Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bray's entrance is probably my favorite to experience live; it was awesome in the 3Arena on Thursday when everyone whipped out their phones and lit an arena with them.

And it got me thinking....a face turn right now would do wonders for Bray Wyatt. On an opponent level, he's faced the majority of top faces (Cena, Bryan, Ambrose, Taker); Bray vs Reigns and Bray vs Orton are about the top level feuds he has left. A face turn would open up feuds with new people. Most importantly, it would open up the possibility of Bray vs The Authority, which i think people would eat up.

It also would address the biggest character flaw, which is he's a cult leader without a cult. A face turn would grant him one nearly instantly; namely, the crowd who attend the show each night. His cult of the audience, waving lights during an entrance, singing "You've got the whole world..." for the character.

I'd love Wyatt vs The Authority; given the Authority's gimmick is "Whats best for business", Wyatt acting as the voice of his "flock" and being someone whose head The Authority couldn't get into, could be really, really fun, and provide a completely fresh top level story that could run for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So essentially a Wyatt face turn would be similar to what CM Punk did a few years ago - The whole voice of the voiceless trying to force change in the WWE - That'd be my take on Wyatt feuding with The Authority if he turned face.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To this day it surprises me that Goldberg only won the World Title once in WCW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Here's a random Wrasslin' thought, went up to Dublin for a few days and bought myself 3 ROH DVDs for €20 in Wrestling Mania in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Nice lads with a nice shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just a thought for today.

Exactly 4 years ago today Edge had to retire from wrestling.

Please do a Five Second Pose in honour of him!

CCV2dhmWEAEzJ7f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a thought for today.

Exactly 4 years ago today Edge had to retire from wrestling.

Please do a Five Second Pose in honour of him!

CCV2dhmWEAEzJ7f.jpg

Four years ? Jesus where does the time go ? And most if not all have the benefit of flash photography now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just watched Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kevin Steen there in ROH on YouTube. Great match, less than 15 mins long. Jeez, I'd love to see Nakamura in NXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

With all the great talent in NXT, it's hard to know where they'll end up on the main roster. I mean WWE have a hard enough time booking guys who've been with WWE for years now, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett. But add the other guys who debuted 2/3 years ago like Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper etc, and the NXT crowd, and that's a hell of a roster to book.

Kind've make me think maybe WWE should go back to the brand split and divide the two shows again so there's more room for talents. Paul Haymen can book Smackdown again, while Vince Russo can book Raw(;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Angron wrote: »
    To this day it surprises me that Goldberg only won the World Title once in WCW.

Me too... But WCW was messed up.... Booking wise u u never really knew what was going on.
    I remember watching nitro the night he beat hall and then hogan... Marked out like crazy.

His WWE run could have been better.. It felt like he was being held back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

His WWE run could have been better.. It felt like he was being held back.

Arguable really. Beat The Rock on his debut, went through a lot of top stars like Chris Jericho and Triple H(Even if HHH won the title back), and was booked pretty strong. The only difference is that he was in a totally different environment from WCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rovert wrote: »

They are not factoring in the time difference.

US prime time out west or 11pm east coast, 4am fight time here, could not see many people paying over the odds for it here.

Sure if they look at the Philippines there is two options buy it live or watch free on a round delay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/neil-francis-wwe-show-at-the-3arena-similar-to-pro12-leinster-at-the-rds-31135466.html?google_editors_picks=true

Guy brings his kid to see the show on Thursday then tells him(a nine year old that the matches are predetermined) wtf. :(

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/neil-francis-wwe-show-at-the-3arena-similar-to-pro12-leinster-at-the-rds-31135466.html?google_editors_picks=true

Guy brings his kid to see the show on Thursday then tells him(a nine year old that the matches are predetermined) wtf. :(

What a stupid, ignorant, bigoted prick. How can he compare rugby to pro wrestling? There's no basis for comparison at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What a stupid, ignorant, bigoted prick. How can he compare rugby to pro wrestling? There's no basis for comparison at all.

How does comparing rugby to wrestling make him bigoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What a prick. Romeo & Juliet is playing in the Gaiety, maybe he can shout out spoilers to save people from enjoying the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What a prick. Romeo & Juliet is playing in the Gaiety, maybe he can shout out spoilers to save people from enjoying the show.

Nah what you have to do is sneer at the audience for thinking the stage is land held by the Veronese then talk about how smart your kids are for not being fooled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Francis is a horrible. Person. Im a big rugby fan and he is utter tosh. He said something on newstalk a couple of years ago about a gay nfl player( I could be mistaken) that was pretty bad aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah he's a guy trying to be the next Dunphy/Hook, that's all. Seems to be well liked by everyone I know who knows him in the sports world, who just roll their eyes at his punditry, but he's just a guy trying to make a name for himself with troll-like approaches to topics. Take him seriously and you're putting more thought into it than he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cesaro in a slick suit knocking f*ckers out while Nattie looks smoking hot in her heel outfits and all the Tyson Kidd is in his douche bag hoodies and giant ear phones being a twat is something I wanna see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I am amazed at how WWE have made Randy Orton far hotter this year than he was in 2014. It is really reminiscent of how Ricky Steamboat returned to challenge Randy Savage before.

Whosthis wrote: »
    How does comparing rugby to wrestling make him bigoted?

What is the definition of a bigot?

A person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

We, as wrestling fans, are of the opinion that wrestling is a great form of entertainment. He, on the other hand, thinks we are all knuckle dragging dopes.

The rugby thing is a whole other scenario. It's a separate paragraph in his article. As it is in my comment.

AJ Lee's name isn't mentioned once in Daniel Bryan's forthcoming audiobiography. Think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    AJ Lee's name isn't mentioned once in Daniel Bryan's forthcoming audiobiography. Think about that.

I'm sure AJ doesn't care. And why is DB writing an autobiography ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Why wouldn't he?

Money?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

His career has peaked, it's helping midcarders from now on. Like Brock writing a book right before getting smashed in the UFC!

I'm surprised she wasn't mentioned, how petty are WWE! They could've just put a post-it note over... Never mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

What do little kids think when they hear half the arena yelling about how Cena sucks? The little kids who like John Cena, anyway. If their dad thinks he sucks, their older brothers thinks he sucks, all the adults around them, even, how do kids not get swept up in that particular opinion?

If it's just that the new generation of kids have integrity of belief, I'm impressed, but I'm interested in the psychology of that divide over Cena nonetheless.

My guess would be that the majority of adults (at house shows anyway) aren't interested in wrestling and are simply chaperoning their children & their friends (so it's strangers that think Cena sucks). Also, kids would see it as an 'assault' on their favourite wrestler, making them more pro-Cena.

I know he's super-humble and not an attention-craving egomaniac, but I can't help thinking Daniel Bryan is happy with his mid-card position as he hasn't got much time left on the clock. He never had major neck/shoulder surgery but I don't believe he's fully healed/healthy. He may have to retire in a year or two and he's already come to terms with it. As he's already peaked (winning the Main event of WM30) the best thing he can do for the company is make new stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I can't remember if it was aimed at Cena or Reigns but there was a "YOU CANT WRESTLE" chant on Raw a couple months ago. The kids responded quite loudly with something like "YES HE CAN". It made me laugh and root for the kids at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement