Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

EA must be working DICE like slaves with 3 games in development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

VinLieger wrote: »
    Huh? Probably similar layout to MS, whatever ps3/vita stuff they have will be chucked out as quickly as possible, then push all the ps4 stuff

The Vita will tie in to the PS4 though with the remote play feature, hope they show it in action.

KilOit wrote: »
    EA must be working DICE like slaves with 3 games in development

Think they have like 3 DICE studios at this stage. The DICE name will lose it's meaning if they start to slack, burning the candle at both ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

VinLieger wrote: »
    Huh? Probably similar layout to MS, whatever ps3/vita stuff they have will be chucked out as quickly as possible, then push all the ps4 stuff

Just trying to figure out if I'll stay up for the PS4 reveal if its shown first, or if it's going to be towards the end of their slot :)

Just trying to figure out if I'll stay up for the PS4 reveal if its shown first, or if it's going to be towards the end of their slot :)

I'd imagine they will get to it fairly quickly, they have to actually show it this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not sure what the microphone problems were at EA's conference were but a pretty decent showing from them.

FIFA, Madden and the UFC will pretty much sell themselves.

NFS is a franchise I just don't care about. All of those games seem very alike to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ohh yeah keep forgetting they havent shown the actual thing yet, i wont be bothering will just watch a replay tomorrow morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Go to bed if you got work etc, will be one long drawn out affair, xbox one didn't state the price till well into the presentation, sure they know a lot will switch off once they show price and release dates etc

The price and launch window are always kept till the end anyways. Can't walk up at the start and say the the PS4 is out in November world wide for €699. Oh btw here are some games we'd like to show off.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just realised that Gametrailers has a schedule up of their various interviews and press conferences.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/53866/the-e3-schedule-for-spike-and-gametrailers-is-here

Handy to know when to tune in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

humanji wrote: »
    I just realised that Gametrailers has a schedule up of their various interviews and press conferences.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/53866/the-e3-schedule-for-spike-and-gametrailers-is-here

Handy to know when to tune in.

Watching it on that, decent stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd say they'll open with the PS4, go into a PS3 game montage, and some Vita at about 2.30ish I'd say after a one or two game opening for the PS4, and then go back to the PS4 for the last hour, and unless the price is ridiculously low, probably will save that until the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

this is probably the best e3 i seen since i started watching in 2009

New console E3s are always good. The one in 2005 was epic with the 360, Wii and PS3 all being shown to the public for the first time. The last 2 were fairly stale with everyone expecting the next gen to show it's self but never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

this is probably the best e3 i seen since i started watching in 2009

In fairness that wouldn't be hard. The last good E3 was 2005:eek: The last couple of years have been absolute muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Vyse wrote: »
    In fairness that wouldn't be hard. The last good E3 was 2005:eek: The last couple of years have been absolute muck.

Given that this is the year that two new consoles are being released, it was always going to be great I felt.

Even EA had a solid showing. Hopefully Ubisoft follow suit.

At least this year there won't be much shovelware. The amount of that over the past few years was chronic with the move, kinect and dance stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just watched the BF4 demo and that looks amazing. I'm hoping that those set pieces such as the building falling are not scripted as that would make it more fun. On my list to get anyway!

Im guessing Destiny's gameplay reveal will be during the sony conference as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just watched the BF4 demo and that looks amazing. I'm hoping that those set pieces such as the building falling are not scripted as that would make it more fun. On my list to get anyway!

reckon it goes if the defenders lose that flag.

Looks like Supply Lines from Unreal, take each one but you cant take it back kinda like rush with one Mcom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

On the bus to the convention centre. Will let you know if I see anything interesting

On the bus to the convention centre. Will let you know if I see anything interesting

I hate you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm kind of curious as to how the guy who took all those photos managed to miss the 33 ton tank parked out front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I'm kind of curious as to how the guy who took all those photos managed to miss the 33 ton tank parked out front.

It's a stealth tank !

Only you military people have the computer chips in your head to see it. :pac:

And UBIsoft starting now.

Being opened by Jerry Cantrell? Strange way to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Jerry Cantrell? Fucking awesome way to start (I'm an Alice in Chains fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    reckon it goes if the defenders lose that flag.

Looks like Supply Lines from Unreal, take each one but you cant take it back kinda like rush with one Mcom.

Check the mini-map after it falls, think C vanishes and leaves A B D and E. Means you have a way to dig out an entrenched enemy but at the cost of losing a potential point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

"oh I am so excited" - no. You are being paid and probably never played a game in your life :pac:

Damn, I really want Archer to walk on stage. :D

• Advertisement

Aisha Tyler is literally the perfect woman

Advertisement