Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alpina Star 36d strimmer

• 02-06-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,
    Bought an Alpina Star 36d strimmer along time ago but want to start to use it again, problem is I can't remember if its a 2 stroke or 4 stroke petrol engine. Anybody have a glue or even where to find out - google has let me down.

Thanks

Comments

Most 2-stroke engines have a simple cylinder head with just the spark plug at the end where as the 4 stroke ones have valves at the same end as the spark plug plus many have a separate oil sump, but some you still need to mix the oil with petrol.

A quick google shows that 4 stroke engines are becoming more common, might be worth googling the engine make rather than the strimmer name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

Thanks for that, ended up bringing to a garden tool crowd and they told me it was 2 stroke..

Advertisement