Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

ShaneU wrote: »
    /facepalm

Yeah why would they respond to the huge sh1tstorm over it.

It has to check your xbox once every 24 hours and it plays used games with publishers permission. What more do you want to know ?

Go to gametrailers.com or something and find out what you want to know there. I'm sure they've covered it in a video over the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Liamario wrote: »
    I can't believe that there are people who think 500€ is acceptable. Wow. Titan falls is a timed exclusive- don't doubt that for a second. Bf 4 looked fantastic and makes cod look like garbage. You'll be surprised how many of those games are coming to ps4

I think Titanfall is coming to PC and 360 at the same time, who knows for PS4. I liked the look of it, looked like a fun game. Just on what Microsoft have shown and at the price, unless Sony screw it up, doesn't look like a good proposition at launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I guess today? Fable 3 is free after all.

Should be. Appears its only going to be running until the release of xbone.

link.

titan18 wrote: »
    I think Titanfall is coming to PC and 360 at the same time, who knows for PS4. I liked the look of it, looked like a fun game. Just on what Microsoft have shown and at the price, unless Sony screw it up, doesn't look like a good proposition at launch.

I think they said it's a timed exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Price it the same and they still have a chance. I think €450-€500 is right on the money. No way will it be less than €450, won't happen.

Been discussing it in the office post-MS event, and we THINK we might possibly see $479 for the PS4. It's only a slim chance, but I wouldn't rule it out. Definitely won't cost more than the XBO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was €519 on the recipt, just checked it now but that included PDZ, PGR3 and an extra controller. Smyths in Jervis back in the day. I remember it well. Finished work in Trinity on a Friday afternoon in the lashings of rain to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It was €519 on the recipt, just checked it now but that included PDZ, PGR3 and an extra controller. Smyths in Jervis back in the day. I remember it well. Finished work in Trinity on a Friday afternoon in the lashings of rain to collect it.
    That's a whole other story. I'd hardly count extra stuff gotten over and beyond the console as part of the console cost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you have a gold account, you'll get 2 free games each month as well, starting out with games like Halo 3 and AC2.

It's only up until the release of xbone though. It's not that much of a perk for Live Gold in comparison to what's already provided by PSN+.

I'm surprised there's a mini 360. How many revisions has that console gone through? Is it really worth it when you want to start flogging a new console later the same year?

Just from Gametrailers, they had Killzone Shadow Fall there, and there'll be gameplay footage tonight from the second level of the game they said.

I'm surprised there's a mini 360. How many revisions has that console gone through? Is it really worth it when you want to start flogging a new console later the same year?
    They've said they're planning on selling the 360 for another 5 years.

• Advertisement

They've said they're planning on selling the 360 for another 5 years.

I guess that makes sense for the people that don't have constant online access.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I guess that makes sense for the people that don't have constant online access.

I can understand it from a regional POV, the same way PS2 was continued on in South America. Just don't see why the bothered to re-design it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cerny on gametrailers now with Knack. Looks kind of interesting. Again, said they'll have gameplay footage tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Anyone know who that is that voices Miller at 3.45 there. Sounds really familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Didn't see the conference but what's up with the pricing, $499 in US, $669 in UK..?

I hope that new Metal Gear Solid is as good as it looks. It's been a long time since it was good enough to bother purchasing it. The open world could add a lot to the game.

Harps wrote: »
    Didn't see the conference but what's up with the pricing, $499 in US, $669 in UK..?

No, 499 euro and us dollar. 3 hundred and something in the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

No, 499 euro and us dollar. 3 hundred and something in the UK

430 pounds in the U.K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Fairly surprised at the conference to be honest, I was expecting a couple of decent games but nothing close to what they showed off. I'm interested in playing or at least seeing more of nearly everything they showed off, with the exception of Forza but purely by virtue of the fact that I'm not a realistic racer type person.

