Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurling Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Official attendance 19049

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Fireball07 wrote: »
    One terrace empty.

Stand is less than full than it was for the Limerick-Tipp match and there was less than 20k there. I'd say <15k

19,049 official attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Absolute disgrace that the Kilkenny v Dublin game is not on TV .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Absolute disgrace that the Kilkenny v Dublin game is not on TV .

Forget TV, that's understandable. But for christ sake we're in the internet age - stream the damn thing on GAA.ie, it's being recorded for highlights anyway :mad:

Are there are radio stations carrying it? I've only got live blogs and RTE Radio 1 which is flicking between all the matches.

http://dublincityfm.ie/ - Click the Listen Live on the left side of the page about half-way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Some of the stuff in this game is actually embarassing...for hurlers with the class they have, it's just hard to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

****en joke of a ref.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

How was that not a free?

Going to regret those goal misses

How is it steps one end of the field and free in at the other. He is an embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Cork 3 up...they're doing well.

Hard to tell how well they're going, Clare seem a bit aimless. But Cork are battling away well and have scored a few nice points. Dunno if I should be worried from a Limerick pov.

niallo27 wrote: »
    How is it steps one end of the field and free in at the other. He is an embarrassment.

He might have made a few mistakes, but he's not costing Clare the game at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Cork could destroy Clare here

He might have made a few mistakes, but he's not costing Clare the game at the moment.

No they are shocking in fairness. No plan B from Davy. He is being found out badly today.

Dublin level 6 mins left. Would really throw a spanner in the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Ref screwing Clare

KK 1-12 : Dub 15

Forget TV, that's understandable. But for christ sake we're in the internet age - stream the damn thing on GAA.ie, it's being recorded for highlights anyway :mad:

Are there are radio stations carrying it? I've only got live blogs and RTE Radio 1 which is flicking between all the matches.

http://dublincityfm.ie/ - Click the Listen Live on the left side of the page about half-way down.

II know, but I want to watch the munster semi final as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

C'mon Dublin!

There's an all Ireland there for the taking.

Ok in fairness to Clare now, Cork are getting every free. But they still aren't playing well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Cork Clare game seemed a fair bit flat, if that makes any sense.

Not saying its a bad game but it just doesn't seem to have really caught fire.

Bit odd for a Munster Championship game.

• Advertisement

The Cats are on the rack Dublin are missing a lot of chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

ffs RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Dublin a point up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

level again!

EDIT: Dublin 1 up 2mins to go.

EDIT: Level again 1-14 to 0-17

Dublin winning by a point, at teh death

TJ levels for the cats, Nooooooo

• Advertisement

Oh sweet Jesus. Did he just give a free in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Another soft free for Cork.

Still the lack of plan b is killing us even more than the ref

Woops, slight mistake on dubmatch tracker.

Draw in the Dublin/kilkenny game

And it's all up for Kilkenny vs Dublin - 1-14 to 0-17 and it goes to replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Replay for dublin vs KK

Munster is looking very disappointing this year. Claire v cork is looking poor enough and no team are standing out as good this year.
    Cork are running away in the second half but aren't looking like anything special.

Draw in the Dublin/kilkenny game

Kilkenny will annihilate then in the replay, you don't get many chances against the cats and when you do you need to take them, just ask Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Ended in a draw. Well done Dub

Kilkenny will annihilate then in the replay, you don't get many chances against the cats and when you do you need to take them, just ask Galway.

I personally agree with you. Dublin will rue those wides

you're right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

garv123 wrote: »
    Cork are running away in the second half but aren't looking like anything special.
    Cork usually only do enough to win ,they are playing in second gear,they will finish well .

Feel sorry for the Clare fans. This is a very disappointing performance from the Clare players and I know where I'd be laying the blame..

Zardoz wrote: »
    Cork usually only do enough to win ,they are playing in second gear,they will finish well .

Nah theres nothing special about cork this year at all.
    Its a terrible second half to watch. clare aren't up to scratch at all. Waterford threw away the game to clare with the amount of wides.

It wont be a cork team competing with KK this year.

Cork are well in front but to say Clare could have had 5 goals is not that crazy. Plus Clare have gifted cork at least 5 points with this tippy tappy **** at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Feel sorry for the Clare fans. This is a very disappointing performance from the Clare players and I know where I'd be laying the blame..

Indeed !!!!! Pussyfooting out of defence could only come from one source:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well lads Limerick or Cork for the Munster?

Davy looked mad before the match, can only imagine what he'll be like now.

Clare absolutely fell to pieces in the second half. cork didnt play any better even, clare were just brutal. giving away so many silly points around the back line when they had possession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Is the Munster final on in limerick or semple lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gas, Cork player being interviewed on RTE radio, "We ****ing hit the ground running"

EDIT: It was Cian McCarthy

Vertigo100 wrote: »

limerick

Danno wrote: »
    Very true Mountainlad...

I know some of the players on the team and they are gutted to have lost it. Sunday was a rollercoaster ride of emotions for them. What struck a chord with the team was the standing ovation from the crowd at half time... I even believe a "Mountain Lad" was teary-eyed at half time in the dressing room. ;)

Some quarters look to the turn-around in form and say Laois have arrived on the big stage, but don't let the expectations get up I say... we still have alot of ground to make up and to ship a bad loss is still possible.

The work in the county over the past decade with very little resources has been excellent and the results can speak to themselves. We have handed out serious drubbings to divisional teams from the traditional stronghold counties... Laois 9-19 V 1-09 against mid-Tipp amongst a good few strong results stands out as an indication to the work done here.

These players are starting to feed into the minor setup now and we are especially keen to see how they get on, especially this Sunday when they face a strong WX line-up in Portlaoise before the Dublin-Kilkenny senior semi-final. If our minors win it will be a Leinster Final for them - the first since 1991 I believe.

Fair to say well done Laois on a superb win for their minors today. Best of luck in the Leinster minor final

Well lads Limerick or Cork for the Munster?

Hard to tell. waterford through away the game against clare with horrible wides.

Limerick beat a terrible tip and now cork beat a terrible clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Vertigo100 wrote: »

Limerick

Cork were impressive enough, I mean 0-15 in the 2nd half, without every hitting full flow. Can't take them lightly...shocked at Clare's performance

• Advertisement

Indeed !!!!! Pussyfooting out of defence could only come from one source:rolleyes:

Ah look the whole team was way below the level they should be. You'd think Clare were the team that haven't played in 12 weeks.

A depleted team who've lost loads of players. Don't get me wrong, still some very talented players in that team but if you went through there team you'd find a list of players who had a lot of questions over them.

They were badly prepared, there tactics were awful. Do you blame Tony Kelly for that? Do you blame Honan for that? No, you blame the man who orchestrates it all, because it is his fault.

Advertisement