Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr E wrote: »
    "The Moment Sony Won E3 2013" (courtesy of Eurogamer)

Totally agree.

MS have made a balls with all this drm crap.

Well played Sony, as this is coming from someone that you could define as an xbox fan boy.

I'll be sticking with my 360 as long as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Balmers running up and down an office in redmond right now roaring his head off

And not in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ha ha. I love the massive cheer that goes up when they confirm they will be supporting used games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Roar wrote: »
    Ha ha. I love the massive cheer that goes up when they confirm they will be supporting used games.

Up until now, I was under the impression that this war on used games was being pushed by the publisher, and expected Sony to do something similar to what MS are doing.

Obviously not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

just watching this video really puts into context how much MS are screwing over customers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yep WarZoneBrother PsPlus required to play online but if you have PSPlus already on the PS3 it will carry over

Did it say anything about things like netflix, or was it mentioned that it's purely for online games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Did it say anything about things like netflix, or was it mentioned that it's purely for online games?

He said for media services you do not need ps+. I presume that means netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MS have some serious damage control ahead of them to pull this out of the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched as far as the console reveal. from the sound of it, I need to watch the rest. Fair play to Sony.

Maybe I missed it in tweets and posts here, but did EA put in an appearance? Coincidence if they didn't?

Nintendo need to announce a Wii U price drop now with the PS4 only around $50 more than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I was really excited for DR3 as well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it in tweets and posts here, but did EA put in an appearance? Coincidence if they didn't?

EA had their own conference last night about 9pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I love how the video is basically like "Oh Microsoft did this? What a terrible idea, we won't be doing that!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

EA had their own conference last night about 9pm.

Yeah, sorry, I meant at the Sony conference, the same way they had a spot at the MS conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PS4's design is not final yet but very close according to Sony. They have not yet ruled out multiple SKUs at launch. The icing on the cake for me is that the HDD is removable and can be upgraded like the PS3, brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Burgo wrote: »

That would be great news for me. I might get one while I'm living in Canada and I'd like to keep it when I get back again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I think Sony waiting until E3 to reveal the console was a good move too, because most articles I've seen that deal with both the Microsoft and Sony conferences has a picture of the PS4 as the main image, as that was, besides used game policy etc, the big unknown.

Looking at the size of the PS4 I wonder will it have a power brick. It's very compact compared to the Xone and that will have a power brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just catching up on the PS4 news. Can anyone honestly think of a good reason to buy an Xbox One now? Titanfall looked great but I'd bet it's a timed exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watched the replay of the conference on youtube......My Mind is in smithereens all over the floor.

1 - The PS4 itself is really nice and slick, will look great under the telly!

2 - PS+ to carry over, Drive Club as first free game. Don't care that you will need PS+ to play online, it's too a good a service not to buy (50 euro a year)

3 - The games looks brilliant, the indie games got a great reception

4 - Share your games all you want, nuff said

5 - €399 :eek:

Best E3 in years and well done to Sony, outdid yerselves!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its kind of amazing that such as massive company could get it so wrong. Did they do any market research??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'd say they didn't even care. You would want to not care to do what they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have to say im really disappointed with the Final Fantasy reveal. I hated 13 so was hoping theyd go back to their roots.

Now they have just made it an action game. I used to love the turn based combat of older Final Fantasy games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I wouldn't worry too much about those XBOne "exclusives". Titan Fall is coming to PC etc.

Halo 5 is not even a launch title so I don't know where customers are going to get the incentive to purchase Microsofts machine. It looks like if you have a PC you're going to get everything XBone is offering anyway so the logical thing to do would be to grab a PS4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Looking at the size of the PS4 I wonder will it have a power brick. It's very compact compared to the Xone and that will have a power brick.

This is an image of the back of it

Appears to have a similar plug connection to PS2/PS3.

More pictures on their Facebook Page for anyone interested:
    https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation/photos_stream
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Its kind of amazing that such as massive company could get it so wrong. Did they do any market research??

MS did state that people will buy their product anyway, regardless of what else is put out by others. More or less indicating they consider themselves their own market.

One thing thats getting me about these new consoles, they are quite expensive! for a couple hundred more you could build a pretty high spec gaming pc!!

Then build one that can still play the newest releases in 7-8 years time and get back to us on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

They do but it would consist of looking at what current 360 users are doing with their 360 i.e watching netflix/sky. and instead of looking into why they're using these services as opposed to gaming they're looking at it and going thats what people need

They did the same thing with Win8. they saw the market trend that tablets will start to outsell pcs and decided to make Win8 lean so heavily towards touch devices that they turned off pc users because they never looked at the fact that tablet owners usually have a PC for different purposes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I hope not, I still hate how my Wii uses an external transformer.
    One thing thats getting me about these new consoles, they are quite expensive! for a couple hundred more you could build a pretty high spec gaming pc!!

Xbox is sort of expensive but PS4 at €400 is a fairly standard launch price for a console. 360 cost about the same iirc. You have to count inflation against anything older than that really.

I assume you're referring to the MS DRM policy. I reckon that they were sure that Sony would follow up. This would mean all 3 "next gen" consoles (PS4, One and PC) would have heavy DRM and no second hand games. So they thought consumers would just bend over and take it like a bitch. If Sony were on board, we would take it too. I have to imagine MS are now having meetings deciding whether they should do a u-turn and just say "actually, we decided not to do any of those things" so that they can actually still compete.

Advertisement