Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Goldust can be Goldust when they have their mixed tag match in this version of the feud then. I really don't see the point in them breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If it means we get Lana in a bikini similar to Sable's, I'm sure many will see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Rusev = Marc Mero...... Lana = Sable storyline coming I guess.

Does this mean that Lana is going to powerbomb Rusev one of these days.

Is Rusev going to shack up with Alicia Fox or Naomi for a while as well, and start wearing red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Id like to see them redo an old storyline.................remember Tazz started picking on JR and Jerry Lawler had to defend him and they had a match at SummerSlam 2000. Well Id like to see a heel start to pick on Cole and for a few weeks JBL would find it funny but slowly he would start to get annoyed by it until eventually he comes to Coles aid. Only difference is I would have the heel go over JBL somehow but still have ppl realise you can only go so far with Cole before JBL will say enough.

Looking at the roster only guys I could see working as the heel in that situation would be Adam Rose, Bo Dallas or maybe Stardust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

LeeJM wrote: »
    Id like to see them redo an old storyline.................remember Tazz started picking on JR and Jerry Lawler had to defend him and they had a match at SummerSlam 2000. Well Id like to see a heel start to pick on Cole and for a few weeks JBL would find it funny but slowly he would start to get annoyed by it until eventually he comes to Coles aid. Only difference is I would have the heel go over JBL somehow but still have ppl realise you can only go so far with Cole before JBL will say enough.

Looking at the roster only guys I could see working as the heel in that situation would be Adam Rose, Bo Dallas or maybe Stardust

Sheamus comes to my mind. He could get his lead pipe out again. Or maybe Wade Barrett even.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

When Lucha Underground was only six or seven episodes in and I was hearing about how great it was I watched the first three. Didn't see what the big deal was and just gave up figuring I watch enough wrestling as it is. Anyway I've watched the last couple of episodes and my random thought is I'm 100% in on Lucha Underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sheamus comes to my mind. He could get his lead pipe out again. Or maybe Wade Barrett even.

Only if Sheamus takes exception to something Michael Cole said because Sheamus' gimmick is that he's sick of all the underdogs having run of the place and that wouldn't make sense to be extended to commentator as they're not (typically) involved in 'competition' of the WWE.

Also, instead of JBL, Booker would be a better shout, I think, as he's a face commentator whereas JBL is, ostensibly, a heel one and should be kept that way.

He isn't really a heel one though, is he? He just does a severely watered down version of the ass-kissing that Jerry Lawler used to do whenever any of the McMahons came to the ring. I love the way Michael Cole mentioned Brock Lesnar winning King Of The Ring on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Freebird Rule makes no sense really.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Freebird Rule makes no sense really.

In what sense do you think it doesnt make sense? Personally I love the Freebird Rule when done right

The only way I think it works well is if it's given to a heel group from a heel authority. Gives them an unfair edge. Like the Spirit Squad, they were working for the McMahons and all 5 were allowed to defend it. That was good for a bit of heat. What makes the New Day allowed to do it? I'm not saying I dislike the rule btw, just think it needs a bit of context in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    The only way I think it works well is if it's given to a heel group from a heel authority. Gives them an unfair edge. Like the Spirit Squad, they were working for the McMahons and all 5 were allowed to defend it. That was good for a bit of heat. What makes the New Day allowed to do it? I'm not saying I dislike the rule btw, just think it needs a bit of context in my book.

If you wanted to put a bit of kayfabe to it (Gorilla Monsoon was great for this): maybe they negotiated their title contract as a trio with that a specific request? I dunno, I don't think it's a massive leap and it leads to some fun unpredictability.

I actually dont think it worked for the Spirit Squad as there was way too many variations of the team. I think it works best on a 3 man unit like New Day where the 3 offer something different for all types of title challengers. Big E brings the power and strength, Kofi brings the speed and athleticism and Xavier brings the cunning. Its a great 3 man unit in theory.

Kayfabe wise like Leggo said the contract probably just said New Day not Kofi & Big E of New Day, fairly easy way to explain it.

And IMO the best use of the Freebird Rule was the Jersey Triad of summer 99 in WCW. That just worked so well

LeeJM wrote: »
    I actually dont think it worked for the Spirit Squad as there was way too many variations of the team. I think it works best on a 3 man unit like New Day where the 3 offer something different for all types of title challengers. Big E brings the power and strength, Kofi brings the speed and athleticism and Xavier brings the cunning. Its a great 3 man unit in theory.

Kayfabe wise like Leggo said the contract probably just said New Day not Kofi & Big E of New Day, fairly easy way to explain it.

