Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collectors

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Dr.Funke wrote: »
    Update:

I received an email from Sky today.

They said:

They tried to call me this afternoon (They didn't)
    They admit receiving my cancellation
    They transferred it to the ROI team who emailed me to contact them (They didn't, they said they'd contact me)
    They never heard back from me (They did, I didn't receive the follow up call as promised)
    Apology and balance cleared.

Glad it's sorted but I won't be rushing back to use any of their services any time soon.

How do you know they didnt try to call you? Maybe they wre able to call your magic phone that cant call them...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dr.Funke

lala88 wrote: »
    You should know at this stage the poor costumer is always in the right wile the company are always wrong no matter what. You should also know that the likes of Sky, ESB, Airtricity make plenty of money so its ok for people to not play them...

I was right....
    Bullies? So if a company wants money from people who wont pay them, (and dont give me this bull**** about not being able to pay because there are far more who just wont pay) they should just let them off?

Did you even read the whole thread before you come along posting crap? If you did you'd see that Sky contacted me and admitted they made a mistake and I actually didn't owe them any money. So they didn't let me off anything, they were WRONG.

Should I have just rolled over and paid a debt collection agency who I don't owe anything to? :confused:
    How do you know they didnt try to call you? Maybe they wre able to call your magic phone that cant call them...

Phones these days have this great invention where they list calls that where missed. I have my phone on me all day and had no missed calls on the day (or the day before) they claimed they tried to call me. I received all other calls that day so I don't think they actually tried to call me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    My experience with sky would lead me to believe the story here.
    Signed up for sky plus hd, the house had an existing dish. Installation guy comes out and sets up box.
    A few days later it doesn't work. Ring up and spend nearly a hour on phone and get no where, technician to call out anytime between 11-4 and shows up at nearly 5.
    Turns out the dish we had wasn't usable the way it was for sky plus services, only 1 receiver apparently.
    Why wasn't that checked by him?
    Why didn't the agent on phone check to see what was installed before at that house?
    To get a refund for the days of no service involves ringing them again and being on hold and passed around, so coupled with the original call would negate any refund.
    No service again, another lengthy discussion. Technician out again, he knows its not the box but replaces it and voila no service. Another call and now it's the card so we have to wait 4-5 working days. New card works again, new box not as good as old and all recordings lost. No refund.
    Get a letter saying because I'm such a valued customer they are giving me free sky sports for 6 months, nice one. Next two bills, still billed for it. After numerous calls and numerous people passing me around they decide that I have to ring a different number altogether because I need to talk to a different department.
    Called them and they have no record of any such letter, so I emailed it to them. It takes five emails, which were all sent without issue, before to acknowledge that I got a letter. Waited a week for them to call back like they said the would no call. Call them back up and jump through their hoops and finally get it sorted. No apologies for the hassle.
    So far my calls to sky have cost over €40 and I've received one partial refund of €7.50.
    Two months later I got double billed, so over €100 comes out of my account. Ring them up, again so more cost, and get 'oh it seems we doubled billed you', so reason why or apology.
    Cancel my hd, a few months later those channels are working again? Ring them up and apparently they have applied free hd to my account for 6 months, I no longer have a hd tv. They never told me they would be doing this. To cancel it I would have to spend ,ore time on the phone and speak to another person, so I asked will it just stop after 6 months and got a clear yes.
    7 months later I get charged for hd in my standard definition tv.
    Ring the. Up and ask why it wasn't cancelled. 'Well sir you should of giving 30 days notice to cancel it before it wasn't free any,ore'. Extremely rude and I explain the situation that I never looked for it, doesn't matter.
    I cancel my subscription to sky and refuse to pay the hd cost.
    They put me onto a debt collection agency.
    Fast forward 6-7 months and sky are ringing me to offer half price sub.
    Eventually I cave and agree.
    Go to set it up, 'but sir who owe such amount all ready'
    Sky are the worse customer service I have dealt with and their practices are shady.
    I fully agree with you that that is abysmal.

Seems it's due to incompetence and poor communications between departments though, rather than any intention to cause you distress. Hope you get every cent refunded and a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I fully agree with you that that is abysmal.

Seems it's due to incompetence and poor communications between departments though, rather than any intention to cause you distress. Hope you get every cent refunded and a bonus.

Have you ever dealt with sky? I got nothing but a phone bill.

A lot of that was incompetence but to go to that extent, you'd surely have to question their practices in general.
    Every time I had to contact them there was some sort of confusion that cost be money.

I was right....

Did you even read the whole thread before you come along posting crap? If you did you'd see that Sky contacted me and admitted they made a mistake and I actually didn't owe them any money. So they didn't let me off anything, they were WRONG.

Should I have just rolled over and paid a debt collection agency who I don't owe anything to? :confused:

Phones these days have this great invention where they list calls that where missed. I have my phone on me all day and had no missed calls on the day (or the day before) they claimed they tried to call me. I received all other calls that day so I don't think they actually tried to call me.

Most phones these days can call any number apart you your magic phone that doesnt seem to be able to.

Even if you did owe them the money you would have stll tired to claim you owed them nothing. Seeing as your a new poster you should fit right in with all the other sob stories and ''victims'' on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Dr.Funke

Most phones these days can call any number apart you your magic phone that doesnt seem to be able to.

Even if you did owe them the money you would have stll tired to claim you owed them nothing. Seeing as your a new poster you should fit right in with all the other sob stories and ''victims'' on here

I'd doubt I'm the only one who can't call non-geographical numbers. Sky choose to only supply an 0818 number and no alternative.

Sky offer three options on their site and I chose one that suited me. If they didn't want me to use email they shouldn't list it as an option.

If you read my original post (I'm seeing a trend here of you not actually reading the thread) you'd see I said outright if I owed them money of course I would pay them.

Me asking for advice on debt collectors should be a hint that I always pay what I owe and have never experienced this before.

I also never gave a sob story or claimed I was a victim. I gave the facts and asked for advice. I also asked could anyone see what I could have done wrong.

I can't believe I updated the thread with Sky's response and showing I didn't actually owe money and there are still posters trying to make it out as if it was my fault. :rolleyes:

I'd doubt I'm the only one who can't call non-geographical numbers. Sky choose to only supply an 0818 number and no alternative.

Sky offer three options on their site and I chose one that suited me. If they didn't want me to use email they shouldn't list it as an option.

If you read my original post (I'm seeing a trend here of you not actually reading the thread) you'd see I said outright if I owed them money of course I would pay them.

Me asking for advice on debt collectors should be a hint that I always pay what I owe and have never experienced this before.

I also never gave a sob story or claimed I was a victim. I gave the facts and asked for advice. I also asked could anyone see what I could have done wrong.

I can't believe I updated the thread with Sky's response and showing I didn't actually owe money and there are still posters trying to make it out as if it was my fault. :rolleyes:

Funny iv never heard of anyone who had a phone cant wasnt able to ring numbers, like i said must be magic. It may have been there mistake but you still tried your best to get out of it and the whole time it was Skys fault so yes you were trying to play the victim like so many others on here. If you were on the wrong you would still try to find a way to get out of it. Of course you'll deny all of that just the way the good people of boards like people to do

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dr.Funke it's probably best not to engage lala88, that poster doesn't make a lot of sense when posting about business - as is fairly evident by their posts in this thread, much ranting/rambling, little conversation/debate.

Dr.Funke it's probably best not to engage lala88, that poster doesn't make a lot of sense when posting about business - as is fairly evident by their posts in this thread, much ranting/rambling, little conversation/debate.

oh look a mob sticking up for a poster whos trying to get out of playing for something what a surprise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Play To Kill

Funny iv never heard of anyone who had a phone cant wasnt able to ring numbers, like i said must be magic.

All phone companies offer call barring services, for example you can choose to block calls to mobile phone numbers. From my own experience this blocks calls to any phone number that has a prefix of 08 meaning that 0818 prefix's are also barred. It's not magic, it's a service offered by phone companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

See, this is the unfair stuff that gets trotted out without ANY back-up whatsoever re customer service agents who can't defend themselves. They're just ordinary people, vast majority of whom want to help, yet it just gets decided by randomers that they're completely malicious.
    its probably a case that customer service dosen't know what is going on. They are left in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The issue here has been resolved and I don't see this thread adding any more value.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement