Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks have a new competitor Just Wing It sauces

Options
  • 02-06-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried Just Wing It sauces?. They are at the riverfest on the Quays all weekend. I bought some chicken wings in their Spitfire BBQ sauce, which was the hottest sauce they have at the moment. I had to buy a bottle and I think Franks may have a major competitor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Good! Competition is a customers friend! I've seen it, but haven't tried it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Is the River Fest still on today? Looks fairly quiet this morning, where is that stall exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Riverfest is on till 6 today. The stall is past the Pizza stall. Just keep walking and
    you will spot it. It's delish and the spitfire sauce is yummy.

Decent portion of buffalo wings and I also invested in a bottle of the spitfire sauce, tastes nicely hot from a sample anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jamer

Tasted the wings at dun laoghaire on Sunday with the buffalo sauce went for boneless wings they are very good. The guys said they are opening a restaurant anyone know where?

• Advertisement

Jamer wrote: »
    Tasted the wings at dun laoghaire on Sunday with the buffalo sauce went for boneless wings they are very good. The guys said they are opening a restaurant anyone know where?
    Tallaght and I am pretty sure they said the square. Did you try their Spitfire sauce?.

No didn't try the spitfire must try it next time. Buffalo was great. Think the whole idea is great

Jamer wrote: »
    No didn't try the spitfire must try it next time. Buffalo was great. Think the whole idea is great
    Spitfire is hot and spicy so be warned it has a kick but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Had them in Dun Laoghaire a couple weeks ago.
    I thought they were quite expensive for the size of portion, nothing special about the quality of the chicken and the sauce was only OK.

Bit of style over substance in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

this restaurant is nearly up and running in the square Tallaght.

I only noticed it earlier when i was doing my christmas shopping.

its beside Dominos pizza, so just on the outside of level 1, close enough to the drive threw McDonalds.

Hopefully they do well, i cant wait to try them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Newman's Own Sticky BBQ sauce is my favourite.

Picked up another bottle of Just Wing It there last week at the Christmas market in the IFSC, might try it as a marinade this time rather than a coating sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DubSpur81

Anyone any ide when theyre opening up at the square?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

DubSpur81 wrote: »
    Anyone any ide when theyre opening up at the square?

February.
    There was an article on it in The Echo.

Seen the restaurant yesterday (btw looks very cool) I asked the guys working in it when it was open. They said next Monday opening for sit in and take away then delivery's will start in February.

They have a bigger menu also looking forward to try it out.

Advertisement