Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

LeeJM wrote: »
    With the Elimation Chamber Network Exclusive a few weeks ago, I hope we get a few more of them this year. Even use some older PPV names like Backlash, Fully Loaded and some older WCW like Bash at the Beach, Halloween Havoc or Fall Brawl. I really miss some of those WCW events as they were all differentiated from each other by there set designs. F*ck Kevin Dunn and his need for everything to look the same no matter what!

A bash at the beach would be cool. Could even bring back a bikini match with the divas.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could give us WarGames as a "Network Exclusive" PPV I think that would get some older fans signing up for the Network and it would be a nice touch in memory of Dusty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

And easy enough to do now with Team Authority ( Rollins, Kane, Big Show, Owens (a loose ally of the Authority) and HHH ) v Team Heyman ( Brock, Ambrose, Ryback, Cena and an other) For the last place on team Heyman Id have either Sting (has history with Heyman in War Games and HHH) or a debuting Samoa Joe. Now Im p*ssed this is never gonna happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Bring back the Championship Scramble and the (tag) Six Pack Challenge.

And the King of the Ring as They might forget about it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The King Of The Ring winner should have been challenging for the WWE Championship at Payback really. A B pay per view, they could have taken a chance on Barrett vs. Seth Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I miss Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The Smackdown 6 era was prob my all time favourite period as a wrestling fan, in my young teens up every Saturday morning watchin Smackdown reading wwe magazine thinkin I was becoming an insider, readin the wwe page on sky text, , just enjoying all the matches having Indepth conversations about it with mates about who we think are gonna be the next big stars ( I predicted Eddie and cena, mate picked Batista another picked Shelton Benjamin)

Miss those times

The great thing about those times was that a lot of them did go on to become really big stars. I guess that's down to the class of 2002, as they've become known as. So much of wrestling seems to be right place and right time as well. Sadly I was a lapsed fan for much of this period so I've revisited it a lot in the last few years. But I'm not tired of John Cena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone follow any Wrestling accounts on Periscope? WWE is pushing Tough Enough hard on it but I am really not that interested tbh. Only have been using the App for about two weeks. Basically it is Snapchat with longer video lengths. The better accounts I've found iare Carmella's from NXT which covers her NXT road trips with her travel partner Bayley and the other is Brad Maddox which is bother an outlet for his weird comedy as well as his boredom at TV tapings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

How would Vince Sr. react to what Vince Jr's done to Pro Wrestling if he were alive today?

• Advertisement

I'm sure he would have gotten used to it when he saw the large scale he took things to & $$$.

So how do you think WWE should handle Cody's return? The stated goal of the Runnels Authority angle 2013 and tagging with Goldust was meant to get Cody over as a singles star. Obviously that didn't happen. Recently Stardust had been treading water in WWE working Superstars and Main Event more than Raw and Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Obviously, I expect Cody to get a bit of a goodwill push. He'll be riding that wave for a few weeks or so. As for whether he'll drop the Stardust gimmick, I always expected that to be a holdover until he got his own thing, but that hasn't really happened yet. Going to a plain old Cody Rhodes who points to the sky after beating Adam Rose won't really be a step forward. Hard to know where he'll go from here but he needs to take it up a gear.

briany wrote: »
    Hard to know where he'll go from here but he needs to take it up a gear.

Stardust is probably my least favourite thing in Wrestling but Cody has the capacity to be awesome:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Agree rovert I've always rated Cody. He's a great talker and is very capable in the ring. Bret Hart singled him out for praise in a recent interview too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Pentecost wrote: »
    Agree rovert I've always rated Cody. He's a great talker and is very capable in the ring. Bret Hart singled him out for praise in a recent interview too.

Is that the same interview where he poo-poo'd Roman Reigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I've linked to it on the news thread but he poo-poohs the booking of Reigns mostly he does say he's a very good wrestler who's capable of getting over naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if Paige got in trouble for Raw on Monday when she was speaking to the divas and saying the Bellas were married.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Nikki isn't though is she? Unless I missed that?

If this were 10+ years ago we would have seen the Bellas at least tease to get it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nikki isn't though is she? Unless I missed that?

Nope. Which is why I thought someone may have said something to Paige about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

was listening to the zack ryder podcast on talk is jericho recently and found it fascinating.

for me ryder got the biggest burial ever in wwe. Cant wait to hear his actual thoughts on the process when hes not under contract with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Definitely. Although he could be one of those who'd always hope for that way back in so would always tow the company line even when not employed. They murdered his character stone dead and systematically killed his YouTube channel too. Poor lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ryder basically showed the WWE how important social media was to a performer and the company something he really deserves credit for but we all the McMahon's don't give credit to anyone.

Curt Hawkins in his recent shoot interview with RF Video gave a kind of guarded answer said that Triple H and Vince didn't think Zack was a tough guy. He also has a quirky personality that most people don't get and can grate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I always found Ryder and his short youtube shows entertaining. Not sure he was ever particularly interesting on tv as a wrestler outside the good will his internet shows created.

He should probably have found his way back into a tag team but with a more serious or opposite personality like Booker and Goldust or Team Hell No. Its probably the best way to make use of that type of entertaining performer until they grow big enough to hold their own as a singles wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've been watching the wwe hall of fame from years back. And Jesus h Christ on a donkey can wwe next year **** out Dick heads who start shouting stupid stuff at inductors and inductees ?

Zack Ryder's shoot will be around the same level as Punk's I'd imagine. The guy must have a lot to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dolph's shoot will be very interesting once he leaves WWE. He's not a guy to hold back(nor does he have the sense to imo).

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler joined Johnny Mundo in Lucha Underground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement