Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

$399=€300.376 (xe.com)
    €+VAT@23%=€369.46

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Game over MS, you stupid greedy bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah 50 euro mark up is a lot of money and it's also much less than 15% in the majority of states in the US.

You're getting ripped off plain and simple.

There isn't a 50e mark up though.

Our tax is nearly 10% higher than theirs, that's not Sony's fault tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Gamestop are tweeting mad about the PS4, even sharing that joke game sharing instructional video. They're going to be pushing the PS4 way over the Xbox, because they'll make far more money off it from the used games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Sony are charging Americans 399$ without tax, if we were to take tax off our price it would be 299e or thereabouts.

Going by your exchange rate that you've included that means pre tax price is roughly the same.

Gotcha, so €399 = 123% of pre-tax price in ireland, making pre tax price €324, and €324 = $430, so euro difference is €22.58

There we go, it's €22.58 more expensive in Ireland than the states

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Gamestop are tweeting mad about the PS4, even sharing that joke game sharing instructional video. They're going to be pushing the PS4 way over the Xbox, because they'll make far more money off it from the used games.

Have MS officially confirmed their stand point on the used, second had and DRM restrictions yet. I know Sony are clear cut but I can't believe MS will still go with it after this.

I know I was getting a PS4 pre E3 but I didn't think it would go this way. I thought all that would divide this gen was exclusives, not business model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Have MS officially confirmed their stand point on the used, second had and DRM restrictions yet. I Sony are clear cut but I can't believe MS will still go with it after this.

They have the whole console designed around it, I don't think they can change it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They have said their policies are subject to change, so they have an out if they wanted to take it. Though, there is a whole lot going on here that Sony have the advantage on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Funny video on sharing games, there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

COYVB wrote: »
    Gotcha, so €399 = 123% of pre-tax price in ireland, making pre tax price €324, and €324 = $430, so euro difference is €22.58

Yeah we get slightly screwed alright but it looks worse than it is.

Anyway the PS+ makes up for it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd pay 100 euro extra to play killer instinct .....

They have the whole console designed around it, I don't think they can change it now.

But is that rumor or has it been actually proven. All the 3rd parties are saying they don't know where they stand on the issue with regards the Xone, Bethesda, Activision etc.

COYVB wrote: »

You also forgot the Euro or 2 for the PRF :P

EDIT: Looks like they might be exempt actually, could've sworn they were included til a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Maybe I'm just easy to entertain when I'm so tired, but this comment from the ps4 used games video cracked me up.
    capsparrow100 4 minutes ago
    *SHOTS FIRED SHOTS FIRED* XBOX ONE DOWN. SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE
    WII U WII U WII U

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You know I have to say **** you Microsoft. Usually the biggest cheers at E3 go to the announcement of a new Zelda or the next Uncharted game. This year it will be for the announcement that you actually own the games you buy on a Sony console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Microsoft can't have made such a big mistake surely? $/€100 is a big difference, especially when they're side-by-side on the shelves. Also, MS must have known Sony would do do something like this as Sony are desperate considering their financial position.

The cynic in me thinks that MS know that Sony won't be able to make them quick enough so when people are in the shops and the choice is another 100 bucks for the Xbox or no console for Xmas people will nearly always choose the Xbox. Then after Xmas when stock of the PS is more plentiful they can drop the price down to match. One thing that did stick out was MS said it will be in stores in November, which is pretty late for Xmas, but Sony would only say 'holiday season' which to me is black Friday (late Nov) through to first week of January.

It looks like the developers are fairly evenly split right now, hopefully the benefits to the retailers of the PS4 will push it over the edge and make it a landslide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well played Sony. Absolutely smashed Microsoft with those announcements. Great price, for a great looking console, with no always online requirement. Some snazzy looking games too. Still prefer my pc, but i'll definitely be getting the PS4 at this stage.

Was it only Halo and Forza as Xbox exclusives?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Was it only Halo and Forza as Xbox exclusives?

There was that Remedy game with time fractures, looked good. Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Titanfall. That's all the big exclusives.

I will miss not having Dead Rising or Forza this gen. The GT series just does not compare imo. I'll miss Halo too, really like the franchise but Xone offers nothing more. Might get a One in a few years but PS4 and Vita it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

There's D4 too. New game from Swery of Deadly Premonition fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Thought dead rising 3 was a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Was hoping Fallout 4 would be announced. Ah well, Microsoft got destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Courtesy of Wikipeda at 5.12am:
    Jack Tretton[1] is the President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment, which is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation.[2] He is primarily responsible for the company's United States market. Jack committed a murder on June 10th, 2013, with his brutal slaying of Microsoft's Xbox One game console.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

tumblr_mo7lu1jR931rmr7d7o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mo7lu1jR931rmr7d7o2_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I keep thinking Microsoft are just pulling off an epic troll.

Then I remember Windows Vista. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Gamestop Ireland just posted on Facebook a while ago that in order to play Online you need PS Plus ... Is this true? I heard nothing about this ... Free online was always the best thing about the PS3...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Yep WarZoneBrother PsPlus required to play online but if you have PSPlus already on the PS3 it will carry over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yep WarZoneBrother PsPlus required to play online but if you have PSPlus already on the PS3 it will carry over

Ahh damn that kinda sucks :(

Advertisement