Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

• 02-06-2013 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

http://www.e3expo.com/

So it's just over a week away, and for some reason I can't help but get excited for E3 every year. I don't know why.....maybe I'm a masochist, or maybe I just always hold out for excellent reveals, like last year's 'Watch Dogs'.

Anyways, regardless of your views on the spectacle that is E3, what are people's hopes/fears/predictions from the exhibitors?

Personally, I'll be a happy bunny if Mirror's Edge 2 is announced. (I'm easily pleased).

Mod Addition:

e3times2013_zpse2257ac4.png~original

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm really looking forward to what Sony have to say about the PS4.

I'd like an interesting Final Fantasy game to be announced.

Want to see more of Destiny.

Would like something, anything decent for the Vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hoping for a strong showing for the Vita and a Zelda announcement for WiiU. No annoying kids, rappers and celeb presenters would be nice but inevitable.

June 10 (Times are GMT)

Microsoft - 17.30pm
    EA - 9pm
    Ubisoft - 11pm
    Sony - 2am
    Nintendo - Canceled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just hope that both big boys will cut all the bull**** and kill all the rumours about next gen consoles.
    Nintendo - Show more games for wii U. I am going to buy it anyway, but I would love to know that you at least care about a gamer. :o
    3DS? Already awesome, though if you announce Monster hunter 4 for eu/us then I will Wee my pants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Expectations
    Mirrors Edge 2 revealed (and will have some exclusive Kinect functionality on Xbox One).
    PS Vita gets a price cut in EMEA, and perhaps a hardware revision (not an update like Nintendo do at every opportunity).
    Dark Souls II release date - I'd be astonished if we don't get this.
    New announcement of games for Playstation Plus IGC 1st birthday.
    More footage of Watch Dogs for everyone to salivate over.
    Widespread disappointment from gaming fans across the globe

Hopes
    Naughty Dog reveal their PS4 exclusive.
    Microsoft actually show some decent games for the Xbox One
    First look at TWD2 by TellTale Games
    Half Life 3, Portal 3 and TF3 are jointly revealed to be part of "The Orange Box 2: The Quickening"! - At this point all other developers instantly give up on any games they're working on and bow down before Valve in awe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Dark Souls II is coming out in March 2014, there's a big poster up at the convention centre saying so.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see some BF4 multiplayer footage and hopefully hear it will be available at launch for ps4. Some more MGS news is always welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

danthefan wrote: »
    Dark Souls II is coming out in March 2014, there's a big poster up at the convention centre saying so.

Just saw your post in the DS thread! Sweet! :D

Also, I now have the unreasonable expectation, that all my other predictions will come true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Biggest E3 in years, can't wait to see what comes out of it.
    It is make or break for the Wii U too.

I heard on the latest Wired podcast that there is a rumour that Mirrors Edge 2 will be Kinect only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Some more MGS news is always welcome.

Konami have a pre E3 show next Thursday at half 6 iirc. They'll be showing MGS: V/Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain the new PES and Castlevania:LOS 2.
    Think Nintendo's E3 direct is on at 3pm tuesday week, Bayonetta 2 will be on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm interested to see if there will be a price cut for the PSVita. Or maybe an updated model to add extra triggers to help with remote play on the PS4. I intend to buy a Vita later in the year because of all the Vita games I have due to PS+.

• Advertisement

I'm interested to see if there will be a price cut for the PSVita. Or maybe an updated model to add extra triggers to help with remote play on the PS4. I intend to buy a Vita later in the year because of all the Vita games I have due to PS+.

Well, you forgot that ps vita has a whole rear touch pad, which works like additional triggers. So no way we will see a hardware revision.
    Vita is really cheap too these days. Its a fantastic piece of equipment let down by lack of games. Vita price is same 3ds XL now, but PS VITA is just way more awesome hardware wise. Its just 3ds has great games, so people dont moan about its price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Well, you forgot that ps vita has a whole rear touch pad, which works like additional triggers. So no way we will see a hardware revision.
    Vita is really cheap too these days. Its a fantastic piece of equipment let down by lack of games. Vita price is same 3ds XL now, but PS VITA is just way more awesome hardware wise. Its just 3ds has great games, so people dont moan about its price.

They could reduce the price of the memory cards though, and perhaps release a 64GB and 128GB card for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Microsoft have mentioned something about Rare lately. They also secured the rights for Killer Instinct a while back. Could we finally see this game rearing it's mutated head again? If so, I hope it's not an exclusive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone worth talking about at Rare left a long time ago. They are pretty much just a Kinect developer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

deathrider wrote: »
    Microsoft have mentioned something about Rare lately. They also secured the rights for Killer Instinct a while back. Could we finally see this game rearing it's mutated head again? If so, I hope it's not an exclusive.
    Of course it would be exclusive. It'd be like seeing Mario or The Last of Us on other systems.

Otacon wrote: »
    They could reduce the price of the memory cards though, and perhaps release a 64GB and 128GB card for it too.

