Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Division won't be out for a while anyway. Release window is for Fall 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

COYVB wrote: »
    Yeah, the complete lack of zombies definitely reminded me of DayZ too

Games differ generally but films and DayZ both have a similar theme where it's the other humans that are you main concern. It's the other players that are the main threat rather than the zombies or NPCs in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

The Division looks amazing, i didnt think i wanted a nextgen game more then watchdogs. Love the snowy aesthetic look to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Varik wrote: »
    Games differ generally but films and DayZ both have a similar theme where it's the other humans that are you main concern. It's the other players that are the main threat rather than the zombies or NPCs in this case.

Oh I know, I'm just a sarcastic ass:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

COYVB wrote: »
    Yeah, the complete lack of zombies definitely reminded me of DayZ too

Scavenging and teamwork, not zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

mon tfk sony, its like waiting for eva mendes on the red carpet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's because they felt over shadowed this year with the two big boys waving their new willies around while they have nothing to show except software only.

Nothing to do with that at all. They've been doing Nintendo direct for months now and felt it's a better way to show off what they have than E3 and less expensive and they are probably right. Nintendo have a history of shunning conferences like this, they've shunned TGS for years as well. They'll be continuing with Nintendo Direct from now on and not turning up to future E3 events.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Anyone else staying up for Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's because they felt over shadowed this year with the two big boys waving their new willies around while they have nothing to show except software only.

If the Xbox One is Microsoft's 'willy', I think they need to go out and buy a flash sports car to compensate for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They'll be continuing with Nintendo Direct from now on and not turning up to future E3 events.

They've arguably got a bigger presence at this E3 than they ever had. They're certainly not shunning it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No! No! No!

That's me trying to tell myself to go to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

A fair few of us, it seems.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nothing to do with that at all. They've been doing Nintendo direct for months now and felt it's a better way to show off what they have than E3 and less expensive and they are probably right. Nintendo have a history of shunning conferences like this, they've shunned TGS for years as well. They'll be continuing with Nintendo Direct from now on and not turning up to future E3 events.

I miss my Reggie fix. That year when he took the Gameboy micro from his inside pocket was class. Walking around with it in his pocket for about 45mins into the conference was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Right lads. My alarm just went off. Where can u watch the Sony press conference live?

gamespot
    ign
    gametrailers

I'd go with gametrailers.

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Right lads. My alarm just went off. Where can u watch the Sony press conference live?
    In the future :P

(Not the distant future, luckily. Less than half an hour.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

feck it i'm staying up, cmon Sony!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

what i hope from sony

Shenmue 3, last guardian , exclusives , vita price drop with games and ps4 priced 400 euros

Comon on Sony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Can someone please tell me when sony will be on? Is it within the next half hour?

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me when sony will be on? Is it within the next half hour?

on in 13 minutes, you have just enough time to make yourself a cocktail

• Advertisement

12mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

sheehy83 wrote: »
    on in 13 minutes, you have just enough time to make yourself a cocktail

Lol thanks, i think i just might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm knackered, Sony better deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's supposed to run for almost 2 hours, according to Geoff Keighley on GameTrailers.

Good god I'm going to be tired tomorrow. They're only letting people into the conference centre now so I dont think it'll be starting at 2 on the button.

i think gametrailers said it will go for about 2 hours.....the reality of having to get up at 8 is kicking in.....ok, i'm out, enjoy lads!

PS. They have a guy on their panel from USA Today who said he would like to see some GTA V at the sony conference. F*ck off home you nooooob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

It's supposed to run for almost 2 hours, according to Geoff Keighley on GameTrailers.

Good god I'm going to be tired tomorrow. They're only letting people into the conference centre now so I dont think it'll be starting at 2 on the button.

Work at 9, Should be fun

The one time shift work comes into it's own.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

work at 9 as well. just back from pub, but will sip a few more cans. hopefully sony will deliver. titanfall looked impressive

• Advertisement

Advertisement