Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing maths

Options
  • 02-06-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

If you fail maths in the junior cert do you have to repeat? Im hopeless at maths, i got 38% in the pres, im clueless ! Im doing honours but all of a sudden everyone is talking about having to repeat all of third year if you fail? Please tell me this is untrue :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

That's false :) You can't "fail" the junior cert even if you get 12 NGs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AislingE wrote: »
    If you fail maths in the junior cert do you have to repeat? Im hopeless at maths, i got 38% in the pres, im clueless ! Im doing honours but all of a sudden everyone is talking about having to repeat all of third year if you fail? Please tell me this is untrue :(

It's not true.
    You might need to look at dropping to OL for 5th year or maybe using TY to get some extra help with Maths as it is important for a number of college courses, if that's what you'd like to do after your Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

AislingE wrote: »

No but if you fail they won't let you do honors for Leaving Cert and they'll automatically put you in OL class.

If you do LCVP though it should cover you if you do OL mathematical in leaving cert and it can get you up to 70 points so it's like a B in HL maths

Advertisement