of boos for Rollins) whereas I can imagine the crowd going mild for Reigns to be honest. He also will NOT have a good match with Lesnar. It will be mediocre at best. Again, the only way to save it will be having Rollins cashing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There is no way a part time Lesnar could carry Regins in a WM match to make it even look good.

Agreed, although i don't think Lesnar is capable of carrying anyone in the ring even if he were full time. He's a good wrestler(Much better in his first run with WWE), but he relies on others to have a good match. Put Reigns in the ring with him at Wrestlmania and you could potentially get a similar main event to Wrestlmania 27 between Cena and The Miz, which was god awful. But unlike WM27, Reigns Vs Lesnar is a bigger match because you're pushing the future and there's a lot riding on them to deliver.

Thinking about it now, I kind've wish Pat Patterson was still a road agent. He has amazing in ring psychology, and could sit down and plan out the match with Lesnar and Reigns. That is of course, if WWE will truly go ahead with Reigns Vs Lesnar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you ignored Raw, you'd probably have to consider
    Dolph Ziggler
    as a posisble Rumble winner, given his PPV booking over the last two months.

PPV Spoilers
    At SS, he manages to dethrone the Authority and is the last man standing following a heroic battle against some of the top heels in WWE. At TLC, he wins a ladder match after which the commentators start marking out about how massive a win it is for him, and how it could be a huge stepping stone for him up the card again.

Completely agree, if Lesnar wasn't champ this would be the obvious choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you ignored Raw, you'd probably have to consider Dolph Ziggler as a possible Rumble winner, given his PPV booking over the last two months.

It's past Wednesday midnight so no need for spoiler tags! I'm happy Dolph's more prominent but he was not pushed for the Series (in a 10 man tag - Ryback was) and then curtain-jerked TLCS and is now lumbered with the go-nowhere mid-card title. He's not going anywhere near the main event. Possibly if they still had two world titles. So unless Reigns and Ambrose get injured, I think he's SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Personally, I am quite happy with where Dolph Ziggler is at the moment. I think if he keeps turning out performances like he has done at the last two pay per views, it doesn't matter to me where on the card he is. Come to think of it, I enjoyed his match with Antonio Cesaro as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think Reigns winning the Rumble last (well, this) year would have been quite good. Give an actual reason for the tension between the Shield (especially since Reigns eliminated both Rollins and Ambrose as best I can remember) in the coming months but have Reigns lose at Wrestlemania. I'd be more confidant of Orton getting something good out of Reigns than Lesnar. He could have been protected a lot better too with the six man tags in the build up to WrestleMania. A trial run of sorts that they won't be able to do now. He is being thrown in the deep end. If Reigns wins the Rumble and Lesnar is still champion, Reigns is winning the title no matter what.

Since the Shield split up, Reigns has been badly exposed. This time last year he would have had a tonne of support and momentum that he has since lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think Reigns winning the Rumble last (well, this) year would have been quite good. Give an actual reason for the tension between the Shield (especially since Reigns eliminated both Rollins and Ambrose as best I can remember) in the coming months but have Reigns lose at Wrestlemania. I'd be more confidant of Orton getting something good out of Reigns than Lesnar. He could have been protected a lot better too with the six man tags in the build up to WrestleMania. A trial run of sorts that they won't be able to do now. He is being thrown in the deep end. If Reigns wins the Rumble and Lesnar is still champion, Reigns is winning the title no matter what.

Since the Shield split up, Reigns has been badly exposed. This time last year he would have had a tonne of support and momentum that he has since lost.

I think in the end that comes down to him not being very good, which usually shows you up in the end anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Excellent point.

I even remember in the Woolshed you had 500+ drunk Irish people FULLY behind him.

He had a tonne of momentum and like you say, he could have his in 6 tags and short squash matches and have Ambrose and Rollins do his talking for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking if people who see the Ascension for the first time on the main roster ask about them, I don't think it'll make them look too good when saying "Yeah they lost their titles to Sin Cara and a Mysterio replacement". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Everytime I hear "How'd you like me now" by The Heavy, I cant help but think of Bob Holly.....

... that is all.

If Sami Zayn ever turned heel he would have to get a new theme song...because his current one is just so happy and such a "look at me, I'm a face". That makes me sad, his theme tune is just so happy you can't help but smile!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Imagine WWE using a Wrestler's Ma to cut Wrestlemania hype promos:

https://twitter.com/enuhito/status/547280251856748545

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

We can only dream!

19981109_steiner_judy.jpg

Now that is something that I never saw before. Did The Steiners bring their mother to WCW before?!

Now that is something that I never saw before. Did The Steiners bring their mother to WCW before?!

It is Judy Bagwell. Buff Bagwell's mother:
    http://droptoehold.com/post/25871954973/bagwell-steiner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bagwell on a Forklift Match.

Welcome to hell.

rovert wrote: »
    It is Judy Bagwell. Buff Bagwell's mother:
    http://droptoehold.com/post/25871954973/bagwell-steiner
    Oh yeah. I remember Judy Bagwell being involved in something back in the day. Just when I saw her next to Steiner there I assumed it was his mother. Forgot totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I hope someone renewed Dean Ambrose's health insurance for Christmas he's had his head put through cement blocks, throat crushed and now after watching TLC been shocked by a tv. All in the last few months but you wouldn't know it

ONE WEEK AWAY FROM THE TOKYO DOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just passing the time watching the network and watching wrestlemania 1 and did David Samartino ever have a hope in the wrestling business ?

Total Divas went to utter ****e last season but Paige was phenomenal in first episode of the new season last night.

tumblr_nhoou4vjod1saykaxo1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    Total Divas went to utter ****e last season but Paige was phenomenal in first episode of the new season last night.

tumblr_nhoou4vjod1saykaxo1_400.gif
    Really ? I like paige and was worried her going on total divas as the bits ive seen it looked awful. So I'm happy it appears she came across well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement