Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Price it the same and they still have a chance. I think €450-€500 is right on the money. No way will it be less than €450, won't happen.

Yeah don't really know what people were expecting, you pay at least €600 for a top of the range phone these days, why would your Xbox be cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

titan18 wrote: »
    Thought the 360 was €399 when it launched

For the basic with no HDD yes. The 20Gb version was €519 at launch. Still have recipt, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

mailrewop wrote: »
    i thought its 2 am.

Yeah it's 2am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you include the price of bundled kinect, 500 isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

NTMK wrote: »
    €419 for the core (basic)
    €519 for the Premium/Pro

I'm certain it was €299 for the core and €399 for the pro in Europe. Then we had to pay a little more in Ireland.

Same way PS3 was €600 but Game/smyths/HMV here charged €630.

• Advertisement

They didn't say much about the new Live service or the DRM. It's like if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. No rumors were put to bed here at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Julez wrote: »
    Yeah don't really know what people were expecting, you pay at least €600 for a top of the range phone these days, why would your Xbox be cheaper?

Back in the day i Bought Iphone 3gs for 550eu prepay, these days i bought 600eu Experia Z on contract for 200eu. Not a lot of people can afford unlocked/prepay phones anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Good conference by Microsoft. Not staying up for Sony so will have to get all my information tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They didn't say much about the new Live service or the DRM. It's like if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. No rumors were put to bed here at all.

In fairness, they had said E3 would be all about the games. They probably won't talk about it till gamescon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Highlight of ms conference MEt=TAL GEAR MO****ING 5 :D

crimson dragon looked amazing aswell. too bad its xbox exclusive :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well all in all, Games were good. Need to see what Sony will show from Exclusive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its 2 am

2am in Ireland. I'm in Finland at the moment so its 4am here.

Taking a nap now before EA and UBi, then another and back up for Sony. Love the start of E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

For the basic with no HDD yes. The 20Gb version was €519 at launch. Still have recipt, lol.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2005/aug05/08-17EuropeNA360PricePR.aspx

Says it was 299/399.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You got robbed.

http://uk.gamespot.com//news/xbox-360-pricing-revealed-299-and-399-models-due-at-launch-6131245?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I would have liked to hear more about the TV features. Or maybe a trailer for that awesome looking halo TV show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

abbir wrote: »
    I'm certain it was €299 for the core and €399 for the pro in Europe. Then we had to pay a little more in Ireland.

Same way PS3 was €600 but Game/smyths/HMV here charged €630.

My mistake it was 309 for the basic and 409 for the Premium

I bought a lot of things that day lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

half tempted to stay up for the sony one..not gona buy an xbone or a ps4 but curious to see what they do after ms's difficulties the last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Good conference with some great exclusives and other games mainly the witcher 3 and MGS

What impressed me most was the dynamic worlds in each game and the amount of new animations and interaction with the worlds

What I did hate though was the extreme casual aspect of RYSE? Press x to stab slow mo style, I also found battlefield 4 to be bland and nothing new. Looks the exact same . Oh and minecraft can just go away from console, most people play with mods now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not a single mention of used games or drm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Respawn's game looked great, is it coming to PC as well? Swear I remember them announcing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Respawn's game looked great, is it coming to PC as well? Swear I remember them announcing it

Said it was xbox exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not a bad show by MS, still doesn't make up for bull**** DRM but the ball is in Sony's court now.

Major Nelson linked to this on twitter a while ago. Seems fair enough to me. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

KilOit wrote: »
    Said it was xbox exclusive!

Its on PC and xbox 360 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

abbir wrote: »
    £429 including 20% vat is £357.50 excluding VAT = $557

Whoops, you're correct. Still accounts for the majority of the difference though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jericho. wrote: »
    Major Nelson linked to this on twitter a while ago. Seems fair enough to me. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license
    How is not being able to sell your games in any way fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Can anyone sum up the MS conference in a twitter sized sentence for me to digest? Plz'n'thanks

Whoops, you're correct. Still accounts for the majority of the difference though.

Gotta add the sales tax in the US as well which varies from state to state, at 6% it brings it up to $529.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Jericho. wrote: »

How is connecting once every 24 hours or you can't play your games at all fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Halo Xbox one trailer

Advertisement