Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Courses

Options
  • 02-06-2013 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. I'm applying for a job in America for Summer 2014 and they have many different requirements which I have but I need to have a gun course or rifle course done. Since I never shot a gun in my life I am just wondering are there any places around the Tipperary/Limerick area that offer courses or lesson on to shot rifles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Shoelace1t wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm applying for a job in America for Summer 2014 and they have many different requirements which I have but I need to have a gun course or rifle course done. Since I never shot a gun in my life I am just wondering are there any places around the Tipperary/Limerick area that offer courses or lesson on to shot rifles.

Any shooting range or gun club will be able to sort you out with a safety course if thats what you need.

Whats the job tho??? Just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Em, before you do anything, ask them will they accept an Irish course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Jonty wrote: »
    Em, before you do anything, ask them will they accept an Irish course.

+1 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Both Hilltop and Harbour House run NRA certified courses. I have no doubt that these will be acceptable for your employer.
    Give these clubs a call and find out when the next course is scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

im also curious as to what the job is, sound interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Yeah, me too. I might be interested in applying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Rosahane wrote: »
    Both Hilltop and Harbour House run NRA certified courses. I have no doubt that these will be acceptable for your employer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is the best advice.

The NRA courses carried out here are recognised over in the States.

www.harbourhouseshooting.com

www.hilltopshootingsports.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shoelace1t

aaakev wrote: »
    Any shooting range or gun club will be able to sort you out with a safety course if thats what you need.

Whats the job tho??? Just curious![/
    It's a activity leader for a summer camp

Rosahane wrote: »

Would you be able to give me their contact details

im also curious as to what the job is, sound interesting.

It's working as an activity leader for a summer camp. It's interesting if your into coaching and have a interest in all sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Shoelace1t wrote: »
    Would you be able to give me their contact details

Www.hilltopshootingsports.com

Www.harbourhouseshooting.com

I'd suggest you contact both and take the most immediate course as they are usually run when there is sufficient demand within the club.

Enjoy it, and your summer in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Knocknagoshel Shooting range has just opened a 22 range and I think they give one to one instruction on how to shoot - they may be able to give you an exact course to suit you???
    Haven't got the number to hand, but they have a large web site.....just another option...

dc99 wrote: »
    Knocknagoshel Shooting range has just opened a 22 range and I think they give one to one instruction on how to shoot - they may be able to give you an exact course to suit you???
    Haven't got the number to hand, but they have a large web site.....just another option...
    Where are they based? And thanks. I don't know what a 22 is but I'm presuming its a rifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

22 = .22 calibre amunition (or Bullet Diameter).
    If your gonna be teaching kids in the US it is likely that this is the calibre you will be using (unless its air rifles...)

They (Knocknagoshel) are situated about 6 or so KM north of CastleIsland (Co. Kerry) and a couple of Km off the main roand to Abbeyfeale.

http://www.knocknagoshelshootinggrounds.com/

Advertisement