Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery Run Treadmill Query

Options
  • 02-06-2013 11:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am doing the p&d up to 55 mile programme in preparation for Berlin, I am doing my recovery runs on the treadmill in the gym followed by a light weights workout and stretching, I am just wondering if anyone sees any harm in breaking up the treadmill session in two where I could do half the light weights between, so say for example 2.5 miles, half a light session of weights followed by the other 2.5 miles followed by the other half of the weights session...or should the 5 miles be strictly followed in one go?

Thanks,

Muff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Hi all, I am doing the p&d up to 55 mile programme in preparation for Berlin, I am doing my recovery runs on the treadmill in the gym followed by a light weights workout and stretching, I am just wondering if anyone sees any harm in breaking up the treadmill session in two where I could do half the light weights between, so say for example 2.5 miles, half a light session of weights followed by the other 2.5 miles followed by the other half of the weights session...or should the 5 miles be strictly followed in one go?

Thanks,

Muff.

As you said its a recovery run so major focus is to be fresh for your nxt half day. Do whatever suits you. I would be more worried about a hard weights session if it was say a day before a hard session. With maxing a 55 with a long one you wont be running major mileage so to speak.

Advertisement