Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to E cigs quick question

Options
  • 02-06-2013 10:21am

I bought the VIP e cig starter pack. Just wondering how long do I need to charge the thing for? Thanks.

I mistakenly threw instructions away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

When it is charged, the light at the top will go off.

halkar wrote: »
    When it is charged, the light at the top will go off.

Ok, thanks.

It seems to be taking forever though:) Ive had it plugged in for about an hour now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Nearly sure they say 2 hours

tipptom wrote: »
    Nearly sure they say 2 hours

Just finished now!!

Ahhhh, thats better :)

Must say Im bloody chuffed with this thing. The plan isnt to stop, ( just yet, rather cut down) which this is helping me do.

Wish these were around years ago.

Ive been smoking for 33 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Jake1 wrote: »
    Just finished now!!

Must say Im bloody chuffed with this thing. The plan isnt to stop, ( just yet, rather cut down) which this is helping me do.

Yea,I bought them on a deal site and they lasted me 2 months at least before I got the liquid one.
    I still use it as a back up and you can take the end of them of with a fork and put a bit of liquid in them when it runs dry,gets you a little bit longer out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

Just finished now!!

After 25 years of smoking i started with VIP too over 6 months ago. I haven't smoked analogs since. I am on the juices now but I keep my VIP for emergencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

halkar wrote: »
    After 25 years of smoking i started with VIP too over 6 months ago. I haven't smoked analogs since. I am on the juices now but I keep my VIP for emergencies.

I started on VIP too. Four months off the fags now after thirty years and I must admit I'm pretty proud of myself.

Just have to kick the habit of buying new mods now :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

New to them myself...after some hesitation am quite pleased with how it's going, just need to find one that looks like an actual cigarette and not a Parker pen

my question is, can you buy the bottles of liquid and top up the filters that way yourself.....think I've seen it done on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All of these shops sell juice.

Not sure what device you have but if you want to keep it cig-sized the Innokin AIO accepts devices with the most popular connection-type, the 510.

Get some 2.0 ohm Boge cartomisers, fill with juice, attach to battery.

grindle wrote: »
    All of these shops sell juice.

Not sure what device you have but if you want to keep it cig-sized the Innokin AIO accepts devices with the most popular connection-type, the 510.

Get some 2.0 ohm Boge cartomisers, fill with juice, attach to battery.

One I got looks pretty much like this
    E-cigs-on-American-airplanes.jpg...came with 3 filters and a usb charger, basically my question is if I was to get a bottle like these http://www.pen-cig.eu/shop/e-liquids/ ....can they be used in the filters

• Advertisement

Have you taken apart the atomiser? The bit with the mouthpiece that you called a filter?
    If that mouth piece comes off it's either the type that has wadding inside itself, or wadding below it. Saturate the wadding with whatever juice you want.
    Unless it's the tank type, then you can fill the tank.

Have you not got a box or email with the name of the product on it?

Yeah both the atomiser and mouthpiece parts having wadding...so I can just drip the liquid in?

the box it came in was just a box shaped like a packet of 20 fags with Electronic Cigarette on the outside, pretty much it....

Yup, just drip the liquid in, that's it. Now instead of buying a new atty whenever it dries out you just need to buy a new atty when it stops working.

You'll enjoy flavours more if you keep separate atties for separate flavours, otherwise you'll be getting a mish-mash.

The darker or sweeter the juice, or if it's been made by steeping actual tobacco leaves, the sooner it'll die.

The atties that come with those things don't get too hot, so that'll delay the gunking-up of the atty if you do want to try the fancier liquids.

Yup, just drip the liquid in, that's it. Now instead of buying a new atty whenever it dries out you just need to buy a new atty when it stops working.

You'll enjoy flavours more if you keep separate atties for separate flavours, otherwise you'll be getting a mish-mash.

The darker or sweeter the juice, or if it's been made by steeping actual tobacco leaves, the sooner it'll die.

The atties that come with those things don't get too hot, so that'll delay the gunking-up of the atty if you do want to try the fancier liquids.

Cheers, learning as I go along......but like said I'll be looking for something that resembles more a ciggy than a pen....the last one on this page looks the job http://www.pen-cig.eu/shop/e-cigarette-kits/ ...can get the liquids there while I'm at it all relatively cheap

Ok, Im a muppet, whats juice?? :o is it another name for a flavoured filter or wha'? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

'juice' refers to the flavoured nicotine liquid goodness that goes into the ecig and gets turned into vapour.

Most of the cigalike kits come with and sell replacement cartirdges that are prefilled with nicotine juice. That's how they getcha.

If/When you decide to upgrade and get something else, you might get something that you can refill yourself without the need to buy a 5 or 10 pack of filters/cartridges on a regular basis and save yourself a few quid.

Finding a juice you really like is a journey in itself, farewall sailor! o>

hth

Ok, Im a muppet, whats juice?? :o is it another name for a flavoured filter or wha'? :)

It's the small bottle of liquid you drop into the atomiser (I still call it filter) ...picked up a 10ml bottle of just tobacco flavour this morning for 3.99.....the shop is located down the end of Talbot street if you're not interested in internet shopping, they sell pretty much everything you'd need

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    It's the small bottle of liquid you drop into the atomiser (I still call it filter) ...picked up a 10ml bottle of just tobacco flavour this morning for 3.99.....the shop is located down the end of Talbot street if you're not interested in internet shopping, they sell pretty much everything you'd need

Oh cool, Ill take a trip down talbot street and check it out, thanks :))

3.99, nothing wring with that :)

One last thing ( for now) what would be a strong juice? I asked the guy when I bought mine and he said its equivelent to Amber leaf, but its a bit too mild for me. Is there any strong named juice I should look out for?

thanks again all , Im still trying to get the hang of all the e-ciggin' .

What strength (?mg) is the juice?

What strength (?mg) is the juice?

it says 16mgs, maybe thats why is doesnt seem strong??..

I might need 100mgs (kidding)

• Advertisement

16mg is average strength, 20mg is where the real throathit starts, 24mg is my fave but makes some people's head spin.
    You could get the 24mg of the same juice (provided he has it) and if it's too strong, mix it equally with the 16mg to bring it to 20mg.

Oh cool, Ill take a trip down talbot street and check it out, thanks :))

3.99, nothing wring with that :)

One last thing ( for now) what would be a strong juice? I asked the guy when I bought mine and he said its equivelent to Amber leaf, but its a bit too mild for me. Is there any strong named juice I should look out for?

thanks again all , Im still trying to get the hang of all the e-ciggin' .

16mg seems to be what they had in tobacco....filters they sell were 18mg....dunno what other flavors they have, not too interested in experimenting as of yet.....the address of the shop is 19 Talbot street, find it on google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Cheers, learning as I go along......but like said I'll be looking for something that resembles more a ciggy than a pen....the last one on this page looks the job http://www.pen-cig.eu/shop/e-cigarette-kits/ ...can get the liquids there while I'm at it all relatively cheap

The charging base on that ce6 looks kinda cool

Advertisement