And IMO the best use of the Freebird Rule was the Jersey Triad of summer 99 in WCW. That just worked so well

Good points, well made. The Jersey Triad was cool in that any of the three could defend it at one time in a match with the stipulation that one man had to be on the floor at all time.

Also I loved Bada Bing, Bada Boom, Bada BANNNGGGGGGGGGG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So is Cesaro ever gonna get a strong singles push? :(

Him catching Big E like a football(knees didnt even buckle!) on Sunday was one of the most impressive displays of strength ive seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    So is Cesaro ever gonna get a strong singles push? :(

Him catching Big E like a football(knees didnt even buckle!) on Sunday was one of the most impressive displays of strength ive seen in a while.

I would assume (hope) so but I would absolutely hold off on it for a while. I'm really enjoying Cesaro & Kidd as a team and while I love them both as singles at least this way they're not going to get lost in the shuffle. The only danger for them is that the rest of the division is so weak that if more teams don't come into the fold they could go the way of Cody & Goldust & The Usos who both lost a tonne of momentum when they were still fighting each other every week for months.

Probably not as bad anymore though with Lucha Dragons, New Day, Prime Time Players reforming, possibly the Ascension but I fear they're dead in the water already. How long is the injured Uso going to be out for?

Considering the amount of singles talent in the upper midcard at the minute I'm personally glad Cesaro is getting a tag team push.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the injured Uso is looking at something like 6 months out, though it's possible they could have overstated it so he could have a surprise early return.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I cant stand watching Raw these days, its just awful.

I think Im going to give up on it for a few months at least to see if its improved. I have had no interest in watching over the last few weeks and havent seen the last 3 shows and im all the better for it.

• Advertisement

Whatever it takes to enjoy the product that WWE, or any wrestling company for that matter, is producing. I have always said it on here, if you don't enjoy watching something, it makes no sense to continue watching it, especially if it used to be so good. I get that sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whatever it takes to enjoy the product that WWE, or any wrestling company for that matter, is producing. I have always said it on here, if you don't enjoy watching something, it makes no sense to continue watching it, especially if it used to be so good. I get that sometimes.

I love WWF/E. I cant watch any other product. Ive tried with New Japan, TNA, ROH and Ive never really got into any of them not matter how good certain parts of their product is. Ill always be a WWE guy and the current product has turned me off. I keep waiting for it to improve and their have been flashes of doing the right thing over the last few months, but they simply dont follow up on any of their good work.

Ill keep my eye on here still but for now, Im not watching Raw. Maybe Ill pick it up again in the run up to MITB which is a few months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's basically a never ending cycle of the same angles, segments and matches over and over.

The actual in ring work is generally very solid. You don't get too many bad matches. Creatively the product is 1993-1995 bad. Perhaps even worse. It's incredibly frustrating.

I've watched LU for weeks now. It's bloody brilliant. NXT is NXT and TNA has been solid for a while now.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I love WWF/E. I cant watch any other product. Ive tried with New Japan, TNA, ROH and Ive never really got into any of them not matter how good certain parts of their product is. Ill always be a WWE guy and the current product has turned me off. I keep waiting for it to improve and their have been flashes of doing the right thing over the last few months, but they simply dont follow up on any of their good work.

Ill keep my eye on here still but for now, Im not watching Raw. Maybe Ill pick it up again in the run up to MITB which is a few months away.
    I hear what you're saying, and likewise, I would self-identify as a major Vince apologist usually. However, I do try to take the positives out of every situation I guess. I fully agree with you when you say it isn't as good as it has been in the past. But then, if I really rack my brains, I probably wish it was mid 1992 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

For the last while I've just been watching the YouTube clips they put up of raw and then watch the ppv each month.

I honestly don't feel I'm missing out on anything I can't remember the last time I saw a YouTube clip and thought 'ah I wish I had seen that on the show'.

The 3 hour raw is a killer but as long as they're getting money to produce it they will continue so I'm not holding out hope of a 2 hour raw anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Listening to a Review a Wai Podcast atm....**** TNA's scary voiceover guy was unintentionally awesome :cool:

Bit of a prediction, I think The Young Bucks will sign for WWE within the next 2 years and skip NXT and be pushed as a major deal right from the get go. Possibly even as part of a stable alongside Kevin Owens or some other heel

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

No one gets to skip NXT, nor should they.

I really don't think some people should be forced to do it. Samoa Joe hardly needs to go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's not the wrestling that needs training (though WWE obviously like guys to focus on certain things above others), it's everything else. Working TV matches is a completely different animal to normal matches, for a start. Only TNA really would've offered lads any kind of comparison and, even then, given the companies' vastly different schedules I'd imagine WWE's in a different league with their requirements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement