Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ViewCast Osprey 500WM DV Pro Driver

Options
  • 02-06-2013 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

Long shot here, Bought this card

ViewCast Osprey 500WM DV Pro, Didn't get a driver with it.

Can't find a link anywhere on line. Checked out the Osprey site and there is no support listed for it.

Anyone any pointers where to look?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

No joy from the seller, has had the card unused for years so no driver. good news it's only for XP which I still use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

ftp://ftp.viewcast.com/pub/Drivers/Legacy/Osprey-500_2.2.1.zip perhaps ? Listed as "Osprey 500 Driver"

Thanks, had a look at that already, it's just a patch. No sign of the dirver on the site or elsewhere that I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

OP, try extracting the setup files within the archive with 7-Zip or similar. Osprey-5002.2.1UpdateforW2K.exe contains an *.INF file, you may be able to install the driver manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I was going to suggest you plug it in and find the PCI vendor and device IDs from DeviceManager, but interestingly, although ViewCast have a vendor ID,

http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=1408
    No known devices for this vendor.

But maybe you'd get a different vendor ID from the properties of your card and get some luck that way.

• Advertisement

EarthlyPangaea I'm not great messing around with software.

bonzodog2 I have the unit serial number but Osprey site didn't recognize it.

There's an RTE head nearby, I'll give him a shout, it looks like the type of thing they might have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

There appears to be a version called
    Osprey_500_w00_105b

but the readme says that it's for win 2K only.

"
    Osprey Video Division
    ViewCast Corporation

Osprey-500 Capture Driver

For Windows 2000
    Version 1.0.5b
    "

ressem Thanks a bundle, have the card working, now to read the 152 page manual on how it works.

Thanks all

Advertisement