Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deter a wasp from making cocoon in shed

• 02-06-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    in recent years wasps have repeatedly built a cocoon in our shed. Each year i just get rid of the cocoon shaped yoke but each year they return. It has happened again but i caught it early this year as the cocoon is only a small bit built. Can anyone advise on a spray or something I can get to use to stop the wasps returning? thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Unless they are a problem, wasps are a very useful predator to have in the garden.

Small hives are easily removed by simply swiping with a brush after dark. If you're feeling squeamish, spray first and hoover it during daylight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

6a00e550e7b9c2883301156f301cbc970c-320wi

I saw this in Portugal. It works! It looks like a hive to wasps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

They make them in sheds because they have an endless supply of raw wood from which to make them so the solution is to paint the inside of the shed. It worked for me :)

Advertisement