Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Can anyone sum up the MS conference in a twitter sized sentence for me to digest? Plz'n'thanks

Games, games, games. Some really good ones. No info DRM, Always online, Used games.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

ShaneU wrote: »
    How is not being able to sell your games in any way fair?

It says specifically in the article that you will be able to sell or trade your games. Did you read it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can anyone sum up the MS conference in a twitter sized sentence for me to digest? Plz'n'thanks

Tons of games, no casual b*llox. New Killer Instinct. MGS V. Dark Souls 2. Dead Rising 3. Forza. New Halo. Cool looking indy & new game Titanfall. Also slimmer 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Gotta add the sales tax in the US as well which varies from state to state, at 6% it brings it up to $529.

Then we'd comparing non tax prices in the UK to prices including tax in the US. Even then there are a couple of states in the US that have no sales tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Same games, prettier graphics, €499 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

new 360 design to resemble xbox one, psn plus type feature being introduced to live(assassins creed 2 and halo 3 free to gold members), showed games and xbox one costs €499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

If you have a gold account, you'll get 2 free games each month as well, starting out with games like Halo 3 and AC2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Tons of games, no casual b*llox. New Killer Instinct. MGS V. Dark Souls 2. Dead Rising 3. Forza. New Halo. Cool looking indy & new game Titanfall. Also slimmer 360.

Sounds cool. Always wondered. When people judge who wins from MS/Sony/Nintendo does that include games that aren't exclusive but Demo'd at a particular conference, I.E. MGSV at MS etc? Whats Titanfall aboot?

Lads, did they announced how much this new mini xbox will be? They said available now, but when is "now".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Lads, did they announced how much this new mini xbox will be? They said available now, but when is "now".

US is now they pulled a saturn here friday probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jericho. wrote: »
    It says specifically in the article that you will be able to sell or trade your games. Did you read it?

Did YOU read it? Trade in only at "participating" retailers, and only if publishers allow it!

NTMK wrote: »
    US is now they pulled a saturn here friday probably

sorry m8, what do you mean with saturn thing? ( I am not being smart )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

199.99 i bet, with a game bundle and one month xblive i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When is the free 360 games with Gold starting O_O

199.99 i bet, with a game bundle and one month xblive i bet.

Well that is **** so...

Old exbox is 189£ on amazon now...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-250GB-Console/dp/B005HHTK70/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370889110&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+360

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Not a single mention of used games or drm.

That was already cleared up a few days ago. Keep up lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Whose the irish guy on gamespot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

titan18 wrote: »
    How is connecting once every 24 hours or you can't play your games at all fair?

Read it.

You can play a game offline for 24 hours or you can't play THAT game until you log back in. You can fecking obviously go on holiday for a week and come back to all your games. They don't want people PLAYING the game offline for more than 24 hours at a time, this is to make sure you still own the licence for a game, and to combat modded consoles that can play pirated games offline with no problem.

It's odd, but it's not the end of the world like some are trying to make it out to be.

That was already cleared up a few days ago. Keep up lad.
    I hope you're joking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Well that is **** so...

Old exbox is 189£ on amazon now...

He's only guessing.
    But if you can't buy it without a kinect it may well be more expensive than current models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Read it.

You can play a game offline for 24 hours or you can't play THAT game until you log back in. You can fecking obviously go on holiday for a week and come back to all your games. They don't want people PLAYING the game offline for more than 24 hours at a time, this is to make sure you still own the licence for a game, and to combat modded consoles that can play pirated games offline with no problem.

It's odd, but it's not the end of the world like some are trying to make it out to be.

That's what I said. If you don't have internet for over 24 hours, you can't play your games until you get a connection, even completely offline games. That's bull**** tbh. Why should I need to be connected, and if I can't, which I can't for a lot of the summer, why should I not be able to play games that I've bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

sorry m8, what do you mean with saturn thing? ( I am not being smart )

Sega announced at E3 that the Saturn would go on sale at select retailers in the US immediately, rather than September like originally announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I hope you're joking

Nope, I'm surely not.

Why would they mention it again today, today was all about the games.

/facepalm

Yeah why would they respond to the huge sh1tstorm over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

/facepalm

Yeah why would they respond to the huge sh1tstorm over it.

Because they have nothing to say that you want to hear. It is what it is, get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I can't believe that there are people who think 500€ is acceptable. Wow. Titan falls is a timed exclusive- don't doubt that for a second. Bf 4 looked fantastic and makes cod look like garbage. You'll be surprised how many of those games are coming to ps4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nope, I'm surely not.

Why would they mention it again today, today was all about the games.

Surely they would want to clear up the drama over it or at least attempt to put a positive spin on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Hope ea show of mirrors edge 2 and ubi teased beyond good and evil 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

€499 is fairly expensive.

Some of the trailers they showed look great. Halo for instance made me excited but until I see gameplay footage I'll still not be fully sold.

Dead Rising 3 looked great. Very impressive.

Really wanted to see more of Quantum Break. For me that was one of the more intriguing trailers. Definitely a game I'll be keeping close tabs on.

Could take or leave Battlefield 4. That demo they showed looked exactly like a Black Ops mission.

Forza looks as great as ever.

Would've liked Microsoft to talk more about the confusion about used games but I really liked that conference bar minor technical issues.

Oh and that new MGS game looks fúcking awesome.

I'm sure I'll pick up an Xbox One at some stage. I guess it depends on Sony's conference.

I think Microsoft can be proud of their conference and what they've showed but a quick clarification of used games etc and they'll probably shift a few people sitting on the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

When is the free 360 games with Gold starting O_O
    I guess today? Fable 3 is free after all.

Advertisement