Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2013

1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

VinLieger wrote: »
    Completely different scenario considering halo games didnt sell on PC plus it was a piss poor port, all depends on how many copies activision think they can sell on whether it comes to PC

Halo 2 being a Vista exclusive pretty much doomed it from the start. Even if it was a good port it'd have done poorly as the community was very much trenchant about staying with XP. All that combined with FPS being a very old thing in gaming terms on the PC platform anyway, so the game had a lot of mature competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

nesf wrote: »
    Halo 2 being a Vista exclusive pretty much doomed it from the start. Even if it was a good port it'd have done poorly as the community was very much trenchant about staying with XP. All that combined with FPS being a very old thing in gaming terms on the PC platform anyway, so the game had a lot of mature competition.

Also halo is actually a very slow game for an FPS which works on a console but is horrible when playing on a PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Also halo is actually a very slow game for an FPS which works on a console but is horrible when playing on a PC

Imagine what Killzone would have been like on the PC, it's slower again.

But yeah, at the time of Halo 2 the PC had the likes of Far Cry, Half Life 2, FEAR. Heavy competition for a console port to try and take on dedicated designed from ground up PC fps games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Completely different scenario considering halo games didnt sell on PC plus it was a piss poor port, all depends on how many copies activision think they can sell on whether it comes to PC

Exactly my point. I'm sure it will be Activision's decision in the end though. If they think they can sell enough on it, surely they'll port it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Lol, I just had the image of trying to play Quake 2 with a console controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lol, I just had the image of trying to play Quake 2 with a console controller.

Quake 2 came out on the playstation 1, it was woeful trying to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'd have thought Destiny would be well suited for PC, with it being an MMO styled game it wouldn't have that same risk of piracy and generally MMO games with lots of hype do well on PC, at least in terms of initial sales.

Advertisement