Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

If Benoit just commited suicide and Nancy and Daniel never died do you think he would still be ignored?

Given the whole brain trauma thing, I think they'd still be reluctant to bring him up as it reflects badly on the business but he wouldnt have been whitewashed like he has

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Ambrose is poorly booked, very poorly booked. After Ambrose I can only see Ziggler in the main event frame unless I'm forgetting someone.

If you're talking about the IC title guys ya Ziggler is the only other one. I would love to see Rusev do something decent and i think he may. The Russian gimmick would probably need to be toned down and we may see that as they are hinting at trouble with Lana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Tugboats wrote: »
    If you're talking about the IC title guys o ya Ziggler is the only other one. I would love to see Rusev do something decent and i think he may. The Russian gimmick would probably need to be toned down and we may see that as they are hinting at trouble with Lana.

It'll be interesting to see how they can keep Rusev interesting without the streak, hope he doesn't turn into Umaga.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

It'll be interesting to see how they can keep Rusev interesting without the streak, hope he doesn't turn into Umaga.

I think Lana may cost him against Cena again which should lead to a storyline for him at least

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

The level of Sheamus hate on sites like Reddit is hitting hysterical levels, it feels like. I like Daniel Bryan and everything but I'm starting to hope Sheamus goes over on him week in, week out, just to annoy Bryan's cadre of militant smark followers. Goes for Ziggler and Ambrose, too. That's a group of people who've gone into business for themselves, come out heels and now I just want to see them get their comeuppance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, now that's he a heel that's exactly what he wants. I've never been a believer in X-Pac heat, he has an opportunity to turn genuine dislike into something cool now.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Angron wrote: »
    WWE would likely downplay the suicide thing, but I don't think he'd be ignored (at least not entirely).

Yup. There is no way he would be ignored had he of just taken his own life.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, now that's he a heel that's exactly what he wants. I've never been a believer in X-Pac heat, he has an opportunity to turn genuine dislike into something cool now.

Ah I think it defo exists. Bossman had it near the end of his last run. You hear their music and you just groan. Big Show has it now for me. It's known as 'go away heat' and sure they were chanting 'please retire' at him on Raw last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Everytime I see Rollins make his entrance his gear makes me think Seth 'Mass Effect' Rollins as I'm sure a similar suit was in ME2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ERG89 wrote: »
    Everytime I see Rollins make his entrance his gear makes me think Seth 'Mass Effect' Rollins as I'm sure a similar suit was in ME2

Yep, the Cerberus suit. But I always think about the power rangers when I see him in it. He should really just stick to trunks tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Well I suppose at least Seth changed his ring gear after the Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Well I suppose at least Seth changed his ring gear after the Shield

Ambrose stole Luke Harpers look though except with a Home and Away haircut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Watching Tough Enough 2 and Jackie is after kissing one of the lads and cheating on her boyfriend, so she's beat up about it blah blah she dosent know what to do about it. Next segment here comes a wwf superstar..... It's Edge! I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Seths theme song is so ****ing cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Now that Randy Savage has gone into the Hall of Fame, is Ravishing Rick Rude the next biggest absentee from the Hall of Fame? Also, Honky Tonk needs to go in before he passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Now that Randy Savage has gone into the Hall of Fame, is Ravishing Rick Rude the next biggest absentee from the Hall of Fame? Also, Honky Tonk needs to go in before he passes.

Certainly from the Hulkamania period. There are probably a handful that haven't gone in. Jimmy Hart, Earthquake, Demolition, Bulldog/s, at a push Brutus Beefcake.

But I'd definitely say HTM and Rude are both locks that haven't yet been inducted.

How about Haku/Meng for the WWE Hall of Fame as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Miss Elizabeth would be the biggest name missing form the Hulkamania era for me.

Lou Thesz should also be in it.

HTM has made a bit of a living doing the shoot interview circuit and talking shít about half his peers and the state of wrestling in general. I understand he was still asked, despite that, but couldn't make the ceremony that year due to other commitments.

