Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

To add to that, Lana dropping the icy Russian b*tch attitude makes little sense as tensions over Ukraine continue to grow. Is it possible that they're just putting her in a holding position until Rusev is fit to come back? I'd say Rusev is rehabbing his foot like mad trying to get back to his spot on the card and keep his girlfriend.

She doesn't even come down to the ring anymore. Maybe that's for the best, though, because it used to be "RUSEV - CRUUUUUSH!". Now it'd be "ZIGGLER - OHIDONTKNOWIMJUSTAGIRL *giggle*".

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Even with Rusev out for 6 months they could quiet easily gone a different root than sticking her with Ziggler.

They could have gone with something like the Terri Invitational having a load of midcarders and a few top guys fighting to have her manage them over 6 months while Rusev rehabs, She could have been the cold b1tch to the losers while flirting with the winners and then in six months when the last to fight Rusev comes out and destroys the winner and Lana just smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Or you know, take her off TV and let her be with her real life partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was watching the highlights of the Tough Enough which had The Miz in it. How times changes all.

At the time, I really was backing Puder and could not hack The Miz. Looking at it on the network ($9.99) Puder comes across as a complete jackass and The Miz seems like a really likeable guy.

Similar with Daniel Rodimer. Didn't like him at all back then but he seemed a decent enough guy this time round.

I also did not realise Ryback was TE Alumni!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

duuuaaaane wrote: »
    Same person - the match was made at the last York Hall show by Cabana's opponents to prove once and for all they are the same person... however Cabana & Matt Classic teamed, the latter may or may not have been very clearly Grado in a mask!

Dunno what you're talking about, Colt told us it wasn't Grado, and why would he lie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

gimmick wrote: »
    Was watching the highlights of the Tough Enough which had The Miz in it. How times changes all.

At the time, I really was backing Puder and could not hack The Miz. Looking at it on the network ($9.99) Puder comes across as a complete jackass and The Miz seems like a really likeable guy.

Similar with Daniel Rodimer. Didn't like him at all back then but he seemed a decent enough guy this time round.

I always liked The Miz thought he got a raw deal cause of the real world thing and generally he is a loud person, but I'd much rather watch his work knowing that he was a fan and just wanted to give it a go and he has got better I say fair play to him you can tell he loves the business.

I remember Al Snow I think it was talking about Ryback saying the kid just eats and eats he would be eating while saying he is hungry, was a funny story.

Is that whole season up on the network now?

Even with Rusev out for 6 months they could quiet easily gone a different root than sticking her with Ziggler.

They could have gone with something like the Terri Invitational having a load of midcarders and a few top guys fighting to have her manage them over 6 months while Rusev rehabs, She could have been the cold b1tch to the losers while flirting with the winners and then in six months when the last to fight Rusev comes out and destroys the winner and Lana just smiles.

Good idea. What the WWE are doing with her right now stinks of McMahon booking. I thought the rumoured route they were going in was supposed to be that she would become the face of the company. Trouble with doing that now is that she's lost a fair amount of the momentum she gained with Rusev.
    Maybe they'll have her come out one week and have her do her American accent which she 'learned' from Ziggler to bring her more into that babyface role.

Also, as a side note, I dislike Ziggler's character and hope Sheamus comes out and stomps on him every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I always liked The Miz thought he got a raw deal cause of the real world thing and generally he is a loud person, but I'd much rather watch his work knowing that he was a fan and just wanted to give it a go and he has got better I say fair play to him you can tell he loves the business.

I remember Al Snow I think it was talking about Ryback saying the kid just eats and eats he would be eating while saying he is hungry, was a funny story.

Is that whole season up on the network now?

Not sure about the entire season, but there is a decent season recap done over about an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Surely you've seen the video of Puder shoot wrestling Kurt Angle? I think he had a great look, shame he committed career suicide with that though.

Best thing for Puder, really. With an attitude like that, he had little business being in a pro wrestling ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    When The Undertaker makes his appearance on Stone Cold's podcast on the WWE Network, i wonder will he be in character or out of character.

Austin: "... and when the hell did people stop selling the DDT..."

*CUT TO: wrestlemania 8 clip*

*awkward silence*

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ITpKDUzs44 (from 7.20 on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

gimmick wrote: »

Could be way wrong on this but I think there might have been talk of a shoot fight between Puder and Angle at some point. A few years after the "keylock incident" on SD. Kurt left WWE in mid 06 of course. I'm not up on Puder's post pro wrestling career...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Puder being hazed by Benoit, Eddie and Hardcore Holly always cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Why does Neville take so long to balance himself on the top turnbuckle? Or is he trying to stop himself from floating away?

764dak wrote: »
    Why does Neville take so long to balance himself on the top turnbuckle? Or is he trying to stop himself from floating away?

He's doing a spin that divers do from 20m+ over water and he looks more muscular than a diver would be. Just his style I guess.

You can bid on a cast of Missy Hyatt's bust if you like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/261932983330

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Punk to return and have a grammar feud with Owens.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I really hope they release Season 1 of Lucha Underground on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

~23 episodes, maybe a 5-DVD set? They could get it released on Netflix or a digital download, be a bit cheaper for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Yeah I suppose it is unlikely that all those episodes and the PPV length finale would be put on one DVD, I can still dream though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is lucha underground any use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ricero wrote: »
    Is lucha underground any use ?

I tried it for a couple episodes but I couldn't get into it. However it gets a ton of praise on the net, and Bryan & Vinny's weekly reviews of it are generally always positive. If you have access to it I'd recommend trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

First 'alternative' to WWE this century I've seen that's a genuine alternative (as opposed to just indie wrestling or the likes of NJPW/AAA which have cultural routes that are older than WWE as we know it), i.e. offering a totally different vision of how televised wrestling can be. Can understand if it's not for some people, it still might not be for me, but I admire the hell out of them for spinning the wheel a different way and showing courage in their convictions. It's definitely worth giving a go for any wrestling fan looking for something beyond WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Watch Lucha every week. I think its the best weekly wrestling show out there tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

leggo wrote: »
    First 'alternative' to WWE this century I've seen that's a genuine alternative (as opposed to just indie wrestling or the likes of NJPW/AAA which have cultural routes that are older than WWE as we know it), i.e. offering a totally different vision of how televised wrestling can be. Can understand if it's not for some people, it still might not be for me, but I admire the hell out of them for spinning the wheel a different way and showing courage in their convictions. It's definitely worth giving a go for any wrestling fan looking for something beyond WWE.

Leggo said it perfectly. The best of Wrestling and the best of film/TV dramas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Only came in on it a couple of months ago really, but have been loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Always enjoyed the PTP's original theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I really hope they lose the championships back to The New Day at Battleground. They ROCK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

With the Elimation Chamber Network Exclusive a few weeks ago, I hope we get a few more of them this year. Even use some older PPV names like Backlash, Fully Loaded and some older WCW like Bash at the Beach, Halloween Havoc or Fall Brawl. I really miss some of those WCW events as they were all differentiated from each other by there set designs. F*ck Kevin Dunn and his need for everything to look the same no matter what!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement