Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's the ballox conversion rate of $1 = 1 euro I'm not happy with. Still better than 499.

I think the UK conversion is even worse for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

microsoft lost that bad. they have to come back at sony..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

It's the ballox conversion rate of $1 = 1 euro I'm not happy with. Still better than 499.

Its more to do with the fact Americans don't include tax in their prices whereas we do, technically its 399$ and 299eish if you don't count the tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

it's not really $1 = €1 though, as well you know

tax isn't included in US price, it is in Euro price. It's more along the lines of $399 + 15% = $460ish, which is about €350. Not quite where it should be, but not as bad as it sounds on paper

Amazon UK with their £699 placeholder price.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They say €399 but will shops here be allowed to mark it up or what? Is it a set price?

Nolars wrote: »

There's no coming back from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Very impressive by Sony ripped the piss out of MS big time

Love the look of Second Sun

Still sticking by the WiiU though as im a Nintendo fan through and through

But well done Sony *Doffs cap*

J. Marston wrote: »
    They say €399 but will shops here be allowed to mark it up or what? Is it a set price?

shops can charge €1000 if they want, but they won't. €399 is the RRP, if anything, you might find it cheaper online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Nolars wrote: »

I can see a lot of that DRM schnazz going bye-bye and all the poorwill generated from it dissipating as soon as they get their gaf in order. Keep in mind, this is the same brand that came back from an astronomical hardware failure rate at the start of last-gen; they've got experience coming from behind.

Mind, a lot of 360's mid-gen success could be attributed to Sony's perpetual fumbling; the very Sony that seems to have come out not so much with guns blazing, but a veritable army in its tow.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

€399 is the RRP, the shops can do what they want really. And seeing as there is little to competition anymore, thats not good. No GAME, HMV, Xtravision. Gamestop and Smyths have this, maybe Tesco will force them to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Jesus. Fúcking. Christ.

That was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hmm but no release date other than holiday season :eek: that could be December 24th imagine the rush before chrimbo for one of these

COYVB wrote: »

tax isn't included in US price, it is in Euro price. It's more along the lines of $399 + 15% = $460ish, which is about €350. Not quite where it should be, but not as bad as it sounds on paper

You're working it out wrong, its better than you make it look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

shops can charge €1000 if they want, but they won't. €399 is the RRP, if anything, you might find it cheaper online

with the likes of amazon and tesco direct, bricks and mortar shops will have to keep the price competitive

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I can see a lot of that DRM schnazz going bye-bye and all the poorwill generated from it dissipating as soon as they get their gaf in order. Keep in mind, this is the same brand that came back from an astronomical hardware failure rate at the start of last-gen; they've got experience coming from behind.

Mind, a lot of 360's mid-gen success could be attributed to Sony's perpetual fumbling; the very Sony that seems to have come out not so much with guns blazing, but a veritable army in its tow.

Sony only got it's act together with PSN+ ever since they are on a roll after the hacking blip and PSN offline for 2 weeks because of it. Hope they learned.

You're working it out wrong, its better than you make it look too.

Where's the error?

15% of $399 is just shy of $60

$1 = €0.752

$459 = €345.549

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Hmm but no release date other than holiday season :eek: that could be December 24th imagine the rush before chrimbo for one of these

It's November

I might be shot for that, but it's November

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah 50 euro mark up is a lot of money and it's also much less than 15% in the majority of states in the US.

You're getting ripped off plain and simple.

I aint:D

Viva North Murca

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'll probably get mine in the US like I did my PS3.

I wonder if it's region free as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its the way gaming industry should be. None of this DRM crap. As usual MS are greedy and they thought they could get away with it but they'll have their tails between in their legs now. After all the success that was the 360 they turn around and treat their fans like this its disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I havent gotten a console day 1 since either the dreamcast or N64 think I will be with this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ah 50 euro mark up is a lot of money and it's also much less than 15% in the majority of states in the US.

That €50 get's me actual consumer rights from Ireland and the EU, the US gets 1 year and no comeback after that.

I'd paid the Irish price on the console for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is it not common knowledge that every console announced will be the same price in dollars as it will be in euros... Meaning 399$ will = 399€ in euros... It happens with every console... It's just how things go, everything is cheaper in America aswell...

Where's the error?

15% of $399 is just shy of $60

$1 = €0.752

$459 = €345.549

Sony are charging Americans 399$ without tax, if we were to take tax off our price it would be 299e or thereabouts.

Going by your exchange rate that you've included that means pre tax price is roughly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's tiny compared to what I thought it would be. I really hope the first batches are well built, with no problems.

Have to say, I'm absolutely chuffed with that. For a while it looked like gaming was getting more expensive and more restrictive, but that made me all warm and giddy. And I'm probably too old for that, haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Amazon UK with their £699 placeholder price.:D

Goes to £349 when added to cart. Pre-ordered it there with free one day delivery (prime) :D

I'll cancel it if some nice bundles are announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Advertisement

$30 in the price difference before tax.

Advertisement