Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

SHENMUE 3!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Funnily enough, I was listening to the music from the the Last Guardian trailer today. Or as it's also know, the tune from Carlito's Way.
    So think we'll get a Last Guardian update?

Think I said in the Wii U thread, but one advantage Nintendo has over the other conferences: Ability to edit. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Microsoft

- Halo 5 out on 360 and xbox one at the same time
    - Gears of war xbox one announced
    - Cheap 360 announced, below the £99 mark.
    - bunch of kinect crap
    - Clarification on the used games thing

Regards Halo, seriously doubt there'll be anything about Halo 5, there's generally 3 years between the main entries in the series (if you don't count Reach) but you never know I suppose. The rumour mill is suggesting there is a spin off coming instead though called Spartan Assault which might be a more squad based shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I know its not much compared to the above but im looking forward to the COD killer from respawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Shenmue 3....its happening :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anything at this worth watching for PC gamers? I couldn't give less of a f*ck about the new consoles.
    Yeah the World Game Developers Association are going to announce no more sh1tty console ports*

*blatant lie,but we can always live in hope:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Shenmue 3....its happening :D

do you like my new avatar in anticipation of the big announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If the last guardian comes out on PS3 at this point, I will eat my hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

do you like my new avatar in anticipation of the big announcement?

Amazing :D .

We must find sailors :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

cloud493 wrote: »
    If the last guardian comes out on PS3 at this point, I will eat my hat.

I never saw what all the fuss was about that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

^^^

I think its more because of who the developers are and their past releases i.e. ico and shadow of the colossus.

Along with the obvious Nintendo games I would like to see, I would also like a new Timesplitters and Prince of Persia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anything at this worth watching for PC gamers? I couldn't give less of a f*ck about the new consoles.

Well really, we will be getting most of the games announced on other consoles. Both MS and Sony usually like to show off games at their conferences that will be available cross platform so I'll be watching just for those.

I just want to see more exciting new IPs. Last year wasn't bad in this regard with the unveiling of The Last of Us, Watch Dogs and Beyond: Two Souls. TLOU and WD were perfect examples of what I want to see actually: creative new games where we get to see ~10 minutes of gameplay. Let the game itself build the hype I say.

Would be nice to get The Last Guardian, how many years has it been since that was announced? Also would be nice if all of those new franchises MS bragged about turned out to not be Kinect minigame garbage.

Shows sure are at awkward times this year, 2am means I'll just have to wait for the day after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Who'll be watching the later ones live (is it only Sony).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Was curious what times they'll be on at...

Microsoft press conference: June 10 @ 9.30 a.m. PST / 5.30 p.m. BST
    Electronic Arts press conference: June 10 @ 1.00 p.m. / 9.00 p.m. BST
    Ubisoft press conference: June 10 @ 3.00 p.m. / 11.00 p.m. BST
    Sony press conference: June 10 @ 6.00 p.m. PST / 2.00 a.m. BST
    Nintendo E3 Direct: June 11 @ 7.00 a.m. / 3.00 p.m. BST

Probably will watch the Sony one live. I don't generally get to sleep earlier than about 2:30 anyway, even if I have to wake up at 8. And having no reason to wake up early the following day, can't see any reason I wouldn't.

Careful! I stayed up for sony before and was at least 90 mins long. Also want really worth watching live. Wonderbook, etc.

Was watching IGN's video talking about what Nintendo will be like at E3. One thing they said was Nintendo won't have the reaction of the crowd to big reveals and all.

But it got me thinking that for the past year or 2 the ones in attendance barely react to any of the conferences. Big announcements tend to just be met by silence. The only time they applaud is when people are coming on stage. Anyone notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The only time they applaud is when people are coming on stage. Anyone notice this?

I remember the end of TLOU demo last year, when Joel blows a guy's head off with a shotgun, got whoops and cheers.

I was slightly disturbed by that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Was watching IGN's video talking about what Nintendo will be like at E3. One thing they said was Nintendo won't have the reaction of the crowd to big reveals and all.

But it got me thinking that for the past year or 2 the ones in attendance barely react to any of the conferences. Big announcements tend to just be met by silence. The only time they applaud is when people are coming on stage. Anyone notice this?

Years ago it was only gaming press going to e3 now a lot of tech sites go who really dont care and now with the internet reveals are only confirming what we know already. look up the sega saturns e3 before release in the west for a reveal

we also dont have many exclusives anymore so there isnt the same big hype behind the event.

and to be no-one at e3 has ever ever given a flying **** about dance central or any other shovel ware

Most of the crowd are on twitter or their own sites typing away, while things are actually being announced.

Also Konami is up today, it starts at 6pm here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

hope Konami announce multiplayer for the new MG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I know there's going to be a trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 today but I really hope for a release date as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Konami stream working for anyone?

Edit: Nevermind it's working now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought there was going to be a trailer for MGS?

Just have to wait I suppose.

tok9 wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be a trailer for MGS?

Just have to wait I suppose.

It was short but there was some on MGS but mostly the VA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

deathrider wrote: »
    I never saw what all the fuss was about that game.

Well it's made by Team Ico who have a good track record.
    Otacon wrote: »
    I remember the end of TLOU demo last year, when Joel blows a guy's head off with a shotgun, got whoops and cheers.

I was slightly disturbed by that!

Well in fairness, that was more down to the game itself looking so great. I felt distrubed for a few seconds because I've never seen game violence look so visceral but I nearly whooped myself afterward because of the fact that it made me feel this way.
    NTMK wrote: »
    and to be no-one at e3 has ever ever given a flying **** about dance central or any other shovel ware

Why do they spend any time at all showing these off? Literally nobody watching the conferences or following E3 at all could possible care. This stuff doesn't even make it to the news sites at the end of the day, it just gets forgotten. Someone once mentioned to me that it was for the sake of their stock because investors will like seeing the big sellers but you'd think investors would be more worried about alienating all the people actually watching. The casuals will buy it when it hits the shelves regardless of how it's revealed.

And please no more cringe-worthy acts like Flo-rida this year. That made me squirm. It was like something someone's out-of-touch parent organised.

I remember it being explained before that they do all these casual type games because the event gets mainstream media coverage as well. Just it would be good if they kept it to a minimum instead of having long cringe worthy demos.

Do you know what I'm looking forward to most, the Sony intro montage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The only way I can see Microsoft coming out of the conferences on top:

After a short opening montage, Gabe Newell walks out on stage.
    "The Xbox One IS the Steam box."
    Walks off stage.
    Closing montage is just a trailer for Half-Life 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

C14N wrote: »
    It was like something someone's out-of-touch parent organised.

tbh thats the perfect description of microsoft atm

Advertisement