Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I know there's going to be a trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 today but I really hope for a release date as well.

It's funny because there was rumours after LOS1 that Castlevania could be put to rest due to disappointing sales prior to that games launch, LOS1 has been the most successful Castlevania to date.

Castlevania revival ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Just some E3 gifs for us all to enjoy

ibdS2ci8nfaxBA.gif

ibmJ8clQZiU2w9.gif

ibnk8He7VXVJmk.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

All i want is a ps4 price , last guardian and more footage of mgs 5

that is all i ever need :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

oh.....Thief! Completely forgot about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

cloud493 wrote: »
    ibnk8He7VXVJmk.gif

That is possibly the best thing on the internet, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

A pic of all the times for the conferences from NeoGaf, Might be handy to put in the OP?

e3times2013_zpse2257ac4.png~original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought Microsoft was on at 5? Did that change or did I just read wrong before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought Microsoft was on at 5? Did that change or did I just read wrong before?
    It has always been 5:30 our time, 9:30 am local time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

According to Geoff Keighley(from Gametrailers) twitter MS will have 20 games on stage, boy they need that amount. I am looking forward to the conferences but know i'll be probably saying this time tomorrow that I hope the Nintendo Directs saves E3.
    (Ah but the directs are nearly always good). Hoping the Vita gets some love too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Not going to happen, but I'd really like them to rethink their online thing. Failing that, they are going to have to really impress me with exclusive games. If I have to put up with nonsense, it does raise the barrier to impressing me substantially. Lost Odyssey 2 would be a good start, as a for instance. Or some other RPG or JRPG that ends up in a must own category. Would really help 'em win me over if they have a number of such titles in the first year of launch. Though, if they end up with such over the life cycle of the console that are exclusive and seem must own to me, that'll get me to buy.

Edit: I'm predicting we'll finally see the PS4 and there'll be backlash about its size. Judged by the components, it's likely to be pretty big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Judged by the components, it's likely to be pretty big.

And every bit as ugly as the Xbox One... but with more vents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

give me Shenmue 3, I give you money!

(highly unlikely but one can hope, especially with an e3 like this one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

All Sony has to do is walk out show the ps4, tell everyone that they are not doing any of that crap ms have been up to, and show some new games and give us a price and bish bash bosh e3 is theirs for the taking.

How can they fcuk it up? Hopefully with giant enemy crabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

COYVB wrote: »
    And every bit as ugly as the Xbox One... but with more vents

I don't think so. Sony has a history of more stylish product design than MS generally. It could still be huge though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

C14N wrote: »
    I don't think so. Sony has a history of more stylish product design than MS generally. It could still be huge though.

Stylish? The PS2 was an ugly lump with another lump sticking out of it. The PS3 is ugly too imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I don't get the concern of how consoles look, I don't usually stare at the box while playing games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Stylish? The PS2 was an ugly lump with another lump sticking out of it. The PS3 is ugly too imo.

Well the PS2 did come out quite a while ago. Imo it's no worse worse looking than the Gamecube and definitely better looking than the Xbox, especially when it went slim. I would have said the PS3 was nicer looking than the 360 too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

C14N wrote: »
    Well the PS2 did come out quite a while ago. Imo it's no worse worse looking than the Gamecube and definitely better looking than the Xbox, especially when it went slim. I would have said the PS3 was nicer looking than the 360 too.

Sorry but the PS2 is pretty much one of the ugliest consoles ever made. The awkward shape and the chicken wire grill are not aesthetically pleasing. The Gamecube is one of the best looking consoles imo, lovely compact design and the XBox may have been way too big but it definitely wasn't as ugly as the PS2.

Saying that I do expect a far better looking machine from Sony but we cold also get a PS2 ugly munter again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    give me Shenmue 3, I give you money!

(highly unlikely but one can hope, especially with an e3 like this one)

Nintendo Direct. Shows gameplay from Mario kart/Sonic Transformed and talks about characters and the games they're from, finishing with saying and "Ryu from the Shenmue trilogy" leading to the announcement of the Shenmue trilogy coming exclusively to Wii U.
    Would work better live with Reggie doing his dramatic pause after saying the first part so everyone takes it in before continuing with "That's right..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That Watch Dogs E3 trailer is amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Happy E3 Day!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sorry but the PS2 is pretty much one of the ugliest consoles ever made. The awkward shape and the chicken wire grill are not aesthetically pleasing. The Gamecube is one of the best looking consoles imo, lovely compact design and the XBox may have been way too big but it definitely wasn't as ugly as the PS2.

Saying that I do expect a far better looking machine from Sony but we cold also get a PS2 ugly munter again.

The GameCube is a nice looking console but it has a big ass handle that ruins it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

someone snuck into e3 while they were setting up: http://imgur.com/a/7UCkL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sorry lads, is this starting today? The timetable posted says Monday the 10th but I've seen elsewhere it starts on the 11th?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, is this starting today? The timetable posted says Monday the 10th but I've seen elsewhere it starts on the 11th?

Cheers.

Yes today. MS are on at 5pm then EA, Ubi Soft later and Sony at 2am. The E3 floor shows start tomorrow for 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Monday:
    Microsoft
    • US: 9:30am PDT, 11:30am CDT, 12:30pm EDT
    • EU: 5:30pm BST, 6:30pm CEST, 7:30pm EEST
    • AUS: 12:30am AWST, 2:00am ACST, 2:30am AEST
    EA
    • US: 1:00pm PDT, 3:00pm CDT, 4:00pm EDT
    • EU: 9:00pm BST, 10:00pm CEST, 11:00pm EEST
    • AUS: 4:00am AWST, 5:30am ACST, 6:00am AEST
    Ubisoft
    • US: 3:00pm PDT, 5:00pm CDT, 6:00pm EDT
    • EU: 11:00pm BST, 12:00am CEST, 1:00am EEST
    • AUS: 6:00am AWST, 7:30am ACST, 8:00am AEST
    Sony
    • US: 6:00pm PDT, 8:00pm CDT, 9:00pm EDT
    • EU: 2:00am BST, 3:00am CEST, 4:00am EEST
    • AUS: 9:00am AWST, 10:30am ACST, 11:00am AEST
    Tuesday:
    Nintendo Direct
    • US: 7:00am PDT, 9:00am CDT, 10:00am EDT
    • EU: 3:00pm BST, 4:00pm CEST, 5:00pm EEST
    • AUS: 10:00am AWST, 11:30am ACST, 12:00am AEST
    Pokémon X/Y Panel
    • US: 6:00pm PDT, 8:00pm CDT, 9:00pm EDT
    • EU: 2:00am BST, 3:00am CEST, 4:00am EEST
    • AUS: 9:00am AWST, 10:30am ACST, 11:00am AEST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Some leaked news I saw on Reddit about MS. They're saying the source is pretty reliable.
    Microsoft is buying out publishers to not mention the PS4 versions of multi-platform titles, so you can assume if the presenter does not say "EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX ONE", that it will also be on PS4.
    More in depth DRM info at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy, they're trying to just sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.
    Cloud power was designed as DRM. It was Microsoft's idea, and they approached other publishers. EA and Ubisoft support, Activision slightly less so.
    DRM plans are worse than what they have said.
    Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.
    Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.
    Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks. It is said that you still need Gold to play F2P games?
    Paywall for Xbox One.
    Dead Rising 3 as Xbox One exclusive. Exclusive DLC for another Capcom game.
    No paywall for PS4, but it's unconfirmed.
    Sony is very tight on their DRM policies, so no DRM info.

Advertisement