On this I agree. Bigger memory cards and for cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking for forward to seeing EA's UFC game in action, PS4 announcing their DRM model followed quickly by giving us more free (PS+ Subscribed)

Some Batman: Arkham Origins gameplay would be class as well. games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Mr E wrote: »

I heard on the latest Wired podcast that there is a rumour that Mirrors Edge 2 will be Kinect only.

This would destroy me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anything at this worth watching for PC gamers? I couldn't give less of a f*ck about the new consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Regarding Sony:

Vita

-> Gravity Rush 2 will be the 'big' surprise
    -> FFX HD and that Batman game
    -> A montage about indie games coming to Vita - Flower, Limbo, Hotline Miami, couple more.
    -> Main focus will be on PS4 and remote play
    -> Price cut on memory cards IF WE ARE VERY VERY LUCKY, unlikely though
    -> That will be it - token gestures to the Vita, Sony have already given up on the system.

PS4

-> Price 500-550 dollars plus
    -> Something FF related
    -> Main focus on games we've already seen like Killzone, Crank, Insomnia, Drive Club etc
    -> Couple of exclusives - Uncharted 4 sneakpeek, Sucker Punch and Media Molecule IPs
    -> PS4 reveal obv
    -> Loads of social gaming ****e

X-Box One

-> The 15 IP exclusives, a couple will be kinect games, the rest mainly focused on FPS/adventure games with a couple of RPGs.
    -> Killer Instinct and Beyond Good And Evil 2 exclusives
    -> Price 350-400 dollars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Of course it would be exclusive. It'd be like seeing Mario or The Last of Us on other systems.

Which is kinda bizarre, since KI was originally a SNES exclusive. How times have changed. The reason I was saying I'd hope it want exclusive is because I'm a lover of fighting games and tournaments. Being an exclusive would half the amount of players at tournaments.

@Retr0- True enough, but they've been spinning this "gamers are gonna like what we're doing with Rare" wheel since the One announcement. Knowing Microsoft though, they probably don't have anything interesting top back that statement up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My E3 predictions would have to be

Sony
    - Official vita price drop, since most shops have done it now anyway, as well as memory card price drops
    - PS4 priced at 450 for the basic SKU, 550(ish) for the premium
    - Uncharted and new naughty dog IP shown for the PS4
    - New uncharted on vita
    - Kingdom hearts 1.5 on vita maybe?

Microsoft

- Halo 5 out on 360 and xbox one at the same time
    - Gears of war xbox one announced
    - Cheap 360 announced, below the £99 mark.
    - bunch of kinect crap
    - Clarification on the used games thing

Nintendo

- Proper account system announced for nintendo online, ties 3DS and Wii U accounts
    - GBA games for VC, 3DS and Wii U share certain VC games
    - New mario
    - A peek at the new zelda
    - Metroid something. First person, but not in the prime series.
    - Release date for Pokemon X + Y
    - Release window for a link to the past 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the PS4 will be €399/349 and €499/449, the two higher prices are the largest I could see it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

I'll be watching sony to see if they announce any new games and of course get a look at the console itself (i hope :3)

And like almost everyone here i'm excited to see if they'll announce a new mirror's edge! i played the **** out of that game when it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I am expecting a lot of the focus from Xbox to be on the games. They mentioned 15 exclusive titles of which 8 are brand new. Fingers crossed that at least two are games. Most will be awful Kinect 2 games.

I also expect them to announce a release time of Fall 2013 not much more specific than that and 2 Xbox One models.
    1. $/€499 Console, 1 controller, Kinect No Game.
    2. $/€ 299 Console, 1 controller, Kinect, No Game but a subscription of $15 a month for 2 years.

Microsoft are going to take a huge hit on the console but they still wont be that cheap because the Kinect is bundled with it.

Also expect a $99 Xbox-Box. A diskless 360 for games on demand with all ways online required to play.

Sony still have the console to reveal, after pushing that they are still supporting the PS3 and Vita. Showing off Beyond and Killzone and a bunch of indie titles.

I expect a good showing of PS4 games 5 or 6 with game play footage and a price point similar to Xbox. Maybe a $499 base console, controller and a months free PS+

Neither will have live demos to show just recorded game play sections from their big hitters. KIllzone 4 etc.

I would be surprised to get a release date on either console just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A lot of people think that prices will be announced for the new consoles. I don't think that will happen. I think we might get that later in the year, at Gamescon maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

A lot of people think that prices will be announced for the new consoles. I don't think that will happen. I think we might get that later in the year, at Gamescon maybe.
    There's precedent of pricing announced at E3. In fact, isn't that the status quo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Another one, the last guardian a PS4 exclusive and supposed launch title. Won't actually happen though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    Another one, the last guardian a PS4 exclusive and supposed launch title. Won't actually happen though.

PS3: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/03/the-last-guardian-spotted-still-for-ps3/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

F1ngers wrote: »

Don't get your hopes up. pretty sure they announced it was a mistake.

Would be absolutely delighted to see it though.

Advertisement