Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

what's a paywall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

C14N wrote: »
    what's a paywall?

I think it means if there is a free to play game, it will require XBL Gold to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Microsoft is buying out publishers to not mention the PS4 versions of multi-platform titles, so you can assume if the presenter does not say "EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX ONE", that it will also be on PS4.
    More in depth DRM info at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy, they're trying to just sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.
    Cloud power was designed as DRM. It was Microsoft's idea, and they approached other publishers. EA and Ubisoft support, Activision slightly less so.
    DRM plans are worse than what they have said.
    Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.
    Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.
    Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks. It is said that you still need Gold to play F2P games?
    Paywall for Xbox One.
    Dead Rising 3 as Xbox One exclusive. Exclusive DLC for another Capcom game.
    No paywall for PS4, but it's unconfirmed.
    Sony is very tight on their DRM policies, so no DRM info..

That is some scumy move! I know its just a Rumour, but feck it. It is something 100% MS would do and I am pushed even further away from them. I think ill put a few more quid on top of my preorder on ps4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That Gamespot Preview was fairly useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That is some scumy move! I know its just a Rumour, but feck it. It is something 100% MS would do and I am pushed even further away from them. I think ill put a few more quid on top of my preorder on ps4.

Sony will be doing the same. Who wants developers coming out on stage, during your event, and showing a new game and saying at the end "also available on the direct competitors device".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

In fairness both sony and MS have been doing this for years. Assasins creeds TV ads used to have the PS3 logo only

Its a non issue really

NTMK wrote: »
    In fairness both sony and MS have been doing this for years. Assasins creeds TV ads used to have the PS3 logo only

Its a non issue really

Well I would not be surprised if the games are announced in the actual conference of Ms or Sony, not to mention competitors platform, but a lot of developers have their own time and booth. So I presume MS is paying developers to not mention Sony as a platform even outside of MS conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can anyone remember the last time a third party mentioned a competitor's product at Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo's press conferences previously?

I call bullsh!t on that one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

MS are pretty screwed if they don't somehow pull off a miracle at E3. Pretty much all horrible reviews so far.

They could also play the "you suggested, we listened" card and use this whole bad publicity to show how much they listen to their customers and fix the bad stuff. Thatd be sly. Too sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Pretty much sums it up....

9ms4eAy.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Well I would not be surprised if the games are announced in the actual conference of Ms or Sony, not to mention competitors platform, but a lot of developers have their own time and booth. So I presume MS is paying developers to not mention Sony as a platform even outside of MS conference.

They will talk about the game with out mentioning the competitor device but on the advertisment banner they will show the logo.

They will also show you actual* gameplay footage from the Xbone/ps4 depending on who pays more

*actual meaning pc footage with a NGC sitting in a display cabinet

Where is the best place to stream the MS and Sony conferences lads?

Where is the best place to stream the MS and Sony conferences lads?

I usually watch gametrailers covereage if the stream doesnt **** itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Microsoft is buying out publishers to not mention the PS4 versions of multi-platform titles, so you can assume if the presenter does not say "EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX ONE", that it will also be on PS4.
    I don't remember developers ever saying during MS/Sony/Nintendo press conferences that the game will also be available on another system. Nor do they, when making promotional videos for one of the above talk about the other systems. As a for instance, Sony uploaded a Watch Dogs video and the guy was talking about how much more you can do with the PS4 VS the PS3. People in the comments took this to mean stuff the PS4 can do, the Xbox One couldn't, that it was closer to the PS3.

.... Yeah...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Really looking forward to hearing some news on Thief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I would always assume a game is going to be on all systems unless the console owner says otherwise. That's why I kept watching the 360 conferences last gen, a huge portion of the games shown would be on PC and PS3 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it me, or are there very few leaks this year? It's as if the other companies saw the reaction to Ubisoft's surprise game last year and decided no one would hear about games they don't announce themselves beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Finally, some in-game footage of Ninja Gaiden by way of Afro Samurai, directed by Inafune.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really looking forward to hearing some news on Thief.

Heard it's going to be a 'live action' trailer :rolleyes:
    gizmo wrote: »
    Finally, some in-game footage of Ninja Gaiden by way of Afro Samurai, directed by Inafune.

Looks like a typical Spark Unlimited game: gash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like a typical Spark Unlimited game: gash.
    The key difference being the involvement of Inafune via Comcept. It worked well for Soul Sacrifice so fingers crossed the same happens here. I'm not really expecting a classic by any means but it can't be more disappointing than Ninja Gaiden 3. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wish they wouldn't bother with the live action stuff and I liked the Arkham Origins one. But its pure unreflective of the product, you might aswell show a Lego version for what they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oddly enough it's the Vita stuff that I'm most excited for. Sony opening the door to indie developers has already led to some brilliant stuff on their handheld and with the likes of Guacamellee, Limbo, Soundshapes and the rest already eating up my playing time, I'm looking forward to getting more of that kind of stuff. We're getting the kind of experiences on it now that would have, in the past, only been available on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Burgo wrote: »
    someone snuck into e3 while they were setting up: http://imgur.com/a/7UCkL

First photoshopped version of one of those pictures...

mnVnHOb.jpg

...just in case you want to wind someone up!

Good idea, bad execution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I almost didn't see that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Heard it's going to be a 'live action' trailer :rolleyes:

Egh, I hope we get to see much more of the game than just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Looking forward to finding out more about the PS4, there really hasn't been a huge amount confirmed about it yet, and for Xbox to finish their reveal with some games.

So 17:30 this evening? Or I missed something? So where do you chose to watch it? I might stay for MS conference, but no way ill be able to stay for others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Internet is **** in college so I might have to miss the MS live conference :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna give EA a go tonight at 9pm just for the new UFC game trailer. Will catch up on Ubi and Sony in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

As usual gonna watch as much as i can live but doubt ill stay awake for the sony conference, crossing my fingers for a Mirrors Edge 2 confirmation/announcement during EAs conference other than that nothing massive on my radar but curious to see what unannounced titles MS and Sony have in their belts

Advertisement