Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Adiboo wrote: »
    The Bellas annoy me while both heel or babyface. Their overly loud moans and groans and general sound effects while in ring just sound so corny horny

What we were all reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Didn't know if this is the best place to post this, but out of boredom in work and a love of wrasslin, I decided to write a blog

http://beakerjoesblog.wordpress.com

I'm not the post knowledgeable fan or anything, but I do love wrestling and decided to at least have a hobby that involves it some how.

I realise my 2 articles aren't great, but I gotta start somewhere and I'd love any critical eye if anyone had a few spare moments.

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What time does the WWE July 4 house show in Tokyo start in GMT? I'm expecting Finn to beat Owens for the NXT title.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I could be wrong but around 630am

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Adiboo wrote: »
    The Bellas annoy me while both heel or babyface. Their overly loud moans and groans and general sound effects while in ring just sound so corny.

I thought the official inside memo went along the lines of their aren't any real babyfaces or heels in the Diva's division? Just a bunch of hormonal, catty women?

But back on my point, yes the Bellas are annoying. I think they realise how annoying they are, though, and play to it. I think the IWC underestimates them as a couple of airheads who don't get it. They do, I think, and you have to say they're doing a good job of hanging onto their spot. As Triple H said in his podcast with Austin, the onstage and backstage goings on contribute, equally, to the perception of a performer in this day and age.

• Advertisement

Does anyone hear have any replica belts?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

What time does the WWE July 4 house show in Tokyo start in GMT? I'm expecting Finn to beat Owens for the NXT title.

Think it's going to be 11:30am our time, which will be pretty sweet to have for a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anyone hear have any replica belts?

Ya. I have the Big Gold Belt, bought it at Mania 26

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ya. I have the Big Gold Belt, bought it at Mania 26

Nice Bro, got any pics?

Nice Bro, got any pics?

Have a look here dude
    http://imgur.com/a/b2j4y

• Advertisement

Have a look here dude
    http://imgur.com/a/b2j4y

Awesome man, loving the people's eyebrow that you're rocking! How much did it cost? I think when/if I get a replica belt I'd get the Intercontinental Belt from 2002 (which my boy "The One" Billy Gunn has kindly offered to show off for us today), I always liked that belt.

411ec3ad109f2367173a507d96b478df.jpg

Awesome man, loving the people's eyebrow that you're rocking! How much did it cost? I think when/if I get a replica belt I'd get the Intercontinental Belt from 2002 (which my boy "The One" Billy Gunn has kindly offered to show off for us today), I always liked that belt.

411ec3ad109f2367173a507d96b478df.jpg

I think it was 350 dollars. They had the spinner belt there too, and that was 399. I always wanted a belt, and hated the spinner. I'd love to have a Winged Eagle, or the Undisputed WWE belt that was around when Eddie beat Lesnar.

I think it was 350 dollars. They had the spinner belt there too, and that was 399. I always wanted a belt, and hated the spinner. I'd love to have a Winged Eagle, or the Undisputed WWE belt that was around when Eddie beat Lesnar.

Nah bro, you gotta buy the Attitude Era WWF Championship so you can be the undisputed champ :D

430fe64cc516b733c079beee3b96800b.jpg

What's Wrestling.ie like? It seems childish enough. l know there's an Irish promotions thread but I feel if I ask there then I'll have some fella from that company telling me lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

What's Wrestling.ie like? It seems childish enough. l know there's an Irish promotions thread but I feel if I ask there then I'll have some fella from that company telling me lies.

Finn Balor used to wrestle for them exclusively afaik. He had a series of matches with Duncan Disorderly before he started st NXT. He praised their professionalism which is pretty high praise from someone like that. Haven't been to a show myself, there is or was some of their matches on Youtube.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Finn Balor used to wrestle for them exclusively afaik. He had a series of matches with Duncan Disorderly before he started st NXT. He praised their professionalism which is pretty high praise from someone like that. Haven't been to a show myself, there is or was some of their matches on Youtube.

Yeah heard about Devitt working for them, just feel it could be very bad guy vs good guy basic stuff for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I was only at one show (Devitts last show for them actually), it is about as simple and kid-friendly as as wrestling gets but I still found it entertaining.

I was actually surprised at how decent everybody was, I was expecting it to be a bit sloppy as it was some lads from down the road but they all seemed to know their stuff.

So yeah your analysis is pretty much correct but if you don't go in expecting ECW you might still enjoy it.

Thanks very much Scavenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

When The Undertaker makes his appearance on Stone Cold's podcast on the WWE Network, i wonder will he be in character or out of character.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    When The Undertaker makes his appearance on Stone Cold's podcast on the WWE Network, i wonder will he be in character or out of character.
    Out of character I would hope, don't want him talking about his fetish for graves and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd love it if Steve and him agree for it to be out of character and then he kayfabes it up largely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was at a Revolution Pro Wrestling event in London last night. Met AJ Styles, bought a Bullet Club T-shirt from him. Saw Matt Sydal wrestle too (ex-Evan Bourne), Colt Cabana, Grado, Shinsuke Nakamura too.

Angron wrote: »
    Was at a Revolution Pro Wrestling event in London last night. Met AJ Styles, bought a Bullet Club T-shirt from him. Saw Matt Sydal wrestle too (ex-Evan Bourne), Colt Cabana, Grado, Shinsuke Nakamura too.

That's awesome man! Did you get your photo taken with anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's awesome man! Did you get your photo taken with anyone?

Sadly, no. My phone is barely working, so didn't get a chance. Might try coming back here next time he's over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

BohsJohnny was over at that was well, he told me. Surely one of the bigger names on the card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The Rev Pro show from the weekend with Nak vs Roddy and Damo vs Ishii etc. is already up to watch: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/summersizzler2015
    Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship:
    - AJ Styles vs. Marty Scurll (c)
    - Matt Classic & Colt Cabana vs. Lord Gideon Grey & Rishi Ghosh
    2 Out of 3 Falls for the British Cruiserweight Championship:
    - Matt Sydal vs. Will Ospreay (c)
    - Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong
    - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Big Damo
    Undisputed British Tag Team Championship
    - Sha Samuels & James Castle vs. Joel Redman & Jake McCluskey (filling in for Mark Haskins)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I thought Matt Classic and Colt Cabana are the same person?

or is that the joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

gimmick wrote: »
    I thought Matt Classic and Colt Cabana are the same person?

or is that the joke?

Same person - the match was made at the last York Hall show by Cabana's opponents to prove once and for all they are the same person... however Cabana & Matt Classic teamed, the latter may or may not have been very clearly Grado in a mask!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lana is totally wasted with Ziggler 3 weeks ago she was "IT" now she is just a second thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lana is totally wasted with Ziggler 3 weeks ago she was "IT" now she is just a second thought.

Couldn't agree more, I had a mini rant about this not so long ago and it just terrible.

They have zero chemistry and Lana is basically not the character we all loved to see.

She wore the pants with Rusev. She would tell opponents what Rusev would do to them, he'd attack when she said to attack. She was strong and beautiful.

Now she's a generic damsel in distress.

It really is godawful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement