Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

C14N wrote: »
    Me neither. ATM it's only available in massive TVs (80"+) that I'm not even sure are on the market. It will inevitably become standard somewhere down the line though. I remember not caring at all about HD in 2006 when I got my Wii, now the high-end smartphones have 1080p screens.

The main problem with 4K is the amount of storage space required for it. There's no compact disc media big enough to use for it. Meaning it's also going to be hard to support via downloads/streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The main problem with 4K is the amount of storage space required for it. There's no compact disc media big enough to use for it. Meaning it's also going to be hard to support via downloads/streaming.

There's 3+ layered Bluray such as the 128GB BDXL, and there's been development in far larger proprietary version from manufacturers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I just love the fact that Sony is putting so much weight behind their indie game catalogue. Getting the likes of 17bit Games and Klei up on stage is a real statement of intent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I thought we would have seen the Steambox....any word that Valve have something planned?! Are they even at E3? Can you imagine Gabe Newell whispering HL3? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Varik wrote: »
    There's 3+ layered Bluray such as the 128GB BDXL, and there's been development in far larger proprietary version from manufacturers.

Is that enough?

I've read things of the following:
    At 4K resolution, a 90-minute movie running at 30 frames per second would require more than 3.6 terabytes of storage. That’s part of the reasons studios tend to ship digital movies to cinemas on physical hard disks.

Which can be found here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/4k-hd-explainers-sony-lg-content-delivery-availability/
    Yousef wrote: »
    I thought we would have seen the Steambox....any word that Valve have something planned?! Are they even at E3? Can you imagine Gabe Newell whispering HL3? :eek:

They said they won't be at E3.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

They said they won't be at E3.

Gabe Newells a kunt! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yousef wrote: »

Steam ain't at E3 and they ain't saying anything about HL3 :(

Unless the steam box is going to seamlessly run windows games in linux then it will leave people scratching their heads I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

'E3' contains a '3' in it. Valve can't count to 3 - therefore this event only baffles them. No numbers at GamesCom, maybe they will show up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Varik wrote: »
    That TV is terrible, all it has is 4k there's barely any setting for picture and it lacks all but the most basic of features.

Well look at the price something had to give, similar features are left out of the Korean 1400p monitors but thier selling like hotcakes..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have a question for console gamers. Will many of you be considering buying a new TV to go with your new console? You'd need a 1080p TV to get the most from the hardware.

Also, the prices are €399 and €499, but will most people be buying bundles containing games or an extra controller etc and spending a bit more than the basic console price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have a question for console gamers. Will many of you be considering buying a new TV to go with your new console? You'd need a 1080p TV to get the most from the hardware.

Nope, already have one.
    Also, the prices are €399 and €499, but will most people be buying bundles containing games or an extra controller etc and spending a bit more than the basic console price?

Will probably spend €500 on a launch bundle. One/two games and an extra joypad.

beno619 wrote: »
    Well look at the price something had to give

The TV grows mould , how's that for a feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

heres to you sony and nintendo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I got a new TV a couple of months back, mainly cause I have a PC hooked up to it these days but knowing I'd probably be getting the PS4 in 6 months was what swung it for me when I found a good deal.

Nintendo is up in 45 minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes,I rarely watch tv these days anyway and I'm thinking of building a new pc anyway,so I think I'll just buy a very good monitor and have it hooked up to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What time does Wii U start at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Headshot wrote: »
    What time does Wii U start at?

20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MZBDdSy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

COYVB wrote: »
    And every bit as ugly as the Xbox One... but with more vents
    C14N wrote: »
    I don't think so. Sony has a history of more stylish product design than MS generally. It could still be huge though.

Told you :P

There is the gaming humor thread for all the E3 funnies and the E3 vids thread for youtube links people. All the gifs and vids in this thread are starting to piss me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

There is the gaming humor thread for all the E3 funnies and the E3 vids thread for youtube links people. All the gifs and vids in this thread are starting to piss me off.

X box owner? :pac:

PC gamer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Anyone else expecting someone from Nintendo to come on, start to say something and then just say "Ah, what's the point?" and walk off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

mikom wrote: »
    X box owner? :pac:

Well I am, and all the gifs sum up my feelings on the matter.

Keep em coming!

Anybody got a working stream for the nintendo conference?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New mario looks superb, very like 3D land.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

humanji wrote: »
    Anyone else expecting someone from Nintendo to come on, start to say something and then just say "Ah, what's the point?" and walk off?

lmao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqufGN18zrvQwZE6rpqUMS1c0L-X5sdarWKFfWQ79AqCvCGjra

Advertisement