Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I know he's super-humble and not an attention-craving egomaniac, but I can't help thinking Daniel Bryan is happy with his mid-card position as he hasn't got much time left on the clock. He never had major neck/shoulder surgery but I don't believe he's fully healed/healthy. He may have to retire in a year or two and he's already come to terms with it. As he's already peaked (winning the Main event of WM30) the best thing he can do for the company is make new stars.

In wrestler years I wouldn't even say he's peaked quite yet. Wrestlers tend to do their best work around mid-30s. He's a couple of years off that yet. Wanting to elevate others is really noble but you have to keep up the idea that Bryan is someone you wouldn't want to f*ck with, too, otherwise beating him doesn't mean as much. Although pretty much every indication ever given says he's a nice guy, a bit of an edge wouldn't hurt either from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He's wrecked and done physically. Sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Meltzer has twice now, on Observer radio, coyly referred to Cena using the springboard stunner and Austin's reaction to it not being a coincidence.

Potential Mania match for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Watching old Jeff Jarrett matches is infuriating. Every time I'm like "Oh, this is actually a pretty good match" and then all the nonsense kicks in. Every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

WWE are really scraping the barrel coming up with match ideas aren't they. A Russian chain match? That's the best they could come up with? I would have booked a table match or something. That way there would still be a feeling that Rusev could win, even if it's controversial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Whats the problem with a Russian chain match? It'll be like every other chain/strap match in WWE history Rusev drags a knocked out Cena to the turnbuckles and doesnt see Cena touch them after him, at fourth turnbuckle Cena turns the tables and touches first! Doesnt mean it wont be a really good match

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lol I think you just explained why people aren't happy with a 'Russian' chain match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

True I suppose but I dunno maybe its just me but I think it'll be fun

If WWE want to go the nationalistic route, why not a North Korean character? If they want to go with cheap heat like that, it seems an evergreen choice. NK guy could call the audience western, bourgeois pigs, and Cena could rip into Kim Jong Un for some laugh-pops. Bit dark, maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

briany wrote: »
    If WWE want to go the nationalistic route, why not a North Korean character? If they want to go with cheap heat like that, it seems an evergreen choice. NK guy could call the audience western, bourgeois pigs, and Cena could rip into Kim Jong Un for some laugh-pops. Bit dark, maybe?

If Hideo ends up with a gimmick like this I will hunt you down :)

• Advertisement

If Hideo ends up with a gimmick like this I will hunt you down :)

OK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

My thought is that this thread should be named "Random sports entertainment thoughts "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

"I'm gonna send you straight....to concentration camp"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Watching old Jeff Jarrett matches is infuriating. Every time I'm like "Oh, this is actually a pretty good match" and then all the nonsense kicks in. Every time.

Whenever I think of old Jeff Jarrett matches I always think of my mother saying 'He's an awful bollowax that Charles'. Why she called him Charles I dunno :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Don't know if it's been said yet, but it seems WWE has taken to calling the IWC, the Internet Sports Entertainment Community(ISEC). Vince is the best troll ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Despite all of the criticism he gets and calls for him to step down and let Triple H run the show, I still think Vince is the greatest magician of all time and want him to keep on rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

didn't know where else to post this but Rovert....if you are out there, I just saw your retweet of Booker T's latest status (I don't even want to post it here)

what in the holy hell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

didn't know where else to post this but Rovert....if you are out there, I just saw your retweet of Booker T's latest status (I don't even want to post it here)

what in the holy hell?

Can you not ask on Twitter. Some KKK guy hacked his Twitter a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    Can you not ask on Twitter.

Sorry, boards is just less obvious in work (for some reason)
    Some KKK guy hacked his Twitter a few years ago

haha good god!!

I'm after looking at his Twitter feed there now guys and I don't understand what it is you could be referring to, did his account retweet something racist or inappropriate earlier on today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    My thought is that this thread should be named "Random sports entertainment thoughts "

Vince won't be happy with the BEEB they call BNB a 'wrestling star' rather than sports entertainer in his predictions versus Lawro this week.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/32276357

I'm after looking at his Twitter feed there now guys and I don't understand what it is you could be referring to, did his account retweet something racist or inappropriate earlier on today?

https://twitter.com/Grahame_Herbert/status/589005972078735360

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sports-entertainment-mania!

Internally Wrestling matches are no longer Wrestling Matches the new buzzword is "Live Action Entertainment Performances".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Internally Wrestling matches are no longer Wrestling Matches the new buzzword is "Live Action Entertainment Performances".

Genuinely don't know if your running with the joke or serious such is wwe these days. :rolleyes:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Genuinely don't know if your running with the joke or serious such is wwe these days. :rolleyes:

WWE has been doing this for about 20 years.

They've been referring to them as such, or they have been doing things similar to this for years?

They've been referring to them as such, or they have been doing things similar to this for years?

Running away from calling it Wrestling or using Wrestling/carny lingo.

• Advertisement

If they were going to get the kind of mainstream acceptance they wanted, it would have happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement