Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

LeeJM wrote: »
    Bit of a prediction, I think The Young Bucks will sign for WWE within the next 2 years and skip NXT and be pushed as a major deal right from the get go. Possibly even as part of a stable alongside Kevin Owens or some other heel

Heard this on a Podcast this week fess up.

Not happening if there's an act that needs retooling for WWE TV it is the Bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

rovert wrote: »
    Heard this on a Podcast this week fess up.

Not happening if there's an act that needs retooling for WWE TV it is the Bucks.

Which podcast? Honestly didnt hear it elsewhere just a thought I had this morning :p

And what I meant by skip NXT was not have them on NXT tv. By all means have them at the performance centre and even work NXT live events but personally I wouldnt put them on NXT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I had a thing in my head where I remembered Jerry Lawler being good on commentary. However, since I got the network it seems like it was more a case of he had a lull of not being completely awful, and it was JR being better that made Lawler seem better.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was just thinking is Sheamus HoF worthy if he was to retire tomorrow. (Not that he will)

3 time World Champ, RR winner, King of the Ring, 2 time US Champ.

I'd say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was just thinking is Sheamus HoF worthy if he was to retire tomorrow. (Not that he will)

3 time World Champ, RR winner, King of the Ring, 2 time US Champ.

I'd say yes.

Well yes he is as koko b ware is in so he's a shoe in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Angron wrote: »
    I had a thing in my head where I remembered Jerry Lawler being good on commentary. However, since I got the network it seems like it was more a case of he had a lull of not being completely awful, and it was JR being better that made Lawler seem better.

Lawler was always hit or miss on commentary as I always tell people go back and watch his Memphis stuff to see the real Lawler he really was one of the best promo and babyface of all time.

Like this episode of Memphis TV for example were Ric Flair comes in for an appearance as the travelling NWA champion and Lawler confronts him,seriously this is one of my favorite self contained hour of wrestling TV ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It annoys me that now that Rusev has been beaten suddenly he will become beatable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It annoys me that now that Rusev has been beaten suddenly he will become beatable.

Ryback pinned him clean this weekend. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've been saying this since he debuted. When Rusev was beaten, he'd become a "Every Bigman Ever".

They do this every single time.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've been saying this since he debuted. When Rusev was beaten, he'd become a "Every Bigman Ever".

They do this every single time.

Well they need to make the guy strong when he debuts so having him go undefeated is the right thing to do IMO. But unless they keep him undefeated(which isn't going to happen) then once he loses he will never look as strong as he did at the start of his run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He's in huge trouble if they go through with the Lana break-up too. Like Ascension dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well they need to make the guy strong when he debuts so having him go undefeated is the right thing to do IMO. But unless they keep him undefeated(which isn't going to happen) then once he loses he will never look as strong as he did at the start of his run.

I've no problem with him being undefeated.it's what happens after being beaten for the first time I have the problem with. All of a sudden, the once unbeatable monster is getting beat left right and center by everybody.it happens every time.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've no problem with him being undefeated.it's what happens after being beaten for the first time I have the problem with. All of a sudden, the once unbeatable monster is getting beat left right and center by everybody.it happens every time.

I know it happens all the time but im trying to think has it ever worked well where the unstoppable monster loses and then doesn't completely lose his push ? It seems like it's a catch 22 situation in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lesnar, Reigns and Wyatt are three current guys who got the unbeatable treatment after their debut and all are doing alright. Rusev will be fine, he's too talented and offers them too much to fall by the wayside. Guys who flop after the big loss tend to be guys whose popularity was tied into their push rather than their talent. Kane is a perfect example of this, people love him when he's pushed right, then he's meh as **** when not.

Spot on. I have no worries about Rusev. He isnt Ryback or Ludvig Borga. Rusev gets it, he understands how to work and wasnt over cos he was undefeated he was/is over cos he has talent. He has lost to Cena, its not like Titus O'Neil just beat him in 3 mins on Superstars.

IF Cena beats him in the I Quit match I dont care cos its Cena. The next night on Raw I'd just have Rusev rampage through either a load of midcarders interrupting a few matches till Reigns stops him or I'd have him leave Reigns lying after a vicious beat down. Rusev isnt all of a sudden gonna be the new Nikolai Volkov just cos Cena has a winning record against him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Lawler was always hit or miss on commentary as I always tell people go back and watch his Memphis stuff to see the real Lawler he really was one of the best promo and babyface of all time.

Like this episode of Memphis TV for example were Ric Flair comes in for an appearance as the travelling NWA champion and Lawler confronts him,seriously this is one of my favorite self contained hour of wrestling TV ever

It's just I've been watching a lot of the Attitude era stuff, and there kind of a lot of kinda racist stuff. Even small things like the fact that he kept insisting on saying Kaientai were from China during one of the Rumbles when JR was correcting him. It's trying to be heel in the worst way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

The bad guy being racist is fine as long as there's someone to call them on it. JR foaming at the mouth for Muhammad Hassan to get out of the US when the man is talking about being American. Oof.

And getting an Italian to play Asian American...

http://meredithvieirashow.com/videos/lunch-box-hero-a-wwe-surprise/

Dunno if this is the right place to put this but Neville randomly appearing on an American tv show. Also shows why WWE are brilliant

I'm just watching Unforgiven 2000 on the network, Al Snow coming out as the US Champ where he pretends to be from various European countries. I just thought it's kinda funny that more Europeans won the US championship than won the European one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

LeeJM wrote: »
    http://meredithvieirashow.com/videos/lunch-box-hero-a-wwe-surprise/

Dunno if this is the right place to put this but Neville randomly appearing on an American tv show. Also shows why WWE are brilliant

Big fan of Neville but when he walked down the aisle and nobody really reacted I couldn't help but think of what Kevin Nash said about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan and how it really applies to Neville also:
    they could both walk through airports and not be noticed unless they have a gimmick shirt on and the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would have loved it if there was even an ounce of truth to the Vince buying Newcastle rumours, would have been all sorts of entertaining. tbh compared to how the club has been doing I'd say many Newcastle fans would have too

I would have loved it if there was even an ounce of truth to the Vince buying Newcastle rumours, would have been all sorts of entertaining. tbh compared to how the club has been doing I'd say many Newcastle fans would have too

My brother has stopped supporting the club and hopes they lose every week and has been like that since the start of the Premiership season, but that's for a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Whenever someone mentions how Brock Lesnar brings some legitimacy to the WWE, all I can think is "yes its fake, but this guy used to be a real fighter"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Whenever someone mentions how Brock Lesnar brings some legitimacy to the WWE, all I can think is "yes its fake, but this guy used to be a real fighter"

To be fair, even though it's fake I still think it's better having a champion who you could believe is actually an ass kicker. Lesnar looks like, and is, a legitimately world class athlete. In comparison, I never bought The Miz as champion because he looks, and came across like, a bit of a dweeb with no legitimate background in combat, or any kind of, sport that I'm aware of.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One of the good wrestling Facebook pages shared a video yesterday of Austin returning and kicking Alliance ass during the Invasion. He had more presence just walking to the ring than 95% of what's around now, Lesnar being the first obvious exeption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

An File wrote: »
    One of the good wrestling Facebook pages shared a video yesterday of Austin returning and kicking Alliance ass during the Invasion. He had more presence just walking to the ring than 95% of what's around now, Lesnar being the first obvious exeption.

JR's commentary made that moment so much more memorable... "STONE COLD IS STRIKING ANYTHING THAT BY GOD MOVES!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Just watching a Nigel McGuinness compilation DVD, the state of Chris Hero's gear in one of these matches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that this fool got a Randy Orton nameplate on the WCW Title, not the WWE version. I'm actually raging about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZfavnfJp4&spfreload=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

How the hell does The Rock get up at 4 or 5am and do a mad workout then go filming or whatever he does for the day? I woke about 4am this morning, tossed and turned for a few hours before getting up and I've been wrecked all day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's all that white fish he eats, for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement