Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

LeeJM wrote: »
    Big Dave just put Rovert over on the twitter, dont think his credentials will be questioned on here again :P

Twice! Had to retweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

LeeJM wrote: »
    Big Dave just put Rovert over on the twitter, dont think his credentials will be questioned on here again :P

Rovert right now:

10106270.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Really liking John Cena's run with the US title and his open challenge. Never thought that John Cena's segment would become a highlight of Raw, but there you go.

"You want some? COOOOOOME GET SOME! " :D

But, although Cena has done a good job elevating the belt, it remains to be seen how that will remain the case when he drops it. It's in danger of becoming a part of his gimmick rather than something that would elevate the holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

and i love how owens shot it down on NXT last night saying he does it out of insecurity brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

briany wrote: »
    Really liking John Cena's run with the US title and his open challenge. Never thought that John Cena's segment would become a highlight of Raw, but there you go.

"You want some? COOOOOOME GET SOME! " :D

But, although Cena has done a good job elevating the belt, it remains to be seen how that will remain the case when he drops it. It's in danger of becoming a part of his gimmick rather than something that would elevate the holder.

They could easily use this boost to give it some real meaning whenever he drops it, if it's handled well.

Will they, though? Nah. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unless he loses it through cheating and loses the rematch the same way, then I can see it being relegated again.

I do find myself just fast forwarding through his speech until he actually announces the open challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It all depends on who he drops it too and if creative give a toss about him

If he drops it to Ambrose, Barrett, Neville, Ziggler, Miz, Ryback, R Truth or anyone similar it will be business as usual for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    And Alter Bridge are awesome

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

:confused:
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Is Samoa Joe keeping his name, do you think, or will we get one of those presentations where his name morphs into something else ala Hideo Itami? Joe's a pretty big brand, but bigger than the indy darlings who have come before? Big enough to keep his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I know Samoa Joe is pretty old now, but i would love to see him get a nice run with WWE. Maybe even a shot in the main event scene and WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Personally I think he has what it takes, and there is a multitude of fresh feuds for him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

He wouldnt have debuted as Samoa Joe with a theme song similar to his TNA song unless he was keeping his name. Also there was Samoa Joe merch in the WWE shop within hours of his debut. So yea hes keeping his name

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joe & Owens having matches with Lesnar would be awesome some straight up old school fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

leggo wrote: »
    They could easily use this boost to give it some real meaning whenever he drops it, if it's handled well.

Will they, though? Nah. :pac:

Retire it with Cena and merge the US belt with the IC title at Summerslam. Plz, WWE? Plz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

On paper Test & Albert should have been a really good team

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watching the royal rumble 2013 and its displayed two things that annoy me which are the rumble not being on last and the champ not being second out. I know the main event was the rock punk but still. Less of that wwe. Less

Ridley wrote: »
    Retire it with Cena and merge the US belt with the IC title at Summerslam. Plz, WWE? Plz?

I'd be in favour of keeping both belts, but make one specific to Raw and one to Smackdown. It would open things up a bit. All they're using Smackdown for right now is to restate the plot points of the preceding Raw. There's absolutely no progression there, so if they could segue into it being a show where mid-carders can get some proper exposition and the main event be a hot match for number 1 contendership to the IC title, say, the overall product would be better off. Obviously it would need to be a transition, as pulling the top names off of Smackdown suddenly would hurt ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I wonder is Balor a bit miffed that Zayn, Owens, and Neville have all been on Raw and he's yet to debut...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

veganrun wrote: »
    I wonder is Balor a bit miffed that Zayn, Owens, and Neville have all been on Raw and he's yet to debut...?

Zayn and Neville had put in a long stint on NXT in fairness and the former has only had the one proper appearance. Owens just jumped the queue due to being as good a heel as there is in the company. I'd like to see him get called up soon though he could get a bit stale in NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Pentecost wrote: »
    Zayn and Neville had put in a long stint on NXT in fairness and the former has only had the one proper appearance. Owens just jumped the queue due to being as good a heel as there is in the company. I'd like to see him get called up soon though he could get a bit stale in NXT.

He's a great heel, and one I actually want to see get a kicking. The problem is, the WWE version of a "kicking" doesn't really satisfy me and make me feel like the heel got what he deserved. Well, unless Lesnar sends him to Suplex City :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What Owens can do and what WWE should do with him is clear as day since his first NXT takeover match.

They would gain nothing keeping him in NXT. He was hitting everything bang on straight away.

Its not a real surprise that Owens, who can fill a heel void quickly and can talk would get promoted so quickly.

Owens v. Lesnar at Wrestlemania next year would be quite the match. Two self-proclaimed prize fighters and they're building Owens a bit like a mini-Lesnar, so it would be interesting to Lesnar come back to show everyone who's boss, only to walk into a fairly evenly contested match.

Everyone is crying out publicly for a match with Lesnar (Sheamus, Ryback etc) but I could actually see Owens being one of the few to get it. I dunno if it's box office enough for Mania - though obviously we'd all love it - but I could see it at the Rumble or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

One thing for certain any way is Ryback is nowhere near Lesnar at the moment

Owens would be a weird one i mean who would take up heel/face thing .....It's not like Owens is going to bully Lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

One thing for certain any way is Ryback is nowhere near Lesnar at the moment

Owens would be a weird one i mean who would take up heel/face thing .....It's not like Owens is going to bully Lesnar

No but as posted above Owens could wind people up and be so much of a bully to others that they're dying to see him get the snot beat out of him by someone and who better than Brock? He'd be the de facto face in that scenario. They could have Owens mouthing off about Lesnar or something to give him a motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ever wonder about matches that were advertised and never happened? Here's a quirky enough video that shows promo pics for bouts announced but, for whatever reason, didn't take place. Look at number 4, Brock Lesnar vs Steve Austin in a KOTR Qualifying match in 2002, mad looking. Also a fatal 4 way of Undertaker vs Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold, STAR POWER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

austinlesnar2-1024x775.png

What does Hogan really think of the whole Axelmania gimmick, I wonder? Does he think it's cheapening his own gimmick or that those pops should be his?

Never been much of a fan of imitation gimmicks. Even Lethal's Macho/Flair impression only had so much legs

• Advertisement

austinlesnar2-1024x775.png

That's still such an insane match to give away on Raw though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement