Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Let them do it in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone else sigh in frustration/utter ****ing hell when Big Show returned and initiated YET ANOTHER FACE TURN

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I HATE it when every time anyone pulls off a remotely impact move and when they go for a cover and Coles goes "and for the win" when it's clear as day it'll be a kickout at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone else sigh in frustration/utter ****ing hell when Big Show returned and initiated YET ANOTHER FACE TURN

Did you jump for joy when this happened Omackeral? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did you jump for joy when this happened Omackeral? :)

I was like

24bc0619280f845554a19159552d254d-the-official-face-of-wrestlemania-30.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's probably been said before, but if/when Dean Ambrose turns heel. I hope he goes back to the ring attire he wore in FCW, the trunks and denim jacket. Hell he could go back to it now, but I don't think he will.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I watched the Heyman Austin podcast last night and maybe it's just me but i have no interest in seeing Austin hobble around in the ring against Lesnar in the main event of WM32. Texas deathmatch or not.

I just can't see it being a good match. I would have rather if Owens faced Lesnar at WM instead but you have to worry once Cena gets his win back and more likely than not gets the win in the third match as well, where does Owens go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

If they're sensible Owens will kill Cena in the rematch.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    If they're sensible Owens will kill Cena in the rematch.

Exactly. He should destroy him. He has nothing to prove now. Do as he did to Sami in their rematch on the NXT Takeover special. Total destruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Loughc wrote: »
    I watched the Heyman Austin podcast last night and maybe it's just me but i have no interest in seeing Austin hobble around in the ring against Lesnar in the main event of WM32. Texas deathmatch or not.

I just can't see it being a good match. I would have rather if Owens faced Lesnar at WM instead but you have to worry once Cena gets his win back and more likely than not gets the win in the third match as well, where does Owens go from here?

Not just you.

Odds are stacked against Austin - he looks like he has been inflated with a bicycle pump. He is stuck in an old mindset where a DDT is a finish to a match and you sell a headlock like death.

Brock Lesnar has great matches when he's suplexing people into the middle of next week but Austin wouldn't be taken 16 German suplxes. His weapons filled gimmick matches with Triple H sucked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ageyev wrote: »
    Not just you.

Odds are stacked against Austin - he looks like he has been inflated with a bicycle pump. He is stuck in an old mindset where a DDT is a finish to a match and you sell a headlock like death.

Brock Lesnar has great matches when he's suplexing people into the middle of next week but Austin wouldn't be taken 16 German suplxes. His weapons filled gimmick matches with Triple H sucked.

As far as his old mindset goes, it's just basic psychology. When Dolph Ziggler used that DDT on Neville a while back, he said it should have been the finish to the match. He wasn't wrong there tbh, that DDT was awesome and looked more devastating than his Zig Zag finisher. Also wrestlers should sell a lot more during their matches, even if it is a headlock. There's a lack of psychology in wrestling these days where wrestlers tend to be less about selling, and more about getting their spots/moves in.

As for you're other comment below. Didn't he take a ton of German suplexes from Chris Benoit during an epic match they had back in 2001. Not saying he could do it now but you never know really. It depends on what ring shape Austin is in during the match. Either way Lesnar Vs Austin is an interesting match nonetheless. But I feel Austin should use this match to put some new wrestler over and help elevate him. Would be nice to see him put over Bray Wyatt, since he seems pretty high on the Wyatts.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    As far as his old mindset goes, it's just basic psychology. When Dolph Ziggler used that DDT on Neville a while back, he said it should have been the finish to the match. He wasn't wrong there tbh, that DDT was awesome and looked more devastating than his Zig Zag finisher. Also wrestlers should sell a lot more during their matches, even if it is a headlock. There's a lack of psychology in wrestling these days where wrestlers tend to be less about selling, and more about getting their spots/moves in.

As for you're other comment below. Didn't he take a ton of German suplexes from Chris Benoit during an epic match they had back in 2001. Not saying he could do it now but you never know really. It depends on what ring shape Austin is in during the match. Either way Lesnar Vs Austin is an interesting match nonetheless. But I feel Austin should use this match to put some new wrestler over and help elevate him. Would be nice to see him put over Bray Wyatt, since he seems pretty high on the Wyatts.

Yeah he took 10 Germans on Smackdown in 2001 though he was in bits - I think as a result of a table bump from Booker T.

Afaik WWE have never booked a Texas Deathmatch during the VKM era, lots of last man standing matches which I think are often quite poor due to the slow 10 count pacing.

Austin wants to draw money and his involvement would almost certainly help them sellout. If they went with Lesnar/Austin as he main event and got two million Network subs then the point will have been proven but 'drawing power' on the network vs PPV is a different model. They have said on the investor conference calls that the Austin podcast got loads of hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

briany wrote: »
    What does Hogan really think of the whole Axelmania gimmick, I wonder? Does he think it's cheapening his own gimmick or that those pops should be his?

Never been much of a fan of imitation gimmicks. Even Lethal's Macho/Flair impression only had so much legs

he's not done that bad at doing that himself tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I would love to see Austin have one more match ...and against Lesnar that would be great, But Austin would have to take the loss that's the only thing how **** would it look if someone out of the ring for years came back for one match and beat the Beast that they have built

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Itssoeasy wrote: »

he's not done that bad at doing that himself tbf.

When Hogan comes back these days it's usually a special one-night-only type of deal, so when I say cheapening the gimmick I mean kind of mocking it a little bit and also desensitizing fans to the Hogan brand. Hogan's one of those guys who you have to think lives for the big pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Anyone else see the latest Game of Thrones episode?

The Undertaker suffered gimmick infingement at the end.

The head White Walker who is a walking dead man lifted up his arms just like Taker and the dead rose up.

WWE needs to sue them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'd like to think that Austin would be in good shape for a WrestleMania 32 match as he seems to always be in the gym and has 10 months to get in ring shape. Is it believable for a 50 year old man to beat someone who hasn't been pinned since WrestleMania 29, has beaten the Undertaker's streak and demolished everyone he's come across since? Is there much point in him coming back to lose when he already lost his last match over 10 years ago?

Anyone ever bought any shoot DVDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I tried to get my girlfriend into wrestling by introducing her to total divas. Now when she asks to watch it I pretend to be pissed off because it's reality TV but secretly I love it

Love that psychology brah!

• Advertisement

Anyone ever bought any shoot DVDs?

About ten years ago... Not sure if there's much point to them these days with the myriad of podcasts available.

About ten years ago... Not sure if there's much point to them these days with the myriad of podcasts available.

Which one? Wouldn't mind buying one myself :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

And rampant piracy if we are shooting here.

Kayfabe Commentaries presents: Rovert Shoot Interview 2015!

I really wish the WWE has another in ring wedding and just as the celebrant goes to say I now pronounce you husband and wife have BNB play and "I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you". Instafeud.

Loughc wrote: »
    I really wish the WWE has another in ring wedding and just as the celebrant goes to say I now pronounce you husband and wife have BNB play and "I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you". Instafeud.

Or Kane bursting up through the canvas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Reddits constant flow of "can we all just..." wrestling threads is one of the most cringey trends I have ever seen.

D.Q wrote: »
    Reddits constant flow of "can we all just..." wrestling threads is one of the most cringey trends I have ever seen.

The ones i hate are the "Wow. Just Wow" comments and threads.

That phrase should never be used again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

D.Q wrote: »

Circle jerk and shower thoughts need to go too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Why do you guys go on Reddit if it's so annoying? Not having a go, but just wondering the pros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement