Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I won't hear a bad word said about the Metallica Bassist, 6 foot 9, 1000lb bodyslamming biggest draw in the wrestling business, with the largest arms in the world. Dude:P:P:P

His latest was that he was asked to enter the original UFC Tournament :o
    He'd have battered Royce tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Maybe Hogan's like that one kid at school who claims he spent the summer working security for Destiny's Child and "99'd" all 3 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hulk Hogan 2015

Mod Edit: Picture with obscene text.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The reason Vince loves Kane and The Big Show and the reason they are still top of the card is the simply don't get injured.

Vince put the belts on Punk and Bryan in the last few years and has one left and one may never wrestle again and it looks like Seth is already under pressure for not drawing with the title on him.

This could be the end of the small guy World Champion for awhile when Seth drops the belt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Big Show has been injured and removed from TV many times. Mark Henry is always injured. Big guys are often hurt

I think he likes them is people who don't always watch, know who they are (Taker, HBK etc are allgone now).

At live events, media events people are wowed by the size of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My father would be a casual, and if flicking through the channels he'd only stay on wrestling if someone like Big Show was on.

He was the only person in the world to not get bored during every Big Show v Sheamus match

My father would be a casual, and if flicking through the channels he'd only stay on wrestling if someone like Big Show was on.

He was the only person in the world to not get bored during every Big Show v Sheamus match

Millions of people used to tune in for Giant Haystacks v. Big Daddy, and I don't think the world has moved on so much that casuals will no longer be entertained by two big men (pretend) fighting.

I see a lot of people knocking Big Show on the Internet and I think it's pretty hypocritical for the most part because a lot of those same people wouldn't say a bad word about Andre. Show looks like Bret Hart compared to the last 15 years or so of Andre's career and Andre remained a main event attraction a fair way after he has no business being in a ring due to his acromegaly.

Dean Ambrose the lunatic fringe is that a rib on his receding hairline.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

briany wrote: »
    Millions of people used to tune in for Giant Haystacks v. Big Daddy, and I don't think the world has moved on so much that casuals will no longer be entertained by two big men (pretend) fighting.

I see a lot of people knocking Big Show on the Internet and I think it's pretty hypocritical for the most part because a lot of those same people wouldn't say a bad word about Andre. Show looks like Bret Hart compared to the last 15 years or so of Andre's career and Andre remained a main event attraction a fair way after he has no business being in a ring due to his acromegaly.

Yeah, you have to think that for people who aren't totally in-tune with what wrestling is, they watch it on occasion for something completely different. And if they see the likes of Bryan or Rollins, even if they're ripped to shreds or doing something amazing, they still see normal guys. "I could look like/do that if I tried hard enough" etc, which is ridiculous but still. Big Show, Kane etc are natural freaks in terms of their size so that fascinates people. Plus they're steady hands who have years of knowledge and are worth keeping around as long as they want to work with younger talent, as I've said here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

bur wrote: »
    Come on, of course he uses them. Not judging him either, i'm sure he's as safe with it as it's possible to be given the resources and expertise he has access to.

But yeah, you need steroids to maintain the kind of physique he has.
    Prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Prove it.

Are you legitimately asking somebody to prove a Hollywood star uses steroids? Can you not just say I disagree and until he himself or somebody from his inner circle admits it then I wont believe it?

How do you expect Bur to prove it? Have a picture of The Rock with a needle stuck in his arse? Come on seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Prove it.
    Prove he doesn't. Two can play this game.

Prove it.

From October 30, 2014

In an interview with Forbes magazine, Johnson comes clean on being clean.
    Indeed, Johnson’s body is the stuff of CGI fantasy. At 6-foot-5, 250 pounds, with biceps the size of your skull, he looks even bigger than when he wrestled. “Training is my anchor,” he says. “Being on a regimented schedule, setting a goal, failing at a goal. It’s the philosophies of being an athlete that carry me today.” He’s so shredded and veiny in photos from the gym that critics in online forums accuse him of using steroids. Johnson has said he hasn’t touched them since he was 18, when he tried them before college. “Sure, you get a lot of people out there who will suspect, and say ****,” he says. “They want to negate the hard work you put in.” Judging by his diet, it’s hard to think he cuts corners. He chugs protein shakes (he calls them “liquid crack”) and eats five or six meals a day, each protein, fat, and carbohydrate tallied.

http://fortune.com/2014/10/30/dwayne-johnson-best-advice-entertainment-star/

Maybe he will be the next host of Ripley's Believe It or Not!

I don't really have an opinion on it either way, I'd just like to point out. I just don't think we should be saying something with such certainty if he hasn't been caught out or acknowledged it himself. He certainly seems to put in a lot of work to maintain his physique.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Prove it.
    LeeJM wrote: »
    How do you expect Bur to prove it? Have a picture of The Rock with a needle stuck in his arse? Come on seriously
    Prove he doesn't. Two can play this game.
    Prove it.

Christ lads, if you can't discuss without a topic without provoking another, don't bother. Moving on...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

You can't physically train the amount that he has to to maintain his physique without help. It's not a slight on him, all PEDs do is allow you to train harder and push your body further.

I'm amazed that anyone could be credulous otherwise.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster is well worth a watch on Netflix if you have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Palo Alto wrote: »
    You can't physically train the amount that he has to to maintain his physique without help.

Even moreso into your 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »

Maybe he has the testosterone of a bull... perhaps a Brahma Bull...

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Christ lads, if you can't discuss without a topic without provoking another, don't bother. Moving on...
    Apologies Jay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Maybe he has the testosterone of a bull... perhaps a Brahma Bull...

Then why does Bull Dempsey look so....so....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Then why does Bull Dempsey look so....so....

Manly?

Ah, Bull Dempsey. The wrestler that makes my girlfriend look at me and shake her head when he comes on.

Ah, Bull Dempsey. The wrestler that makes my girlfriend look at me and shake her head when he comes on.

Bull Dempsey has a gut on him. He's muscle-fat, like Owens. They look like they could be those big strong, fat guys you see working for UPS if you sheared the hair/beards. Neck ridge city.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Book this guy on commentary!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »

Next people are going to be saying that Stallone and Schwarzenegger were taking something doing movies......oh wait....I see a trend here....:o
    Honestly who cares he's not playing competitive sports and enhancing his performance or endangering anyone but himself.

Speaking of steroids, did anyone get into any arguments in the wake of the Benoit tragedy when your friends or family parroted the tabloid opinion - "Steroids = murder/suicide"?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

briany wrote: »
    Speaking of steroids, did anyone get into any arguments in the wake of the Benoit tragedy when your friends or family parroted the tabloid opinion - "Steroids = murder/suicide"?

Not being American it wasn't plastered all over the news in Ireland iirc so only really wrestling fans I know were all a buzz over that controversy and in general (a few exceptions of course) wrestling fans were not the ones jumping to that conclusion from my experience .

Not being American it wasn't plastered all over the news in Ireland iirc so only really wrestling fans I know were all a buzz over that controversy and in general (a few exceptions of course) wrestling fans were not the ones jumping to that conclusion from my experience .

It had some coverage in the Irish news. Columns in the mainstream papers at least. There might have been a small bit on it in the 6.01 as well, but I could be remembering that wrong. Enough, anyway, for the non-initiated to see it and go, 'Steroids. Case solved.'. Then you'd try to tell them about the wellness policy, or that they hadn't even got a toxicology report, or even the talk of multiple concussions and the effect that it can have on the brain, all falling on deaf ears. I, stupidly, have gotten involved in some arguments over it......:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Prime Time Players aren't funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement