Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

GTR63 wrote: »
    Beyond Good and Evil 2 would kick most of their asses.

Shenmue 3 then Beyond Good and Evil 2 then Last Guardian for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Azza wrote: »
    Single player for the first game was good but not amazing. But the series really shines in multiplayer once you understand the game mechanics, I don't think there is an RTS that can touch it.

As for the second one, its got some improvements and some area's that I feel aren't as good as the first but its still good. Just not making the impact on me the first game did. I probably have 40 hours or so played between the open and closed beta's, so I've more than got my money out of it and that's even before the games released.

I loved the campaign in CoH, the british and german expansion (tales of honor?)was fairly tame compared to the original, build artillery, win.
    I've been playing co-op versus ai in CoH2 and it's actually really good. The AI can be incredibly hard even on low difficulty if you don't setup right. I've preordered it based on playing around 20 hours of the open beta. The nifty little unlocks are a nice gimmick too, especially if you use a shedload of conscripts like i do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Varik wrote: »
    The PC is also on the old engine with the others.

I wonder will this happen with many games this Christmas? I was hoping to lap a good few up on PC so I could get shiny new graphics without paying launch prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

C14N wrote: »
    I wonder will this happen with many games this Christmas? I was hoping to lap a good few up on PC so I could get shiny new graphics without paying launch prices...

I'd say you'll be grand, since most games won't be using 2 different engines like Fifa is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Only games aimed squarely at the casual market would do what EA are doing with Fifa. Normally anyway. Most games do the high end stuff and tack on some support for low end machines varying from company to company how well the they do the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    My point being though was, is Fifa 14 the first game to be released on 3 different console generations? Remarkable stuff

I think fifa already did that with the PS1,PS2 & PS3.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Just out of Rome II. Demolished the Egyptian Navy. It is very definitely a Total War game, with in some cases a lot more depth to it. I wish them luck and may even by the game. On mobile, so short post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just out of Rome II. Demolished the Egyptian Navy. It is very definitely a Total War game, with in some cases a lot more depth to it. I wish them luck and may even by the game. On mobile, so short post

Were you in uniform at E3 yesterday by any chance? I was watching a live cam on gamespot and it panned across and someone looking remarkably like you walked by the camera. Long shot I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never like Rome, Medieval(s) was my favourite with Shogun(s) second.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Were you in uniform at E3 yesterday by any chance? I was watching a live cam on gamespot and it panned across and someone looking remarkably like you walked by the camera. Long shot I know.

No, I was in black polo shirt wearing cavalry Stetson. USAF and US Army personnel were present in uniform (For Pros vs Joes) and I made friends with a British Army Major also in uniform who was evaluating game technology

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    Only games aimed squarely at the casual market would do what EA are doing with Fifa. Normally anyway. Most games do the high end stuff and tack on some support for low end machines varying from company to company how well the they do the latter.

So does that mean that PC will generally get the next-gen version too? No interest in FIFA personally, the big one I was thinking of was Watch Dogs, I'd want to play the most up-to date version.

It's kind of funny how PC gamers like to talk about how great our graphics are but we still have to wait for a new console generation before most games start to run on newer engines that will actually improve the graphics a lot :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It's kind of funny how PC gamers like to talk about how great our graphics are but we still have to wait for a new console generation before most games start to run on newer engines that will actually improve the graphics a lot :p

have you ever tried to read a newspaper or a magazine with a slow reader? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can't wait for the new COD, looks really innovative and original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I know, that new engine completely blows the previous game out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I know, that new engine completely blows the previous game out of the water.

Really, Looks no different to me, and definitely the least impressive looking next gen game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MadYaker wrote: »
    Can't wait for the new COD, looks really innovative and original.

g9pepl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Really, Looks no different to me, and definitely the least impressive looking next gen game.

But the next gen AI really pulls you in.
    The motion capture is state of the art.
    The graphics are way beyond what the PS3 and Xbox 360 can handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What did the Sega Spectrum thing turn out to be?

But the next gen AI really pulls you in.

True, fish swimming out of your way is really a sight to behold, who knows what they'll come up with next now that this technology is available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

From youtube

"I wonder if Mad Max is going to use Mel Gibson's image and give extra trophies for Jew kills."

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

So does that mean that PC will generally get the next-gen version too? No interest in FIFA personally, the big one I was thinking of was Watch Dogs, I'd want to play the most up-to date version.

Well, EA will go for the largest possible install base because FIFA PC players will include people who wouldn't normally play many games on the PC so they won't have put a lot of money into hardware. It would be fairly trivial to port from the XBox One or the PS4 to the PC so I don't see why they wouldn't include both engines and just do a "select DX 9 or DX 11" option to pick which engine to run like say Creative Assembly do with the Total War series which also aims at a wide install base.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Titan Fall looks like it could be a great game from E3
    Think it might be XBox One exclusive tho

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Titan Fall looks like it could be a great game from E3
    Think it might be XBox One exclusive tho

It's coming to the PC as well thankfully so won't miss out on it for buying the PS4. in regards to shooters though Destiny looks well sick. Will be interesting to see how it plays. Shame about no PC release but I'm sure it will be fine on the consoles being the power houses they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

the 3 games I like the look of are Titanfall,Battlefield 4 and sunset overdrive

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Korasa wrote: »
    It's coming to the PC as well thankfully so won't miss out on it for buying the PS4. in regards to shooters though Destiny looks well sick. Will be interesting to see how it plays. Shame about no PC release but I'm sure it will be fine on the consoles being the power houses they are.

They havent ruled PC out

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

VinLieger wrote: »
    They havent ruled PC out

True but nothing is announced yet which leaves me to assume if there is a PC release it will be a good bit down the line and contingent on the console releases success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Titanfall is conformed for 360,XBO and PC. The question is PS4 after the timed exclusive deal with MS is over. Look at some the early 360/PC exclusive IPs that made its way over to the PS3 this generation. Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Lost Planet, Bioshock, Limbo.

returnNull wrote: »
    the 3 games I like the look of are Titanfall,Battlefield 4 and sunset overdrive

Sunset Overdrive looked interesting but they didn't show any gameplay so I'm really not sure if I'm excited for it or not.
    VinLieger wrote: »
    They havent ruled PC out

Seems like Bungie aren't keen on PC anymore though. I don't think they've released a PC game since Halo 2 and that didn't work out very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sunset Overdrive looked interesting but they didn't show any gameplay so I'm really not sure if I'm excited for it or not.

Seems like Bungie aren't keen on PC anymore though. I don't think they've released a PC game since Halo 2 and that didn't work out very well.

Completely different scenario considering halo games didnt sell on PC plus it was a piss poor port, all depends on how many copies activision think they can sell on whether it comes to PC

Advertisement