Couple of worries here and there obviously; Ryse could definitely do with less QTE, it does look rather impressive though, even if it's no real shock with the engine behind it. There was nothing really compelling about the Smartglass integration across the board and it seems more aimed at pushing their other platforms and acting as an answer to the WiiU Gamepad and future possible PS4/Vita usage than anything else. Project Spark looks promising but we definitely need more info about where the game creation stops and gameplay begins. Showing off Minecraft: XBox One Edition was foolish in my opinion as it just highlighted what many have already pointed out regarding the lifespan of digital purchases on PC vs. consoles.

As for the pricing, come on folks, we're on the eight generation of consoles, haven't we all figured out how tax works yet when comparing US and EU/UK prices? :pac:

Oh and regarding Titanfall, remember, it's an EA Partners game so I think it's safe to say you can forget about any kind of long term exclusivity.

Either way I've gone from not caring about the console at all to considering picking one up a year or so after launch. Couldn't have hoped for better than that really. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Fairly surprised at the conference to be honest, I was expecting a couple of decent games but nothing close to what they showed off. I'm interested in playing or at least seeing more of nearly everything they showed off, with the exception of Forza but purely by virtue of the fact that I'm not a realistic racer type person.

Couple of worries here and there obviously; Ryse could definitely do with less QTE, it does look rather impressive though, even if it's no real shock with the engine behind it. There was nothing really compelling about the Smartglass integration across the board and it seems more aimed at pushing their other platforms and acting as an answer to the WiiU Gamepad and future possible PS4/Vita usage than anything else. Project Spark looks promising but we definitely need more info about where the game creation stops and gameplay begins. Showing off Minecraft: XBox One Edition was foolish in my opinion as it just highlighted what many have already pointed out regarding the lifespan of digital purchases on PC vs. consoles.

As for the pricing, come on folks, we're on the eight generation of consoles, haven't we all figured out how tax works yet when comparing US and EU/UK prices? :pac:

Oh and regarding Titanfall, remember, it's an EA Partners game so I think it's safe to say you can forget about any kind of long term exclusivity.

Either way I've gone from not caring about the console at all to considering picking one up a year or so after launch. Couldn't have hoped for better than that really. :)

It was a huge mess with exclusive and non exclusive stuff. Like that Titanfall actually coming on PC too, where they were saying its exclusive. Really Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Metal Gear Solid looked amazing. That'll be a must buy. What was the story with the Swery game? I'm thinking that isn't going to be exclusive either, and I'm guessing it'll be another must buy. We already knew about Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4 which will be out on this gen too, so they aren't necessarily reasons to go next gen. The One showed some good stuff, but looks like the things I'd be most interested in will be on PS4 too. The One will need to do more to guarantee a purchase from me. I need something to make me ignore the online crap they added, and multiplat titles really will not do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really wanna see more of that Below game, looked really interesting and exclusive things like that are what will tip the balance for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Watching back over Xbox one now. Was a good pres actually. Didn't nearly make up for the Tv-fest but was a good step in rectifying that. Only thing is a lot of the games people are creaming over are available on Ps4 and PC too so its not exactly doing much to make xbone the front runner. Excited for Sony's conference now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It was a huge mess with exclusive and non exclusive stuff. Like that Titanfall actually coming on PC too, where they were saying its exclusive. Really Annoying.
    Hmm, I felt that outside of Titanfall it was pretty clear which was which during the keynote. They probably regard that title's timed exclusivity as a trump card or something, forgetting that a rather large number of CoD players won't give a monkies how many ex-IW devs are behind it. Personally I lost interest in the finer point when I heard it was on the PC too. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Castlevania lords of shadows 2 looks very impressive

must get the first game again now

D4 is actually exclusive to the One it seems, so was wrong in my previous post.

Did they say it was exclusive though ? Because I'm sure I heard them say it was a timed exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Did they say it was exclusive though ? Because I'm sure I heard them say it was a timed exclusive.

They're all timed exclusives pretty much, out of pure practicality

Advertisement