I just think it would be funny seeing Honky be all nicey-nice and gracious, drinking the WWE kool-aid, 'cause he's one of the most cynical and sarcastic guys you'll hear talk. I don't say that in a bad way, though, as he's hilarious in what he says and on point more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jericho has taken over the podcast duties on the WWE Network from Austin will he now take over the hosting of Tough Enough I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jericho has taken over the podcast duties on the WWE Network from Austin will he now take over the hosting of Tough Enough I wonder.

Jesus I hope not! The elimination promo will be 20 minutes of him saying Vince is a genius and wwe is the greatest place that has ever existed, and instead of being eliminated he says "you now go the way of WCW......out of business....thanks to Vince McMahon"

I've got a question about indy female wrestlers. What is Candice La Rae and Daizee Haze like in the ring? I hear a lot of good things about Candice in PWG. But i'm curious about them both.

They should have Neville do UK/Ireland exclusive voice-overs for the next season of Legends House.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I've got a question about indy female wrestlers. What is Candice La Rae and Daizee Haze like in the ring? I hear a lot of good things about Candice in PWG. But i'm curious about them both.

Weird twosome as Daizee Haze hasn't wrestled in four years.

Haze is a weird subject. I know a lot of people who she is their "first favourite indie wrestler". She was a very good wrestler and was an excellent heel especially towards the end of her career. There was never a pick on her to begin with but around 2010/11 she kept losing more and more weight. I could post pictures but I don't what to be seen engaging in cheap shock tactics. I genuinely have never seen a person as underweight in a wrestling ring. Her weight loss were first reacted to "eat a sandwich chants" and then eventually it is just terrified people and turned fans off. So the story goes it was a combination of being addicted to exercise and adopting a macrobiotic diet. Fans would call her anorexic but she would have muscle tone and stuff. What kind of made fans resent her more is that despite her weight loss in CHIKARA she pinned Awesome Kong and men with a German suplex. Even for indie Wrestling that was a leap in believability too far. She retired as Wrestling publicly wasn't fun anymore. Ever since she has been a trainer at the ROH school and designs ring gear.

Candice's appeal and talent is pretty self evident. I encourage everyone to check her out.

rovert wrote: »
    Weird twosome as Daizee Haze hasn't wrestled in four years.

Haze is a weird subject. I know a lot of people who she is their "first favourite indie wrestler". She was a very good wrestler and was an excellent heel especially towards the end of her career. There was never a pick on her to begin with but around 2010/11 she kept losing more and more weight. I could post pictures but I don't what to be seen engaging in cheap shock tactics. I genuinely have never seen a person as underweight in a wrestling ring. Her weight loss were first reacted to "eat a sandwich chants" and then eventually it is just terrified people and turned fans off. So the story goes it was a combination of being addicted to exercise and adopting a macrobiotic diet. Fans would call her anorexic but she would have muscle tone and stuff. What kind of made fans resent her more is that despite her weight loss in CHIKARA she pinned Awesome Kong and men with a German suplex. Even for indie Wrestling that was a leap in believability too far. She retired as Wrestling publicly wasn't fun anymore. Ever since she has been a trainer at the ROH school and designs ring gear.

Candice's appeal and talent is pretty self evident. I encourage everyone to check her out.

Thanks. Yeah i've seen pics of Daizee alright, crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Seths theme song is so ****ing cool.

My ringtone, never answer until the silence after the double peddles

Hogan reconciled with Macho Man, just before Macho's death. Hogan reconciled with Warrior, just before Warrior's death. Both men died of heart attacks. Total coincidence right now, but I'll start to really wonder if it happens again. Who in wrestling hates Hogan right now who may be a future cardiac risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

briany wrote: »
    Hogan reconciled with Macho Man, just before Macho's death. Hogan reconciled with Warrior, just before Warrior's death. Both men died of heart attacks. Total coincidence right now, but I'll start to really wonder if it happens again. Who in wrestling hates Hogan right now who may be a future cardiac risk?

Scott Steiner!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe Hogan never really forgave Shawn for the Summerslam fiasco :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

WWE should give somebody the cast on a "broken arm" gimmick. Just had a look at the roster and the only current members I could see making it work would be The Miz or Cody Rhodes and as Cody is Stardust now hes now hes not an option. I think it could make The Miz interesting after he loses his feud with Sandow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement