Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I see WWE Kids Magazine has a section on Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns...

How much you can read into it is debatable but yeah.

****storm incoming if they pull this stunt again like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Part of me is always glad to see when they do stuff like that, it's how I know I am definitely watching the same product that I loved as a child even. Does anyone else remember buying the magazine around November and it would have the results of the SummerSlam covered inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Becky Lynch's voice makes me cringe when I hear it on tv. It's tough on the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Jack Swagger deserves to be placed higher up the card. He worked well with Rusev last year really.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Jack Swagger deserves to be placed higher up the card. He worked well with Rusev last year really.

And what happened the last time he got a concerted push (or started to at least)? I like Swagger but he's contributed greatly to his own malaise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And what happened the last time he got a concerted push (or started to at least)? I like Swagger but he's contributed greatly to his own malaise.

Last time he got high up the card, he got "high" up the card.

Ill see myself out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking why do WWE have storylines based around Total Divas and promote the show so much yet they barely acknowledge the existence of NXT which is on the network they want people to subscribe to?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thinking why do WWE have storylines based around Total Divas and promote the show so much yet they barely acknowledge the existence of NXT which is on the network they want people to subscribe to?

Because if somebody is acknowledged as being part of a development programme on Raw over a long period of time they won't be viewed as being the equal of main roster guys when they finally get there? As it is when 99% of people debut it's with some degree of a push and to the majority of the audience they've hit the ground running from the off, not spent years kicking their heels in development (which, almost by definition, is perceived as a lesser playing field where people are brought up to standard). NxT has been my favourite WWE show for quite a few years now but that doesn't make it so for the majority of the audience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Watching Wrestlemania 20. It's a little jarring hearing "Let's go Cena" and not having it immediately followed by "Cena sucks!".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm torn as to which incarnation of The Ascension I prefer.

Loved when Konnor reinvented himself became all dark and demon-y. Thought Cameron was decent and their enterance was fantastic.

Then Victor came along. His look with the eyes and the glasses was deadly. The recent showing is (as many have said) a bit too much of an LOD rip off to thoroughly enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm torn as to which incarnation of The Ascension I prefer.

Loved when Konnor reinvented himself became all dark and demon-y. Thought Cameron was decent and their enterance was fantastic.

Then Victor came along. His look with the eyes and the glasses was deadly. The recent showing is (as many have said) a bit too much of an LOD rip off to thoroughly enjoy.
    Their first NXT entrance with the palm-lights was pretty cool. I hate how their portrayal on Raw has been so 'on the nose' regarding them being LODlite.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Miz > Mizdow

Really in the form of his life as a character.

CSF wrote: »
    Miz > Mizdow

Really in the form of his life as a character.

Its a pity hes not a better wrestler (not saying hes bad).

Hes made for the cocky arrogant fame driven heel, its what got him to WM Main Event (and winning) after all. Sandow is getting all the praise while The Miz is doing his best so he has someone to bounce off. Sandows character is made better by The Mizs portrayal of the Hollywood A lister and is a real unsung hero.

Esp when his work ethic is higher than most, he doesnt get the credit he deserves

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its a pity hes not a better wrestler (not saying hes bad).

Hes made for the cocky arrogant fame driven heel, its what got him to WM Main Event (and winning) after all. Sandow is getting all the praise while The Miz is doing his best so he has someone to bounce off. Sandows character is made better by The Mizs portrayal of the Hollywood A lister and is a real unsung hero.

Esp when his work ethic is higher than most, he doesnt get the credit he deserves
    Agree completely.

CSF wrote: »
    Agree completely.

He got hazed more than most because of his reality show background but he loves the business and its a testament to his determination that he has achieved what he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Don't much like him as a wrestler, but gotta have huge respect for his journey, and the amount of work this guy takes on. If WWE need an ambassador, he's there, no questions asked. Talk shows, signings, meet and greets - he's there, no questions asked.

But above all else, and don't ever forget this. MARYSE. That fúcker is married to the most perfect woman walking God's green earth. So, he deserves all the respect in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dean Ambrose has a proper Home and Away style haircut :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Miz suffered massivley from being turned Face its great to see him back Heel suits him so much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Gotta agree with the above about Miz. Obvious passion for pro wrestling and will do anything asked of him. What do y'all think of JRs idea of Miz becoming a manager? I can see where he's coming from with that

LeeJM wrote: »
    Gotta agree with the above about Miz. Obvious passion for pro wrestling and will do anything asked of him. What do y'all think of JRs idea of Miz becoming a manager? I can see where he's coming from with that

I think he has plenty to offer in the ring himself for a while yet. Always felt he was under-rated between the ropes. I remember him wrestling a nice little PPV match against MVP a few years back and thinking that he was a lot more capable than he's given credit for.

• Advertisement

I think he has plenty to offer in the ring himself for a while yet. Always felt he was under-rated between the ropes. I remember him wrestling a nice little PPV match against MVP a few years back and thinking that he was a lot more capable than he's given credit for.

I think his wrestling ability probably has him in about the right place on the card, but that his acting probably exceeds it.

Could see him making a decent enough stooge character when he's no longer in a position to make PPVs on his own back.

Actually thats a pretty good shout, if the heel authority figure wasn't so played out now he could defo do a good job across all the different segments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I always found it really petty that CM Punk was constantly rude and burying Miz. I know he feels like he took his Mania spot but Miz was always courteous and said nice things about Punk on his dvd.

Guy is a class act.

Miz is the last of the old school survivors. The rumoured **** he endured from the Smackdown vets is horrendous. I really think unless he does something like murder someone he'll have a job for life with WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'm a big fan of the Miz. Whenever he takes out Sandow. I do believe he will make the feud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Miz IS really annoying in real life that part of his charm. He's wearying like Diamond Dallas Page is.

But I know a few people in Ohio who both promote and work for the AIW. He goes to their shows on the quiet when he is home. Treats even the lowest no hoper indie Wrestler as an equal and buys beers for everyone. He's pretty sound. But he is naturally super annoying.

rovert wrote: »
    Miz IS really annoying in real life that part of his charm. He's wearying like Diamond Dallas Page is.

But I know a few people in Ohio who both promote and work for the AIW. He goes to their shows on the quiet when he is home. Treats even the lowest no hoper indie Wrestler as an equal and buys beers for everyone. He's pretty sound. But he is naturally super annoying.

Thats pretty f'n cool that a guy who main evented WM alongside Cena and The Rock behaves like that.

Hopefully the eventual feud with Sandow goes well and both get a decent shot in the arm from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He looks like a huge douchebag alright but everything I've heard about him, he seems very grateful and professional. He's perfect in his role now, even if it's many steps down from main eventing WrestleMania. His character was always quite difficult to take seriously. Even if he'll never be properly respected by fans in general, he gets to go home to Maryse, so I'm sure he'll live!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Miz never comes across as if he could actually beat someone up.

He is a big lump of a lad, should be able to look convincing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    But above all else, and don't ever forget this. MARYSE. That fúcker is married to the most perfect woman walking God's green earth. So, he deserves all the respect in the world.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Even if he'll never be properly respected by fans in general, he gets to go home to Maryse, so I'm sure he'll live!

Preach. Does anything else really matter knowing this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement