Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetable Identity?

• 02-06-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

So we planted a load of veg and one seems to have gotten in everywhere. Anyone know what the veg beside the spring onion is?

20130602125713resized.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

It looks like lettuce.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Mmm, it does.
    might have escaped from someone's cut and come again salad.
    or else it's a weed of some sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

What's the plant in the pot behind ? When you said they were everywhere I assumed that it was one of them as well (and it doesn't look like a lettuce ).

That one reminds me of a sweetcorn(from distant memory). Though lettuces can look a bit like that if they have bolted.
    The one in front (beside the spring onion) I wondered if it might be lamb's lettuce.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

Thanks a million everyone.

It does seem more likely its some sort of weed then lettuce as i am very confused how it got into so many different planting pots. I will take one out and put it somewhere to see what it is and i wouldnt be surprised if it was indeed dandelion!

The one behind is a sweetcorn alright!

Advertisement